Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modern Horsepower mods feedback?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2009 | 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Modern Horsepower mods feedback?

Searched but can't find anything. I can't imagine they're not on here but can't find them.
Old 07-02-2009 | 05:05 PM

2008 Obsidian Black C63
They currently have the quickest C63 in the world. I plan on doing my mods with them.
Old 07-02-2009 | 05:07 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Search for posts on and by MHP or YNOT600 both of which have been banned.
Old 07-02-2009 | 07:31 PM

c63 amg
I just sent my ECU to MHP for the v3 tuning. I'll get it back this weekend and I'll let you know my impressions... I'll be driving the car this sunday with the new tune.

Paul
Old 07-02-2009 | 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bustopoo
I just sent my ECU to MHP for the v3 tuning. I'll get it back this weekend and I'll let you know my impressions... I'll be driving the car this sunday with the new tune.

Paul
Did you do a before dyno to allow for an after on the same machine?
Old 07-02-2009 | 08:13 PM

09 C63
yeah im leaning towards doing mine with these guys too. this sounds really good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F65RjCSLVME
Old 07-02-2009 | 10:43 PM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Did you do a before dyno to allow for an after on the same machine?
I recently had the MHP V3 ECU/TCU done on my car, and have thus far put around 350 mi on it. I did not do a before dyno in part because of laziness, but also because it seems dyno sheets just lead to more questions haha.

But I did get in 3 1/4 mi runs when my C63 was stock, so once I am able to get out to the track I'll be able to compare those times with the new tune.

I know simply giving my impressions without numbers doesn't really say much, but as I said in an earlier post after getting the ECU/TCU tune and CF airbox, I am able to break the tires loose at 60 mph. I can no doubt feel the extra power, and the car now does feel faster than my stock E55, which before the tune was the other way around.

I am also on the list for the LT headers from MHP which I'll have put on later this month I'm hoping. So by the time I get out to the track it will be with the headers as well. I may be optimistic, but I'm hoping for a 120+ trap with all these mods, which would be about a 9 mph improvement over my stock runs. As for the E.T., well that will just depend on how well I can launch

Last edited by nrgy; 07-02-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Duplicate Quotes
Old 07-02-2009 | 10:52 PM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Check with this guy about his headers.
They were coming in 2 weeks ... on May 5th.

If he doesn't have them yet, do they qualify as vaporware?
Or is that only software?

In retrospect, I should have waited until I had the headers in hand before posting about them I did receive the ECU/TCU tune very quickly though. I sent it out Monday afternoon and got it back at my door Thursday morning. And in fairness to MHP, they have been very good with giving me updates on the headers. I have been fairly busy with other things so that helps keep my mind distracted as well. I'll just cut and paste an excerpt from an email he sent me on Monday.

"Right side headers 100% done, 3" mids bent and end formed, Left side headers 80% finished, 02 bungs welded (inc extra for DB A/F meter, comes with plugs if you don't run one), clamps in stock. There are two very tight bends on two of the primaries that require extra TLC when welding--on the left hand side. That's the only hold up at this point."

Sooo, I really hope they aren't vaporware
Old 07-02-2009 | 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Search for posts on and by MHP or YNOT600 both of which have been banned.
MHP. lol....what a joke
Old 07-04-2009 | 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by nrgy
In retrospect, I should have waited until I had the headers in hand before posting about them .....

Sooo, I really hope they aren't vaporware
nrgy, I really hope you get them soon AND that they produce as advertised.
You made no mistake in posting about them, especially when the #1 in the company told you they were coming ... soon.

He made the mistake of not delivering to his customer as he promised.

The question occurs to me, "Is that a company that I want to do business with?"
Old 07-04-2009 | 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks Metroplex (DFW for you non-Texans) and others, questions answered.
Old 07-04-2009 | 09:27 PM

2008 MB S63
Gave MHP a shot to tune my M6 and S63.. M6 ended up running QUICKEST AND FASTEST NON NITROUS M6 on the quarter... Great tuning company IMO
Old 07-04-2009 | 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by RD09AMG
... Also to the person posting about someone having to wait for their headers...
That would be me.
MHP was very upfront about the lead time on them
The customer who I linked to didn't seem to think so, did he?

