C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resonator removal, anyone done it, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
Well I know MNL_ICE took the resonator off and it noticeably louder already.

To be honest you don't need it to be louder than it is, unless you want cops and others to really hear you better. Everytime I got pulled over in my STOCK C63 the cops have said "I heard you go by!" and the last one said, "Keep In Mind Your Car Is Loud."

It's your choice but I wouldn't advise making it louder, however put in M, turn your audio off, open the windows, and drive that beast on an open road! You will see that its loud enough.....lol

All The Best!

Hmmm, good post, thank you. I think I might keep them on then.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG & RR
Originally Posted by Merc63
Hmmm, good post, thank you. I think I might keep them on then.
Np , feels nice to be appreciated lol.

Sounds like a good plan, keep it on and spend the money on some tasteful mods like TunedC63's new exterior mods.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Heres a vid of it going down the road.... Some people like it, some people hate it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Sq83bbwgw
Old 06-22-2009, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I'm thinking about doing the 2nd cat delete and leaving the resonator in as well, just had a few questions.

Any CEL problems?

How much were you guys charged for this? I'm assuming they get rid of the 2nd cat and put like a pipe in its place? Or do you just remove it?

What does this do for warranty? I go to my dealer whenever I can to take advantage of the free car washes, would the sound difference be that noticeable to them under regular driving conditions?

I'm assuming some cutting and welding will be done, but aside from a few aesthetics, it's completely reversible? Any change in sound once undone?

Typically, what kind of gains (if any)?

Last edited by drawde; 06-22-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM

does anyone have a video of just the secondary cat delete? the resonator delete might be too loud for me...

also are there any droning issues when you do theses mods?

@drawde, i removed the resonator on my range rover sport and had no problems with the dealer and they did notice the sounds difference, i know its not mercedes but i figured they wouldnt really care either...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 AM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by drawde
I'm thinking about doing the 2nd cat delete and leaving the resonator in as well, just had a few questions.

Any CEL problems?

How much were you guys charged for this? I'm assuming they get rid of the 2nd cat and put like a pipe in its place? Or do you just remove it?

What does this do for warranty? I go to my dealer whenever I can to take advantage of the free car washes, would the sound difference be that noticeable to them under regular driving conditions?

I'm assuming some cutting and welding will be done, but aside from a few aesthetics, it's completely reversible? Any change in sound once undone?

+1 I be interested in knowing the charge for this as well.

When I had my 03 X5 4.6is I had put on a Eisenmann Race Exhaust from Germany. It was direct bolt on to the resonator and transformed my 4.6 into a monster. It was very very loud and throaty. Anyways when I took it to Prestige BMW the Service Manager mentioned it to me but said it would only be an issue if you had a CEL due to a O2 sensor. Regardless I had complete faith in Eisenmann considering the exhaust cost me $2500 that it would never throw a CEL. Till the day I traded it in for my E46 M3 never an issue arose.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63

Any CEL problems?

bump
Old 06-29-2009, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Well, to answer one of my own questions, I asked someone in Service at my dealer and I was told removing my 2nd cat would void my emissions warranty.

Now I guess the question is (other than finding another place to get service), do I really care? What's covered under emissions?

Last edited by drawde; 06-29-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 PM

C63 AMG
Hi, I did... It was recorded in a garage with a lot of echo, on the streets it is not that loud. I have a video with the Mufflers removed too, I will try to find it and post!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AK_5E1SMDU
Old 09-06-2009, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 040 Black C63, 2009 Arctic White G55, 2012 Storm Red CLS550 4Matic

Any CEL problems?

can someone answer these questions please...i was initially going to remove my second cats and resonator but now im thinking to keep the resonator on and just remove my second cats.