Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your C63 buck like a raging bull due to ESP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your C63 buck like a raging bull due to ESP

I usually drive with ESP Sport on spirited drives. But there are times that you just want to cruise around and I leave it in ESP on.

The thing is, when you get the desire to step on the throttle at bit with ESP on, the engine seems to cut out and makes the car buck. I'm pretty sure this is the traction control cutting out the engine. I was just wondering if any of you guys experience this as well. It's a bit annoying specially on overtaking and seems to **** up the wife and kids. Is the traction control really that way with no smoothness when it kicks in
Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I just dont drive wih ESP on ever, otherwise it will bobble your head and look like a loser to the car next to you.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Even with ESP OFF/Sport mode, when I'm practicing my launches I can bog the car and it just goes into limp mode for all of 1st gear, takes a second or more to shift, then BOOM.

Pretty weird, it has happened twice in maybe 20 launches.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by 1st amg
I just dont drive wih ESP on ever, otherwise it will bobble your head and look like a loser to the car next to you.
I'll be expecting an "OMG I crashed my shiny new C63" from you any day now...

-Rob
Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by transferred
I'll be expecting an "OMG I crashed my shiny new C63" from you any day now...

-Rob
hahahaha
Old 05-15-2009, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
If you can't drive this car without ESP off you need to re-evaluate your driving skills.

I forgot ESP on today, **** is that ever annoying went around a corner and the whole car jumped as the ESP kicked in.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by Merc63
If you can't drive this car without ESP off you need to re-evaluate your driving skills.

I forgot ESP on today, **** is that ever annoying went around a corner and the whole car jumped as the ESP kicked in.
Ditto, same here....."transferred Rob", tracking the C63 as I have done a few times now gives the confidence and know how of what the limits of my car are, so i hope to not make your wishes come true.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:25 PM

09' C63 AMG
I always drive with the ESP on Sport, leaving it on sucks especially when you forget its on while attempting to have some fun... ESP off is fun too but its not for everyone.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 PM

09 C63
Now now, you need to re-evaluate your confidence level if you think you can drive with ESP off all the time, unless you are an extremely skilled driver. That is not the case for most drivers. The C63 is not an easy driver with ESP off. (edit: not aimed at those driving with ESP on SPORT)
Old 05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
i've yet to turn esp to sport or off - im not even sure I ever will

maybe after I take some driving school I will..but as confident as I am in normal driving condition, I personally dont find the C63 to be a normal car

i guess since im still breaking it in im pretty satisfied with what I know it can do once I pass 1000 miles...baby steps
Old 05-16-2009, 02:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'08 C63 AMG (turned in for lease)
The only time that i EVER drive with esp on is when its raining. I think that if you are afraid to drive without the ESP on you're either 1) a pu$$y, 2) too old to drive this car (and being young/old at heart is what i mean), or 3) it's your first car/ sports car. I got the car for the speed, burn outs and a little sideways action (when its safe). Thats just me tho
Old 05-16-2009, 02:25 AM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Turned ESP Off one time and lost control of the car - that was enough for me. Sport is the way I roll.

I would love to do it again someday but I need to improve my skills. Just being honest
Old 05-16-2009, 04:19 AM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Danny_Boy
The only time that i EVER drive with esp on is when its raining. I think that if you are afraid to drive without the ESP on you're either 1) a pu$$y, 2) too old to drive this car (and being young/old at heart is what i mean), or 3) it's your first car/ sports car. I got the car for the speed, burn outs and a little sideways action (when its safe). Thats just me tho
+1

You couldn’t have said it any better... How can you get the Performance Package and not even turn the dam ESP OFF or put it on Sport

Seriously, why did you even waste your money on a C63 then...

Originally Posted by PatSC23
i've yet to turn esp to sport or off - im not even sure I ever will

maybe after I take some driving school....
Dude, why the hell did you buy a 70k C63 if you can’t even drive it like it should be driven... Or even have the ***** to try...
Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 AM

Mitsubishi evo9
I don't agree with you guys...

Buying an expensive sports car doesn't mean you have to thrash it and turn ESP off.
You can enjoy the car as it is, and not turning it off doesn't mean your a pu$$y or anything..

it just means your sensible and responsible driver.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:36 AM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Edi-no-son
I don't agree with you guys...

Buying an expensive sports car doesn't mean you have to thrash it and turn ESP off.
You can enjoy the car as it is, and not turning it off doesn't mean your a pu$$y or anything..

it just means your sensible and responsible driver.
I don't think using the car for what it was designed to do is trashing it.

To me, it's like people that buy a Porsche or a Z06 but never go over 60 MPH - what a waste.

