Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Rock
Does anyone know the solution?
Ah, it's a chick car, who cares

But seriously, I think they are bolt-on's, so I'm sure your searching (on a non-C63 board) will uncover something.

FWIW, my Porsche TT OEM tips were ugly. Got a nice set of quad satin chrome tips from Fabspeed. Simple bolt-on procedure.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:31 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Dr. JOnes - Yes!
U remembered him Rock - good one.
I'm about to channel Dr. Jones - there's somebody on my kill stories thread that
Needs the Doctors medicine.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:26 PM

2009 C63 K1
I would get IS-C over IS-F especially for the wife.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:26 PM

'08 IS F; '09 ML 320 Bluetec; '10 X5 35d
Wow! So many misinformed and juvenile comments in a forum that is usually much more open minded and knowledgeable than this.

Originally Posted by joeljp
Top Gear didn't think too much of this ISF. They thought have 8 gears (I think) was way over the top and it just wasn't a good enough high end performance car, though not a bad first go by the house of Lexus.
You're kidding right? 8 is only 1 more than 7. The gas mileage that the 8th gear gets you is more than worth it. And no, the tranny doesn't "search" for gears. It is incredibly smooth in auto and easily as accurate as the C's in manual.

Originally Posted by 1st amg
If money is the biggest issue then go for it, it is substantially cheaper......for a reason. Cut the exhaust off and get something from TRD.
TRD doesn't make an exhaust currently for the F. The Joe Z is pretty sweet though.

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I think those things are *****e rock. 8-speed box only confuses itself.
Again, the 8 speed is fantastic and gets incredible gas mileage. To say that the F is ****e, is flat out ridiculous and screams badge *****.

Originally Posted by Bogie C63
Get the IS-F. My wife loves hers and it keeps her disinterested in my car (less wife wear and tear- nail scratches, stains, crumbs, foot prints, misplaced everything etc). Honestly, both are a very nice complements. I enjoy the nimble feel (compared to my PP and lightened C63) of her ISF and appreciate all the technological details, great service, and bullet proof reliability. The Merc’s steering wheel, seats, torque, name, and look are what really strike a cord with me though. Also, both cars produce amazing sounds in their own way. The C63 sounds great at all RPMS while the IS-F has a really mean/nasty growl when the 2nd intake kicks in at above 3600 rpms.

The best part of our day caravanning to work. I kid you not, it is usually a drivers race between the two cars (I have 3500ish miles and she has 18,000). I have no idea how the IS-F keeps up because the C63 feels like a monster in comparison.

If I could do it all again I might get an M3 instead of the IS-F, but everyone has one and I am sick of BMW’s crappy “you need me” service attitude. So it is up to you. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your choices. I hope that helps.

B

P.S. I wouldn’t get a black IS-F because you can’t appreciate the muscular lines. Black tends to look very similar to the base IS models. I personally love the Smokey Granite color (especially if you nickel pearl the emblems).
You are right, the C63 is easily the best sounding super sedan out there. While the F opens up after 3800 rpm's, the C scares the ****e out of you the moment you start it up. Both cars have their pluses and minuses, but the sound of the C63 is dead sexy!

SGM ftw! And yes it does look even better with the black pearl emblems. Don't ask me how I know.

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Good post. I also love driving off to work in the morning with my wife and the kids also heading off to school in the S4. It's like a mini-car meet.

As for the colour of the IS-F, I think that electric blue (not sure what the actual name is) is pretty nice...shows the lines of the car rather well.
Ultra Sonic Blue is the color....if you like that "hey look at me" color...lol.

J/k it does look fantastic....check out Cathafer's (modded and next to her matching Gallardo) in another thread on here.

Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Ah, it's a chick car, who cares

But seriously, I think they are bolt-on's, so I'm sure your searching (on a non-C63 board) will uncover something.

FWIW, my Porsche TT OEM tips were ugly. Got a nice set of quad satin chrome tips from Fabspeed. Simple bolt-on procedure.
LOL! Not sure how a +400 hp car that runs within tenths of a second of the mighty C63 in all categories is a "chick" car.

