C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Just totalled my car, and very disapointed with Geico's response...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by juicee63
Your goingto have to repair the car. Geico really is outof the loop on this because you only have liability.

You needed to file a claim with the person that cut you off and caused you to deter into the rail.

Your liability insurance would cover the car you hit but only if you were at fault.

This is an example of not involving your insurance. You collided with the guard rail and unfortunately are 100%responsible to repair your car , this is not covered by liability.

Just be glad you are not stuck with the repair of the guard rail...

It was good for Geico you avoided the other car as if you hit from the rear 99% of the time you are at fault and geico would pay to have the OTHER VEHICLE fixed not yours.

I have full coverage on all my cars plus a 1m umbrella. Geico is telling me to prove to them when the damage on my car happened which is impossible. LOL So I pay 4400.00 year and get denied, you likely pay less for your Focus and liability only protects other peoples property from you.

Fix your car, and be thankful you are not hurt. Geico has some great people and some vindictive ones
I dont think I am gonna fix it..it's not worth the money....since the airbags deployed and the under carriage is totaled...so maybe I am just gonna let it go..soo sad though...that car meant alot to me

well **** happens...
Old 05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Sry to hear about u car. Just be happy u ok. Cars are cars they can be replaced people can't. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E350 Sport & Rs6
I'm sorry, it always sucks when they mean something...... What's next?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Sorry about your case. Def. good thing you hit the rail and not other car. At least your rate won't go up.

Collision coverage is what you need in this case, which is not worth it for this car. Look up KBB value of you car, I don't think it's even close to 6k. So even if you had the coverage you'd get 2-3k from geico if you are lucky. Your savings on the insurance rate by not having collision offsets it further if not makes up for it. So good choice on not having collision on this type of car, but bad luck. Maybe should've driven C63 as daily driver, it has better breaks and more luxury you know...lol
Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1991 560SEC Teal 1989 420SEL Ice Blue 1984 500SEC White
Originally Posted by B.E.R.U.A.N.G
true...it's some how my fault...well i know i got a better chance if i hit the car in-front of me...but oh well, at least no other person got injured...and I just gonna called it bad luck

and btw...I dont think my 2001 ford focus is considered a high-end car
and i dont think its worth more than $6,000

but the sentimental value of that car is priceless to me...I even sold my CLK instead my Focus to make a room for my C63...it is really that much for me...

and sorry for the bull-sh*t i post here...I still wanted my focus back
If you would have rear ended the van, you would still be at fault for not having your car under control at all times.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 PM

C63, GL450, Panamera S, lots of little British leakers
Hate to rain on your parade, but...

You hit the rail to avoid hitting another car... to a savvy policeman, you did the right thing, good going, we all agree!

To the insurance company, you're just a dummy who was driving too fast for conditions (your hydroplaning confirms this). They will pay to fix the guardrail, and maybe pay for the rollback, but you are on your own for your repairs.

The better coverage on your Benz is not going to transfer to your beater. If it did, no one would ever buy full coverage on more than one car, would they?

Sorry, but without an ID on the SUV and credible witness testimony, you have little chance of collecting on your car, as the insurance company has no one to go after to recoup their loss.