Dealer drilled holes in my new car!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i, Ducati 996, Mercedes C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
Post pics once it is done.
Once the "plastic surgery" is complete I'll post the before and afters.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by moparrbust
NEVER go to or use a mobile bumper repair guy...........or anybody that wants to paint your bumper on the car. I wouldn't even do that to a Hyundai. You paid the cash for a M-B, pay the cash to have it repaired properly by someone that knows what they're doing.
Here is a recent example (not my car) why Mopparbust and I do not recommend going to a mobile bumper repair person. Granted, not every job turns out this bad. The sub-surface was not properly prepped and the paint simply "lifted."

Attached Thumbnails Dealer drilled holes in my new car!!!-mobile-bumper-repair.jpg  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Arctic White PP
Originally Posted by desmo996
Just received my new C63 purchased out of state from a CA dealer and was pissed to find out the dealer mounted a front plate holder leaving 4 drilled holes in my brand new car's bumper!

In Vegas a front plate is not required so I don't want this ugly black plastic holder hanging there in the front.

What's the best way to fix these holes? I know of bumperplugs.com but 4 holes filled with plugs might look kind of crappy too. I am afraid to find out what a body shop would charge a C63 owner to fill and repaint these holes since they'd probably say the entire bumper needs to be repainted to match the paint. Anyone ever go this route? Is it an easier repair than I think it is?

The only other option I can think of is to get a Euro-style front plate with a Euro vanity license just for the imported look. It would probably be cheaper than a repair job.

I bought my car in New Jersey to register in New york where a front plate is required but i didnt let them install the bracket. they didnt even question it. i drive around without a front plate. they stopped me like 2 times for it. all i say is that im waiting on the bracket from the dealer thats it. i dont want to mess up my bumper because when i decide to sell it i dont know who will purchase it and from what state.