To the Rock, there are a few aftermarket exhausts available, but if you really want to mod the car there aren't that many options out there.

If the decision comes down to MSRP vs MSRP, it really comes down to personal preference. They are both great cars, as is the M3 or the RS4 (if it were still available). Each has there personal strengths and weaknesses as there is no perfect car out there.....as much as certain people seem to suggest.

At such a deep discount it sounds like a great deal.

I will state that I am no Lexus fanboy claiming my F is the best car out there (I did switch to Benz last month for our latest SUV...ML 320 Bluetec ). It does have a lot going for it, as do the other super sedans.

Feel free to flame away, as I know it's coming.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:57 PM

09' C63 AMG
It was only a matter of time before someone with a IS-f came on this thread crying...

First of all the IS-f is in LAST place by far when you put it up against the M3, C63, RS4, and even the CTS-V (EVEN THOUGH I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE LEXUS OVER THE CADDY)

It may not be a benchmark "chick car" but out of all of the cars I listed above... YES, it would be the "chick car"...

The 8speed tranny is completely ridiculous, and contradicts the point of a high performance car. These cars are not supposed to be ULTRA smooth with an 8 speed tranny... Maybe something like an S-class, but NOT these cars... Even the C63 kinda frustrates me a little bit with 7 gears but over time I got used to it and it’s not bad at all.... 8 gears is just pushing it, pointless, and must be a NIGHTMARE to drive in manual...
I personally think the IS-f doesn’t compare to the C63 in any category, some may say the interior is nicer, but I disagree b/c I think it is VERY tacky. The Navi is better though I must admit.
My friend cries every time I pull like 2-3 cars on him lol, he still thinks I have my ECU flashed (I DON’T)... This is a car someone settles for because they can’t afford the C63 in my opinion, or because they wanted to save some money while still having a high performance sedan. I DO like the IS-f so don’t go on bashing me, but you must admit it sits in last place out of all the super sedans, but a great bargain....
Old 06-06-2009, 12:16 AM

And I fully expected the biggest douche bag on this forum to come in and be a dick as usual.

Funny, I actually was going to mention you in the last post but knew you'd come in and show your true colors.

You have the greatest car in the world and we should all look at you as our hero!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:26 AM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
And I fully expected the biggest douche bag on this forum to come in and be a dick as usual.

Funny, I actually was going to mention you in the last post but knew you'd come in and show your true colors.

You have the greatest car in the world and we should all look at you as our hero!
hahaha exactly what did I say that makes a douche bag? or show my true colors... You are the immature one, and clearly have difficulty expressing yourself.... I’m sorry your car is inferior to ours, grow the F**K up and get over it.. You're the douche bag crying about your car...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 AM

09' C63 AMG
"Funny, I actually was going to mention you in the last post "

There was no post before on this thread, clearly you are delusional... THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, jacka$$....
Old 06-06-2009, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by DaGS1800
hahaha exactly what did I say that makes a douche bag? or show my true colors... You are the immature one, and clearly have difficulty expressing yourself.... I’m sorry your car is inferior to ours, grow the F**K up and get over it.. You're the douche bag crying about your car...
Where did I cry about my car?

I clarified some misconceptions about the F. I never stated it was better or superior to any other car, ever. We all make our choices for what suits us best.

I'm glad that you think that your car is the greatest thing on the road today. Clearly in your opinion it is. You've made that clear in multiple threads where there is any discussion on ANY other car out there.

To attempt to belittle any of the cars in this segment (M3, RS4, CTS-V, IS-F and C63) shows a lack of car knowledge as they are all fantastic vehicles. Most true car enthusiasts can appreciate and acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Ironically, I had tried to purchase a C63 twice, but MB couldn't meet the delivery deadline that I needed as I think it's a great car. I have no regrets on the F as, imo, it's a great balance between luxury and performance.