Anyway, not to rant or hate as others in this thread have, but to each his own. ....
No, you take that to the public message board.
Allow me to paraphrase my response, please contact me again when you grow up.
Old 07-04-2009 | 10:49 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Is there a problem with new members sharing their personal experiences or clicking on certain threads?
Only when they hide their IP on purpose; i.e every post in this thread appears from a different IP in a different part of the world. Thats what makes it suspicious. Especially when one looks at the previously posted behavior of the tuner in question as well as his employees.
Old 07-04-2009 | 11:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
A while back before AMS was a sponsor I talked about them developing a throttle body. That thread got closed. The people that know me, know I have no biz relations with AMS. Still that thread was closed.

So why is this thread open? Any promotion of products by a non-sponsor is a violation of the TOU.

Take it from me I know exactly what it cost to make headers. MHP's price for non catted headers is one of the biggest ripoffs we have seen here on MBW. MHP is set to make thousands of dollars off the sale of a set of headers and there is not even a trace of 321 stainless steel in them!

If you feel like giving a person the allegedly ripped off many members and threaten to send people out to beat up members thousands of dollars, then by all means buy MHP's products. Just note: You are taking on some risk

MHP is not only banned from MBW but other sites too.. Like Culblexus. To get banned from MBW and other IB sites you have got to have done something really bad.
Old 07-04-2009 | 11:31 PM

none
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Only when they hide their IP on purpose; i.e every post in this thread appears from a different IP in a different part of the world. Thats what makes it suspicious. Especially when one looks at the previously posted behavior of the tuner in question as well as his employees.
Old 07-05-2009 | 01:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Another little note about MHP. MHP had this tuner who was doing the tunes on these cars that Andy claimed no one else could do: ECU/TCU tuning from the ECU.

Now they have a new tuner the writes the tunes now. Miraculously this "NEW" tuner guy they are using can do the same thing. TCU tuning from the ECU. MHP has stated many times "No one can do what he can do" How is it now this "NEW" tuner can do the same thing? So how is it the new guy can just like the old tuner?

Its simple People have to be blind to not see the scam going on here.

I think MHP should stop saying "No one can do what MHP does." They should just state the truth and say "No one is shady enough to do what MHP does"
Old 07-05-2009 | 08:38 PM

2010 Arctic White AMG C63
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Another little note about MHP. MHP had this tuner who was doing the tunes on these cars that Andy claimed no one else could do: ECU/TCU tuning from the ECU.

Now they have a new tuner the writes the tunes now. Miraculously this "NEW" tuner guy they are using can do the same thing. TCU tuning from the ECU. MHP has stated many times "No one can do what he can do" How is it now this "NEW" tuner can do the same thing? So how is it the new guy can just like the old tuner?

Its simple People have to be blind to not see the scam going on here.

I think MHP should stop saying "No one can do what MHP does." They should just state the truth and say "No one is shady enough to do what MHP does"
Then why hasn't any other aftermarket tuning company been able to tune the TCU? There have been MANY people with their ECU/TCU tune that have said shift times are NOTICEABLY faster than stock.

Either they haven't changed tuners, which could very well be the case, or the "new" tuner is equally as skilled as the old one, OR they just showed the "new" tuner a copy of the old tuner's tune and he duplicated it. Just because one person has done something fantastic doesn't mean another person can't do the same thing. Either way though, if what they have done is so easy then why haven't other tuners done the same thing? It can work both ways there, either what MHP is doing is a scam, or they know something that others don't. I just find it hard to believe that a number of people have all said they notice a difference in shift times over stock or another tune, and MHP isn't doing something different from everyone else...

I'm not sticking up for them in any way, in fact I'm probably going to go with the K2 tune from Kleemann.

Mike
Old 07-05-2009 | 10:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by CRAZYC63
Then why hasn't any other aftermarket tuning company been able to tune the TCU? There have been MANY people with their ECU/TCU tune that have said shift times are NOTICEABLY faster than stock.

Either they haven't changed tuners, which could very well be the case, or the "new" tuner is equally as skilled as the old one, OR they just showed the "new" tuner a copy of the old tuner's tune and he duplicated it. Just because one person has done something fantastic doesn't mean another person can't do the same thing. Either way though, if what they have done is so easy then why haven't other tuners done the same thing? It can work both ways there, either what MHP is doing is a scam, or they know something that others don't. I just find it hard to believe that a number of people have all said they notice a difference in shift times over stock or another tune, and MHP isn't doing something different from everyone else...