And so it goes with the C63 - if you don't push the limits... what a waste (in my opinion, of course)
Old 05-16-2009, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by DaGS1800
+1

You couldn’t have said it any better... How can you get the Performance Package and not even turn the dam ESP OFF or put it on Sport

Seriously, why did you even waste your money on a C63 then...

Dude, why the hell did you buy a 70k C63 if you can’t even drive it like it should be driven... Or even have the ***** to try...
i would expect nothing less! well to be honest where I live, in NJ rioght across from manhattan, there arent any places that are safe enough for me to test it out. Im not a pu$$y, but Im also not stupid. Im not about to wrap my car around a pole or hurt anyone else being careless. Like I said, once Im used to the car, find the right place to open it up to test out its capabilities, then Ill be comfortable taking ESP off. Im sure in the coming months as more guys get into C63's and start doing what they think they are capable of doing, you;re going to start hearing some horror stories and some bad pic of fukked up C63's...
Old 05-16-2009, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12 CLS63
Is there any way for the car to start in ESP Sport mode? It's annoying having to turn it off every time.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by ajag
Is there any way for the car to start in ESP Sport mode? It's annoying having to turn it off every time.
you just have to press a button :o
Old 05-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Mitsubishi evo9
Yeaa i was jus about to say... pressing a button can't be that hard lolz

Regarding the comment about not using the full potential of the car, getting caught for speeding, or wheel spinning, or doing burnout = lost of licence here in Australia.

Don't think its worth it to test out the full potential of the car unless its on the track or skidpan or private road.... :S

I agree with PatSC23... sooner or later there will be one unlucky fella and one unluckey c63 that'll be on the news
Old 05-16-2009, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Ditto, same here....."transferred Rob", tracking the C63 as I have done a few times now gives the confidence and know how of what the limits of my car are, so i hope to not make your wishes come true.
I did not wish a crash upon you my man...and I'm glad you've had some track time.

Danny Boy- I doubt you're Stirling Moss. Remember there are other people on the street who don't deserve to pay for your over-estimation of you "skillz"

Pat and Edi-no-son- thank god there's some sensible people in this section of the site

Last edited by transferred; 05-16-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by transferred
I did not wish a crash upon you my man...and I'm glad you've had some track time.

Danny Boy- I doubt you're Stirling Moss. Remember there are other people on the street who don't deserve to pay for your over-estimation of you "skillz"

Pat and Edi-no-son- thank god there's some sensible people in this section of the site
My skillz...right on, anyway I don't see anything dangerous about turing esp off or into sport and putting the throttle on the carpet. I feel like this is common sense stuff guys. The way i went about it was to drive roads that i was familiar with (that are a lot of canyons here in souther california) and each day on my route to run errands I would comfortably ease into understanding the limits of the car, taking turns a bit faster each day and understanding the beast (obviously not being stupid about it, not when there's people/cars around, wet surfaces ect) Don't see the big deal.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 AM

Mitsubishi evo9
My skillz...right on, anyway I don't see anything dangerous about turing esp off or into sport and putting the throttle on the carpet. I feel like this is common sense stuff guys. The way i went about it was to drive roads that i was familiar with (that are a lot of canyons here in souther california) and each day on my route to run errands I would comfortably ease into understanding the limits of the car, taking turns a bit faster each day and understanding the beast (obviously not being stupid about it, not when there's people/cars around, wet surfaces ect) Don't see the big deal.

If your confident about your driving and your car, congrats!

But i just find it a bit rude for others to call people that are not confident with their driving skills in a 6.3L v8, and pushing it to the limit a 'pu$$y'. (not referring to you directly Danny_Boy)

And also calling someone that buys a car and not using its full potential a 'waste'...
Not everyone buys a high power car just so they can use it to its full potential...it could be they admire it in other ways.

But to contradict myself, the reason why I drive an Evo is to push it to the limit to test the car's capability!!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 PM

nascar
me thinks you guys need to stop being so cool with this "esp off" ****. turning esp off doesn't mean you got a big ****, ok?

you boys aren't driving on the track, calm down.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by ECBAOBAO
me thinks you guys need to stop being so cool with this "esp off" ****. turning esp off doesn't mean you got a big ****, ok?

you boys aren't driving on the track, calm down.
Valid point however 98% of men that have a huge **** turn ESP off. Saw that in a car or a science magazine i think.....
Old 05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
Valid point however 98% of men that have a huge **** turn ESP off. Saw that in a car or a science magazine i think.....
But there's a big difference bet. Huge and Hard...is this huge n hard? j/k

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does your C63 buck like a raging bull due to ESP