Btw, the couple tenths quicker in a straight line your car is will mean nothing on the track. With ANY of these cars it will come down to a drivers race. It will be a total crap shoot and come down to driver skill and experience...excluding the V (even a noob should still win in the V). Just because pro drivers can put up a certain number doesn't mean the majority of drivers can.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:41 AM

"Funny, I actually was going to mention you in the last post "

There was no post before on this thread, clearly you are delusional... THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, jacka$$....
Learn to read retard!

I was referring to my post....and the fact that I knew you would be the azzhat that would start the flaming.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:48 AM

My apologies to all other members on mbworld for these posts. Generally, I have a huge amount of respect for the members here and appreciate the many fantastic vehicles that MB produces....I even bought one...lol.

The intent wasn't to argue which car is better....that's for each of us to decide for ourselves, for our own reasons.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
seems like a real good deal
Old 06-06-2009, 01:45 AM

09' C63 AMG
Learn to read retard!

I was referring to my post....and the fact that I knew you would be the azzhat that would start the flaming.
Ok im the retard... uhuh , you are having trouble understanding again... Let me help and explain further what I meant...

How could or why would you mention me in your first post if I did not post on this thread before your first post... That makes absolutely no sense unless you just have happened to be thinking about me anyway... haha

Why are you snooping around the C63 forum anyway if you drive an IS-f?? Wish you had the C63? I doubt you find any C63 drivers without an IS-f posting on the Lexus forums... get a life bro...
Old 06-06-2009, 01:53 AM

Ok im the retard... uhuh , you are having trouble understanding again... Let me help and explain further what I meant...

How could or why would you mention me in your first post if I did not post on this thread before your first post... That makes absolutely no sense unless you just have happened to be thinking about me anyway... haha

Why are you snooping around the C63 forum anyway if you drive an IS-f?? Wish you had the C63? I doubt you find any C63 drivers without an IS-f posting on the Lexus forums... get a life bro...
Like I said, because I've seen your posts in other threads regarding other vehicles, I knew that this would be your reaction.

And actually you're completely wrong. There are tons of Benz owners that participate in the Lexus forum....where people are allowed to discuss other brands of cars without getting flamed.

I'm not snooping around anything. I looked hard at a C63 and chose otherwise, but I do own an ML and generally enjoy this forum save for the crap you provide.

I'm shocked you actually don't drive an M3 as you seem much more suited to the BMW forums.

Guess you shouldn't look at any of the other AMG forums since you don't own those cars ?
Old 06-06-2009, 02:08 AM

09' C63 AMG
I'm shocked you actually don't drive an M3 as you seem much more suited to the BMW forums.
haha this is such a classic line... you really are a Jacka$$

Incase you forgot. You’re the one doing the flaming... In my first post I simply stated how pointless an 8speed tranny is in high performance car like ours, and when you compare the IS-f to all of the other high performance sedans the IS-f was inferior... and what happened? you began the flaming and opening your mouth talking all this crap to me, when I didn’t really even mention you in the first place... Grow up and let it go, you already apologized for your stupidity no need to continue, you seem to be extremely sensitive about your car, Ill try and just say good stuff about the IS-f from now on, I hope it make you feel better...
Old 06-06-2009, 02:17 AM

haha this is such a classic line... you really are a Jacka$$

Incase you forgot. You’re the one doing the flaming... In my first post I simply stated how pointless an 8speed tranny is in high performance car like ours, and when you compare the IS-f to all of the other high performance sedans the IS-f was inferior... and what happened? you began the flaming and opening your mouth talking all this crap to me, when I didn’t really even mention you in the first place... Grow up and let it go, you already apologized for your stupidity no need to continue, you seem to be extremely sensitive about your car, Ill try and just say good stuff about the IS-f from now on, I hope it make you feel better...
You're hilarious.

In any discussion about any other car, you are always the one person on this forum guaranteed to come out and proclaim your car the greatest thing ever made.