I'm not sticking up for them in any way, in fact I'm probably going to go with the K2 tune from Kleemann.

Mike
There is some slight things you can do when it comes to the ECU in relation to shifting. All the other tuners basically do it already and in some cases its a byproduct of ECU tuning.

I have about 7 tunes I can run at the moment all have different shift carictoristics over a stock tune and some of my milder tunes. MHP seems to call that TCU tuning when other companies like RENNtech, Kleemann and so on, do no.

A real TCU tune involves adjusting line pressure from the TCU for nice quick snappy shifts. MHP claims the TCU can be tuned from the ECU. Just because shift point may change and you pic up redline rpms does not constitute a TCU tune.

There was a post a while back from a very well known and respected tuner that basically exposed the scam. I will see if i can find it.
Old 07-05-2009 | 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Do you believe in Karma DFW?
No I don't.
The internet is what it is because of people like you. Take it fwiw.
Wow! You're hanging a heavy yoke on me!
  • I've never toasted a customer's ECU and had to replace it (them).
  • I've never lied about shipping an ECU when it didn't get shipped.
  • I've never promised to tune a TCU through an ECU and accepted money for it.
  • I've never stolen IP from a competitor.
  • I've never threatened a baseless lawsuit against another board member just to intimidate them.
  • I've never publicly promised a refund to a customer and then failed to deliver.
  • I've never phonied up names or internet addresses to support my claims.

Can you say the same?

Karma, huh?
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:31 AM

'12 CTS-V
Note to self: don't **** off DFW.

And amdeutsch, I know this is totally OT, but where is that pic in ur sig from? Looks like quite a sci-fi piece...
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:30 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by blownS
Note to self: don't **** off DFW.

And amdeutsch, I know this is totally OT, but where is that pic in ur sig from? Looks like quite a sci-fi piece...
Its from a series called Perry Rhodan.
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
There is some slight things you can do when it comes to the ECU in relation to shifting. All the other tuners basically do it already and in some cases its a byproduct of ECU tuning.

I have about 7 tunes I can run at the moment all have different shift carictoristics over a stock tune and some of my milder tunes. MHP seems to call that TCU tuning when other companies like RENNtech, Kleemann and so on, do no.

A real TCU tune involves adjusting line pressure from the TCU for nice quick snappy shifts. MHP claims the TCU can be tuned from the ECU. Just because shift point may change and you pic up redline rpms does not constitute a TCU tune.

There was a post a while back from a very well known and respected tuner that basically exposed the scam. I will see if i can find it.
Why is it that u always Have something BAD to say about MHP?
Ifu Speak to Andy he tells u What u gettig And he delivers it
. Not like other tuners claim and never back up what they claim. Tonight I will post a vid of my car shifing and ect.

Last edited by mthis; 07-06-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-07-2009 | 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
agreed.

Originally Posted by mthis
Why is it that u always Have something BAD to say about MHP?
Ifu Speak to Andy he tells u What u gettig And he delivers it
. Not like other tuners claim and never back up what they claim. Tonight I will post a vid of my car shifing and ect.
Hooley knows what he is talking about. and if you knew if you were underground (though this MHP thing is well known and not only underground) you would know he is correct. i cant begin to say what i've had PM'ed to me about MHP.....

i'm with Hooley on this one.

as far as i'm concerned and with what i've heard, MHP can
Old 07-07-2009 | 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by jturkel
agreed.

Hooley knows what he is talking about. and if you knew if you were underground (though this MHP thing is well known and not only underground) you would know he is correct. i cant begin to say what i've had PM'ed to me about MHP.....

i'm with Hooley on this one.

as far as i'm concerned and with what i've heard, MHP can

i dont wanna get into a pis match here, maybe he knows his stuff but i can tell you that andy and MHP do what they say, he toled me what i was getting when i sent him my ecu and in return i got what he said nothing more nothing less. heres a clip that does what he said it would do improve shift time and raise rpm and more powe ect...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDIMfrmsqU8
now if you call that a tcu tune or not i dont realy care as long as i got what he said im getting.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modern Horsepower mods feedback?