Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CHK engine light, related to oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009 | 08:13 PM

11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
CHK engine light, related to oil

Hey fellas...I have been using my car as my daily driver this week and I got the check oil notification..usually I let that happen a couple times before I get a quart...this time..i got the notification a couple times this week and the chk engine light went on..car felt fine driving home...dumped another quart in it and drove it around..light still on...should i wait till later tonight to see if light is off? or do i have to bring to dealer to clear it...

i hate going to the dealer.
Old 06-13-2009 | 01:49 AM

C63
We might have a reset button but I doubt it. #1) I would never let the oil get so low that a light comes on before I topped it up, and #2) I wouldnt trust an electronic system over a dipstick anyway. First thing to do is make sure the oil is at the correct level using the dipstick. Its the only accurate way to see your level and monitor your consumption. If oil level is topped up and we dont have a reset button then its off the dealer at your leisure.
Old 06-13-2009 | 09:38 AM

11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
yeah i know..i have had this car for about a yr and it always hits me around 1500 miles for a qrt of oil... I don't think there is a reset button at all.