LEDs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
LEDs

Hey guys

has anyone changed their parking lights and rear tail number plate lights to white LED?

i heard from a jap friend that you need to get special cancellers so the CPU dosnt read the different voltages..

i saw xenons put on the fog light, and it looks awesome when you lock/unlock the car, im just afraid that the bulbs might blow since they keep flicking on when you turn left or right...

suggestions??
Old 04-24-2009, 01:39 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Check the regular C-Class forum for info on LEDs. There was a group buy a couple of weeks ago on bulbs. Pictures should be available in another week or so as people start to get their orders. Some LEDs require resistors to prevent error messages. The ones in the Group Buy apparently don't cause an error even without resistors.

P.S. Your abbreviation for "Japanese" might be considered offensive by some. Just an FYI...
Old 04-24-2009, 02:03 AM

09 c300 4matic
i got a couple pairs left of both.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Originally Posted by veedman
Hey guys

has anyone changed their parking lights and rear tail number plate lights to white LED?

i heard from a jap friend that you need to get special cancellers so the CPU dosnt read the different voltages..

i saw xenons put on the fog light, and it looks awesome when you lock/unlock the car, im just afraid that the bulbs might blow since they keep flicking on when you turn left or right...

suggestions??
I have the fog lights had it for 2 months now so far no problem. However, since I noticed the flicker with the fog lights (and since they only come on at night) I just turn the fog lights on to keep it from flickering
Old 04-24-2009, 08:48 AM

2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Arctic White PP
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
I have the fog lights had it for 2 months now so far no problem. However, since I noticed the flicker with the fog lights (and since they only come on at night) I just turn the fog lights on to keep it from flickering
Jae Duk did you add resistors to your foglights when you installed your xenon ?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
It was ordered and body shop put it on. There was a box that they tucked inside (i assume it was the voltage stabalizer).

Just noticed you said xenon, I have HID's on mine...but mine does flicker on and flicker off when I turn so at night I just leave it on.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:44 PM

c63 amg
sorry about the japanese abbreviation if anyone took offense to it...

yeah i think HIDs /Xenons are so similar nowadays, Let me go check the c class forum..

cheers guys..