My C63's big brother has been ordered!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
This is an example of why I'd hate to get a Porsche. Everything is a freaking option!
Life is about options too.

Congrats marvelous car.

Last edited by tanktube67; 06-07-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Dan,

Congrats and enjoy your new ride, taking Euro delivery should be awesome. Make sure you wanna keep her for awhile as Porsches will depreciate VERY QUICKLY. I optioned a Cayenne Turbo to the gills and it depreciated close to 50% in less than a year. Those options look nice but have a big down side.

Not a hater just wanna share my experience. It took three different dealers to convince me I wasn't being jerked around when I was ready to get rid of it. It was a BLAST to drive but boy was I shocked I took that big of a hit.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by jtdominate
Dan,

Congrats and enjoy your new ride, taking Euro delivery should be awesome. Make sure you wanna keep her for awhile as Porsches will depreciate VERY QUICKLY. I optioned a Cayenne Turbo to the gills and it depreciated close to 50% in less than a year. Those options look nice but have a big down side.

Not a hater just wanna share my experience. It took three different dealers to convince me I wasn't being jerked around when I was ready to get rid of it. It was a BLAST to drive but boy was I shocked I took that big of a hit.
That's why my AMG was 5 years old when I bought it. The magic of depreciation lets even cheap SOBs like me join the ranks of the elite here on MBWorld!

In a couple of years maybe I'll be eyeballing your old Cayenne, or in a few more the OP's GT3

Speaking of GT3s, I saw one in a mall parking lot, parked front row not out in the boonies (brave soul) and showed it to my 4 year old boy. He LOVED it (so did I ), and made me drive by it 3 more times. I love my son!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 05:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Wow, that's a big list of options, congrats on the car, sounds like it will be exactly what you want and worth waiting for. Was there a waiting list? When we got our 2007 we were fortunate to get an allocation and we got on the list early. I'm thinking things have changed a bit, although the GT3 just gets better and better. The new one sounds like it will be an amazing car! You are going to love it. It's the best car I have ever driven. At its base price, I really think it is a bargain. The GT3 and C63 shack up together nicely.

When are you doing your ED?
Any reason you didn't get the new-fangled motor mount shocks (forgot what they're called) and system to raise and lower the car for steep driveways? Cool innovations from Porsche.

Here's our bare-bones "track spec" 2007 997 GT3.... looks cheap in comparison eh?

Old 06-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Almost a Member!

C63
I am jealous but congratz
Old 06-11-2009, 04:21 PM

wow, what a sensitive bunch. Dan, congrats on a cool new ride. What color is the exterior? Paint to sample is hot.

Don't let some uptight dudes get you down. Try 6speedonline or Luxury4play if the haters persist.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by jtdominate
Dan,

I think that C-TT does depreciate a bit faster than GT3/RS/GT2 etc. There is still some, but its not too bad. Not like what my friends and I refer to as "AIDS" (AMG inexplicable depreciation syndrome)...
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck

Hans, you should photoshop that no parking street sign growing out of the roof of your P-car on the PCH. Otherwise nice pic.

OT, my 993 sold for $79k in 1996 and a little over a year ago I could have sold it for $60k. Certain out-of-production cars hold value pretty well, including some older MBs.

Last edited by 220S; 06-11-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Wow, that's a big list of options, congrats on the car, sounds like it will be exactly what you want and worth waiting for. Was there a waiting list? When we got our 2007 we were fortunate to get an allocation and we got on the list early. I'm thinking things have changed a bit, although the GT3 just gets better and better. The new one sounds like it will be an amazing car! You are going to love it. It's the best car I have ever driven. At its base price, I really think it is a bargain. The GT3 and C63 shack up together nicely.

When are you doing your ED?
Any reason you didn't get the new-fangled motor mount shocks (forgot what they're called) and system to raise and lower the car for steep driveways? Cool innovations from Porsche.

Here's our bare-bones "track spec" 2007 997 GT3.... looks cheap in comparison eh?

No waiting list, at least for me. Porsche NA has their HQ here in ATL, so I managed to find someone who happens to work at HQ and gave me all the timings for NA ordering. Mine was the first order Porsche got for the GT3 in NA. Its amazing what dinner and some scotch can do for ya and I've been working it out for months. Damn dealer didn't even have the options list yet or ordering codes, and I came walking in with it. They verified, and submitted the order to Porsche.

Time to delivery is another issue. Talking somewhere in Sept-Dec if all goes well. I just need two weeks notice to schedule time off work so I'm good for whenever they want to give me a actualy delivery day.

