Sponsored by:

Premium PKG in Canada?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK280(Gone), C63, CLK550
Premium PKG in Canada?

Anyone else have the premium pkg in Canada? (I think most do).

Do you guys have the 3-zone Thermotronic Climate control ? The Brochure says the premium pkg has this, but my car only has the regular 2-zone Thermatic??!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 PM

2009 C63
I have the premium package and my car was built Apr 09. They took out the 3 zone for orders starting somewhere in Jan 09 and instead put in the proximity sensors and the 3 wires for ipods, usb and aux.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 PM

Ah that would explain it. I do have the Parktronic + 3 wires.

Another question, have you tried using the USB wire? The device seems to be powered on even when the car is off. Is there a way to shut it off without unplugging?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 AM

2009 C63
Almost forgot.. congrats on your new car!

I have been using the usb ever since i got the car but I did not check whether is it powered on or off. I plugged in a kingston usb stick and left it in the glove box. Lemme take a look tomorrow and see. It may be hard since the usb stick doesn't flash when it is not reading.

Also, do u find the car to be lacking in storage space? LOL I still hve not figured out where to keep the following properly:
- coins
- shades
- easy pay for shell
Old 06-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Almost a Member!

Saab 95
put the easy pay from shell on your keychain...
Old 06-30-2009, 02:01 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by Exia
Almost forgot.. congrats on your new car!

I have been using the usb ever since i got the car but I did not check whether is it powered on or off. I plugged in a kingston usb stick and left it in the glove box. Lemme take a look tomorrow and see. It may be hard since the usb stick doesn't flash when it is not reading.

Also, do u find the car to be lacking in storage space? LOL I still hve not figured out where to keep the following properly:
- coins
- shades
- easy pay for shell
You mean you don't feed your baby 94 Octane from Sunoco?!?!?!?!?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 AM

2009 C63
LOL the easy pay is too ugly to make its way onto my keys

Has anyone compared using 94 and 91 on this car? I didn't feel anything on my X3, but yeah.. that was only a X3 afterall.. LOL
Old 06-30-2009, 11:40 AM

Thanks!! I am still in my break in period, it is so tempting to just free all the ponies trapped in the engine

On my SLK, I get 20% more fuel economy switching from Sunoco 94 to Shell VPower (range increased from 450km to 530km). This was due to the fact that ethanol while boosting octane, actually has less energy. I am not sure if this 63 engine will behave the same way, I only tried putting in VPower from day 1.

Yes I have a Kingston USB stick plugged in as well, and it is freaking HOT because it is powered-on all the time.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
I would run the 94 only in the 63's. The car requires 94, this will not only get you more power and better fuel economy, but it will keep the engine cleaner. These engins are designed to combust with the 94. When you put a lower grade in, the gas will egnite at a lower temp before the piston is all the way at it top point. The piston is not ready for the explosion of fuel. When that happens it means the piston is still on its way up and the explosion has already happened but the piston still has to come up even more. Now you are just damaging the piston head and will over time start to carve a dent at the head of the piston. Now if the piston has been damaged, even if you switch back over to 94, the power and feul economy can never be the same.

I wouldnt freak out if you have put one or two tanks of the 91, but stop doing it right away.

Oh and sorry to be off topic. I see you already have your answer about the Premium Package.

Last edited by 451/443=EW; 06-30-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:58 AM

Check the Ethanol content of Sunoco 94. I don't think these engines were meant to burn that much Ethanol either. Let me try to get an answer from some engineers.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
I would run the 94 only in the 63's. The car requires 94, this will not only get you more power and better fuel economy, but it will keep the engine cleaner. These engins are designed to combust with the 94. When you put a lower grade in, the gas will egnite at a lower temp before the piston is all the way at it top point. The piston is not ready for the explosion of fuel. When that happens it means the piston is still on its way up and the explosion has already happened but the piston still has to come up even more. Now you are just damaging the piston head and will over time start to carve a dent at the head of the piston. Now if the piston has been damaged, even if you switch back over to 94, the power and feul economy can never be the same.

I wouldnt freak out if you have put one or two tanks of the 91, but stop doing it right away.

Oh and sorry to be off topic. I see you already have your answer about the Premium Package.
Good description but a moot point since ECU's and knock sensors were introduced. You can put 87 in it if you want, it'll just sense it and pull timing to compensate. Not recommended, but you can.