I really don't give a rat's azz what you think about the F or any other car for that matter. I love the C63 and all of the other super sedans and made a choice that I am comfortable with. To sit here and try to degrade a competitor is weak. I'll wait for the vid of you showing the superiority of your car on the track.

I don't define myself by the vehicles I drive, as you so clearly appear to do. It's a fun piece of metal that gets me from point a to point b....sometimes quicker than others.

I apologized for engaging a douche bag to the other members, not for any of the content.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
I think it's a fact that everyone expects Dags to post his asinine comments. Exactly why CDN knew in advance. You take the cake on this subforum's biggest douche bag award.

I may be willing to say 400 out of 500 of your posts would fulfill the criteria to win such an award.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by GENTANI
I think it's a fact that everyone expects Dags to post his asinine comments. Exactly why CDN knew in advance. You take the cake on this subforum's biggest douche bag award.

I may be willing to say 400 out of 500 of your posts would fulfill the criteria to win such an award.
And I accept the fact too.

There are far more members that are true car enthusiasts that have a wealth of automotive knowledge to share.....which anyone can appreciate.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Wow, some of you guys are pretty angry and I like that.

I posted my potential purchase question here as opposed to on Club Lexus because I already knew what their answer would be. I figured a lot of you guys may have cross-shopped the Lexus and could give me a little insight as to why you decided on a different car.

I did have to laugh at the poster who said those that get the ISF do so because they cannot afford a C63. From every review I've read the C63, ISF, M3 and RS4 are all tremendous performers and similarly priced when new, although the RS4 "was" the most expensive (I think I have one of those). Many here have multiple performance cars and like having vehicles from different manufacturers. But I won't lie..... If I can save 10-20 grand and still get a remarkable ride, I'm in!!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Hey guys. I need your opinions. It's time to get the wife a new car as she just turned in her IS350 (she loved it). I was looking at a new E92 M3 or C63 for her and was not even considering another Lexus.

As I started to search for the new ride I came across some new loaded 2008 ISFs for $49,000.00 ($62,000 window sticker). I hate to say it, but undercutting the BMW and AMG by $10-20k is really making me consider one of these.......... despite the worlds worst appearing exhaust.

What do ya think?

For 50K, you can buy a lot of cars. If you already have an E class or C63, seems like the ISF would be a redundant car. Would be fun to drive, but wouldn't be that much different than a C63.

I agree with another poster, why not the IS-C? Or a 2 door M3 with manual tranny? Something different from what you already have. Or X6-M (not sure what they are calling that) if you need a SUV/crossover type car. Or GLK, or Q5.

Back in December when I bought my C63, I looked at some IS-F's in that same price range. Brand new 2008's they were trying to unload. I bet you could get even lower than 49k. I almost pulled the trigger on a "show" car that had everything including the laser pre-crash warning system and laser cruise control. And it was still only 54K. But I chose the C for a number of reasons and could not be happier.

Good luck with your decision. Sounds like your wife is easy to please. Be thankful for that!! Others can be.....
Old 06-06-2009, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
Rock, get her a GT-R...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Fikse
Rock, get her a GT-R...
Hehe....don't think I haven't thought about that one but even she would see through that............. "Oh Honey, I just purchased you a candy-apple red, Cobb tuned GTR with 20 inch staggered BBS LMs that will blister the 1/4 mile in 11sec. flat.......and don't worry, you'll blend in fine with all of your Accord driving friends."
Old 06-06-2009, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Hehe....don't think I haven't thought about that one but even she would see through that............. "Oh Honey, I just purchased you a candy-apple red, Cobb tuned GTR with 20 inch staggered BBS LMs that will blister the 1/4 mile in 11sec. flat.......and don't worry, you'll blend in fine with all of your Accord driving friends."
That's so obvious it just might work.

You know the old saying: "bull**** baffles brains".
Old 06-06-2009, 01:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by GENTANI

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed this. 90% of his post are plain out confrontational.

https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=4362091

That link should be enough proof.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
goes fine with the accord, it's a "Nissan".... silver or white might be a little less "flashy"....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lexus ISF For The Wife