Didn't order the motorized shocks because they are now standard for U.S. because us "fooking merican's can't park your car in your driveway without them" per my friend at PNA. lol

I decided to deck out the car to the max and get it the exact way I wanted because she's gonna be a long time keeper. This is my first car "approaching" super-car territory at least in respects to pricing. I was contemplating a used Gallardo since I could get a pretty nice one for the same price, but its just not the same. I miss my GT3, and it was that car was the most fun I've ever had to and from work. My first choice was GT3, and if I couldn't pull off getting a new one at or under sticker, I was going to custom order a RUF turbo and have it done by Ruf in Germany. I wanted something kind of unique and wanted do the Euro delivery no matter what for vacation. Can't wait to open her up and see what she can do. Gallardo is a fun car, but its too much VW and not enough Lambo in my eyes. I'd rather wait until I can afford an LP and do a custom build on one of those too.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:02 PM

06 BMW M roadster
First: Your car is going to be hot like fire!!! Congrats and enjoy!!!!!
Second: I've seen Porsche option lists before but it still boggles the mind.. Wow is all I can say... The custom color.. Red PCCBs .. Leather everywhere.. Etc. Etc...Wow again!
Third: You need to upgrade the wife now... Her MDX that is
Old 06-12-2009, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Yardspeed
Third: You need to upgrade the wife now... Her MDX that is

Hell no! My kids destroy cars. Her MDX is like a year old, and looks like its been driven thru a war zone. Door dings everywhere, interior has kool-aide stains from the kids, etc.

She gets nothing real nice until the kids go to college.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by 220S
Hans, you should photoshop that no parking street sign growing out of the roof of your P-car on the PCH. Otherwise nice pic.

OT, my 993 sold for $79k in 1996 and a little over a year ago I could have sold it for $60k. Certain out-of-production cars hold value pretty well, including some older MBs.
Yeah, I need to work on my photoshopping and photography skills!
The 993 looks like it will be a real classic. I think it is the best-looking Porsche ever made (call me weird then!) Do you miss yours and would you buy another? What model was it?

Originally Posted by dan30252
No waiting list, at least for me. Porsche NA has their HQ here in ATL, so I managed to find someone who happens to work at HQ and gave me all the timings for NA ordering. Mine was the first order Porsche got for the GT3 in NA. Its amazing what dinner and some scotch can do for ya and I've been working it out for months. Damn dealer didn't even have the options list yet or ordering codes, and I came walking in with it. They verified, and submitted the order to Porsche.

Time to delivery is another issue. Talking somewhere in Sept-Dec if all goes well. I just need two weeks notice to schedule time off work so I'm good for whenever they want to give me a actualy delivery day.

Didn't order the motorized shocks because they are now standard for U.S. because us "fooking merican's can't park your car in your driveway without them" per my friend at PNA. lol

I decided to deck out the car to the max and get it the exact way I wanted because she's gonna be a long time keeper. This is my first car "approaching" super-car territory at least in respects to pricing. I was contemplating a used Gallardo since I could get a pretty nice one for the same price, but its just not the same. I miss my GT3, and it was that car was the most fun I've ever had to and from work. My first choice was GT3, and if I couldn't pull off getting a new one at or under sticker, I was going to custom order a RUF turbo and have it done by Ruf in Germany. I wanted something kind of unique and wanted do the Euro delivery no matter what for vacation. Can't wait to open her up and see what she can do. Gallardo is a fun car, but its too much VW and not enough Lambo in my eyes. I'd rather wait until I can afford an LP and do a custom build on one of those too.
Dan, what a dream come true. And -- the first order in the US -- SWEET!! Congrats again. We will be in Stuttgart on Sept 6-7th and plan to tour the Porsche museum, as well as the AMG "factory" (or whatever we can see) before heading to Monza (via Stelvio of course!) for the Italian GP -- That would be cool if our trips coincided. You'll let me drive your new GT3, if I let you drive my ED 135i, right? j/k

I've never driven a Gallardo but one can definitely see the VAG influence in the interior. Maybe it's a good thing, or maybe it just makes it less Italian. I think you should go F-car next! Maybe when the kiddies are grown.

Cheers!
Old 06-13-2009, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Yeah, I need to work on my photoshopping and photography skills!
The 993 looks like it will be a real classic. I think it is the best-looking Porsche ever made (call me weird then!) Do you miss yours and would you buy another? What model was it?
The shot is good, just use the healing brush or clone tool and erase the sprouting street sign.

I still have it (the 993)... it's a fat *** version: C2S. Not nearly as quick as the current models but way better built. It's a shame Porsche consulted with Toyota and began to mass produce these cars. But, hey, they need to make a profit, so it's understandable in this day and age. But there's such a huge difference in workmanship and build quality. If I were to get a current version, I'd get a GT. At least the build is closer to what a P-car was and should be.