Sponsored by:

phantom vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009 | 10:54 PM

C 63?
phantom vehicle

Get a load of this BS......
I got a call from the business manager of the dealership I've been dealing with for a C63 that "is being intercepted" on its way to BC because the original deal fell through. Apparently MB Canada called my dealership to let them know a car was conveniently available just before quarter end. The sales manager calls me a say to get down right away to put my 10% down to lock in the vehicle.......its what I want so I give em the cash and they give me a VIN. I try and track the vehicle with the VIN.....no dice. so the next day I call MB and ask if there is a way to track by VIN. I give the guy my VIN and he tells me that it hasn't been assigned yet. I get kinda spooked so call the dealership thinking maybe i've transposed numbers or something. no, they say its good at the dealer. The next morning I call MB Canada and they tell me it was a "mistake", it is a working VIN and describe car and options to me. I call dealership to tell them. I am told at this point by dealer that "there has a been some kind of error, and we are trying to find YOUR vehicle's VIN". at this point I am starting to trip.....so I go in this evening and the business manager pulls me in the office and says that the car that MB said was alotted to them has been given to a dealer on the east coast! WTF! They say MB will "correct it and "make it right". I ask how, to no specifics. I am pretty disheartened as I sold a vehicle to put large cash down and now am being told maybe 10 days to 3 weeks with no definite car in sight. I was told worse case scenario "6 months if factory ordered". phuq that. Iwould be well into 2010 model year. If i hadn't had contact with MB directly i would have placed the blame on the dealership directly. As it stands, I'm not sure how to proceed. thanks for letting me chew your collective ears......
Old 04-22-2009 | 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
The "blame" still rests with the dealership, no? They are the party with whom you engaged in this transaction, not MB Canada. But honestly, while this situation does sound unpleasant, it doesn't seem all that different from many I've heard before. Sometimes, it's a ploy to secure a deposit and prevent you from buying a competitor's car. Sometimes, it's an honest mistake.

Which dealership did you go through?
Old 04-22-2009 | 11:15 PM

C 63?
Wink

Just because I'm dealing with the dealership still, I'd rather not post it.......PM me and I will let you know
Old 04-22-2009 | 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by ondavid
Just because I'm dealing with the dealership still, I'd rather not post it.......PM me and I will let you know
PM sent.
Old 04-23-2009 | 12:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E350 Sport & Rs6
Humm.... That's tuff....10 days or 3 weeks isn't that bad BUT I wonder if they would really ask you to stay on board for 6 months from now??? Ask them specifically, what they plan on doing for you? I am curious to see if you can get a free package? Just a thought....
Old 04-23-2009 | 12:57 AM

C 63?
will keep you updated....
Old 04-23-2009 | 01:04 AM

2009 C63 AMG
I think you should definately get something out of this. See what they can do to make it up to you. A couple I'm sorry's is not enough.
Old 04-23-2009 | 01:06 AM

bike
Dealerships are such scam artists. They did this just to close another deal this month...to get their numbers. I guarantee you they knew this was going on.
Old 04-23-2009 | 07:24 PM

My friend from order his c63 and got his car less than a month, because the car he got is someone's order. so dealer gave him someone's car to him and told the guy his car is back order. hope you can get some good deal on it
Old 04-23-2009 | 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Sorry to hear of this, it may be an inocent error but give them a chance to look into it and fix it before you get upset. Getting upset wont make a car come faster anyway. I hope it all works out bro!
Old 04-24-2009 | 05:08 AM

C63
:(

You should push as hard as possible to get thousands of dollars off the car. I am talking about HUGE reciprocation for what they are making you wait and the hassle that they put you through. I would start bringing down MB's quality rep that would get them by the *****.
Old 04-24-2009 | 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
You could always persuade them to give you the car fully optioned for the price of a c350 sports fully optioned
Old 04-24-2009 | 09:43 PM

C 63?
ok so the follow up............I go in today after not having heard from MB or dealer for 72 hours, i go to the dealership. subtly and gently i state my case. after threatening to walk on the deal and expressing my disappointment in MB, low and behold, significant offers appear to "allay your discontent". mysteriously a vehicle available in <10 days becomes available. we are in business! loaded, tenorite grey, can't F-ing wait!
Old 04-25-2009 | 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Make sure to tell them that if it's not there in 10 days they better do something or you're going to get an M3 or IS-F or something on the same level. Because honestly lets face it....if they're treating you like that when you're thinking of buying a car...I wonder how they're gonna treat your car when you take it in to service