C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about new C63, opinions please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
Thinking about new C63, opinions please!

Afternoon all,

Hope everyone's week is going well thus far and that the economy has yet to throw anyone on here any more curve *****. As for me I have found less and less of a need for my TL. I orginally bought the car because while visiting certain locations and meetings with various clients, I felt a car that was understated and not known to be an expensive car would be a proper idea. Now that this need is becoming less previlent, and considering I don't like a bare space in the garage , I was thinking about a C63. After all the hype about the car I figure that it must be great. I figure if I get a C63 it will be similar size compared to the Acura however will obviously be much more of a thrill to drive. But enough jabber, I need your opinions on the automobile. For example I'd love the know how it stacks up compared to the M3 and new CTS-V. Please tell me if you like particulars on the M or the V better. Any input is welcome and very much appreciated.

Thank you all for your time,

AMG1
Old 04-30-2009, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Before you get flamed to death, your best bet is to do a search, there are tonnes of comparisons of both vehicles and there are also threads about personal opinions of the C63....in short to save you alot of time, awesome car with excellent acceleration and a very intoxicating sound, period!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:09 PM

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Before you get flamed to death, your best bet is to do a search, there are tonnes of comparisons of both vehicles and there are also threads about personal opinions of the C63....in short to save you alot of time, awesome car with excellent acceleration and a very intoxicating sound, period!
Thanks for the words for wisdom, will search.

Best,

AMG1
Old 04-30-2009, 08:11 PM

'09 C63
I would suggest you test drive all 3 and see which one YOU like best and fits you needs. After all it's your money and we are not going to be driving it.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 PM

agreed. ^ best bet is to test drive all 3 and just tell us which you picked
Old 04-30-2009, 10:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
I must admit the CTS-V has a bad *** interior
Old 04-30-2009, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by arctichaze
I was going to say something of the sort but I dont want to reinforce the idea of "pushing" my car onto forum members as stated by members of the board...
Old 04-30-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Originally Posted by arctichaze
Yea but IMO that is waste of money spending 65K on a bad *** interior. No Offense!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:57 AM

2009 C63 AMG
There are just to many M3's out there and I'm a torque junkie so the C63 was the choice for me and as far as handling goes drop in some KW's put a set of Toyo R888's on and your good to go. Don't know all that much about the performance characteristics of the CTS-V so will withhold comment. I will also not comment on the looks as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Your original post mentioned being understand and not know as an expensive car. If that is still one of your consideration points then the BMW would be the lesser of the three in the prestige category.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by myblkc63
There are just to many M3's out there and I'm a torque junkie so the C63 was the choice for me.
I previously drove a slightly modded Evo 9 (actually I still have it) and when I test drove the M3 I was like wtf happened to the torque?

My little 4 banger with a turbo had more torque than that thing. It might sound like an insult but it really felt like I was driving a really expensive s2000 when I drove the M3. It handles like its on rails but you need to get it up there in the RPM to get some ummph.