Sponsored by:

PP owners Attn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
PP owners Attn

Do any of you have your window sticker handy? I can t find mine (****). Can you see if there is any mention of a complementary LSD fluid change on it somewhere? The dealers are totally clueless and want to foot me the bill (surprise surprise) yet the AMG private lounge team is pretty clear that it os warranty work.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2009, 08:16 AM

Lotus 7 S4, 09 C63 Palladium with Black leather interior
I am in Australia and I got a complimentary LSD oil change at 3000kms. I had to advise the dealer of this as they were unaware of the 3000km oil change. But there was no problem.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I got one and I don't even have the PP, haha! So you should certainly get one GRATIS!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 AMG
I am in south Africa, sticker did not say complimentary but rather
that a diff oil change was required @ 3000 kms.

Dealer had no problem doing it.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:39 AM

2009 C63
So you only worry about it when you have PP, right? what other special treatment for PP? I an debating if I should order one with or without PP...
Old 08-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Alas, even after having explained to 2 dealers the situation, and mentioning this site and the AMG private lounge (where they confirm it to be comp) no dice. MAybe I call MBUSA now? Its really buggin me buy now..
Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
g.smiley,
i found that my dealer doesnt know much if anything about it either. i think i told you earlier that they said i had to pay for mine at 2k. they recommended it on ALL AMGs even mine that does NOT have the PP that yours has. so if that tells you how uninformed the dealer can be..... i wish you luck, keep us posted.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Get the PP
Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 PM

As per AMG private lounge

"The AMG recommended break-in procedure is an overall program designed for
you to get maximum performance, reliability and enjoyment from your Mercedes-AMG. The purpose of this procedure is to break-in the rear axle and associated drive train components. Due to the high quality standards adhered to by AMG, the engine itself does not require a break-in procedure.

During the first 1000 miles, do not exceed a speed of 85 mph
During this period, avoid engine speeds above 4500 rpm (SL 65 AMG, 4000 rpm) in each gear.
Drive your vehicle during the first 1000 miles at varying but moderate vehicle and engine speeds.
During this period, avoid heavy loads (full throttle driving) and excessive engine speeds (no more than 2/3 of maximum rpm in each gear).
Avoid accelerating by kickdown.
Do not attempt to slow the vehicle down by shifting to a lower gear using the gear selector lever.
Select positions 3, 2, or 1 only when driving at moderate speeds (for hill driving).
Select C as the preferred shift program for the first 1000 miles.

After 1000 miles, you may gradually increase vehicle and engine
speeds to the permissible maximum.

Limited Slip Differential (LSD)

By following the above outlined procedure, you will also be properly
breaking in your LSD. AMG requests that you visit your authorized
Mercedes-Benz facility to have the differential Gear Oil changed after
break-in at 1800 miles. This service is mandatory and is covered under your
vehicle warranty.

The Mercedes-Benz Part number for the LSD gear oil is MB A0019895203-0003

Note: All of the above instructions, as may apply to your vehicle type,
also apply when driving the first 1000 miles after the engine or
the rear differential has been replaced. (For LSD equipped vehicles, also
see LSD break-in procedure)"

That is what the AMG Service team has to say about it on the Private lounge forum. Im waiting for MBUSA to call me back. I want to get to the bottom of this once and for all.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by g.smiley
"The AMG recommended break-in procedure is an overall program designed for
you to get maximum performance, reliability and enjoyment from your Mercedes-AMG. The purpose of this procedure is to break-in the rear axle and associated drive train components. Due to the high quality standards adhered to by AMG, the engine itself does not require a break-in procedure.

During the first 1000 miles, do not exceed a speed of 85 mph No; sorry, didn't adhere to that!
During this period, avoid engine speeds above 4500 rpm (SL 65 AMG, 4000 rpm) in each gear.
No; sorry, didn't adhere to that!
Drive your vehicle during the first 1000 miles at varying but moderate vehicle and engine speeds. Yes, I actually did that!
During this period, avoid heavy loads (full throttle driving) and excessive engine speeds (no more than 2/3 of maximum rpm in each gear).
Avoid accelerating by kickdown. No; sorry, didn't adhere to that!
Do not attempt to slow the vehicle down by shifting to a lower gear using the gear selector lever. No; sorry, didn't adhere to that!
Select positions 3, 2, or 1 only when driving at moderate speeds (for hill driving). N/A; I'm in S. Florida!!
Select C as the preferred shift program for the first 1000 miles.

After 1000 miles, you may gradually increase vehicle and engine
speeds to the permissible maximum.
So, does this mean I broke my car in HARD!????? I thought I was actually fairly easy on the car for the first 1,000mi...only did WOT to redline two times, I believe.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
i THOUGHT (and was right) that the vehicle break in was for the rear end and not the engine. seems like that is what AMG is saying as well.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
I think your new vehicle warranty booklet should have a statement in there describing the complimentary LSD oil change.

For my C55, I know my "Service Warranty" booklet contained these details. To be specific, my warranty booklet (page 7) has a section called "First Service". It states that the vehicle should be brought in for service between the first 1000 to 3000 miles for an oil change at no charge.

I would imagine that your C63 warranty booklet has a similar statement regarding LSD oil change. If you have your warranty booklet, that's all the proof you really need. Maybe try to talk with the service manager to get a better response.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1V8C55
I think your new vehicle warranty booklet should have a statement in there describing the complimentary LSD oil change.

For my C55, I know my "Service Warranty" booklet contained these details. To be specific, my warranty booklet (page 7) has a section called "First Service". It states that the vehicle should be brought in for service between the first 1000 to 3000 miles for an oil change at no charge.

I would imagine that your C63 warranty booklet has a similar statement regarding LSD oil change. If you have your warranty booklet, that's all the proof you really need. Maybe try to talk with the service manager to get a better response.
I read everything and no mention.

BUT, I did just get of the phone with MBUSA and the official response is that the AMG private lounge notification I posted above is no longer valid. ALL maintenance is at the owners's expense including the diff (LSD or not). Those of you with free service got lucky. Makes me yearn for the days way back when when MB still provided stuff for their valuable customers, kind of like cough BMW cough Im gonna do it myself cause 300 for a diff change is sick.

Oh yea, when i asked the MBUSA associate why two different dealers gave me conflicting estimates for the diff fluid change she told me that the dealerships are privately run, and that MBUSA has no control over what they charge. That bugs the hell out of me...
Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 PM

C63AMG
Originally Posted by g.smiley
ALL maintenance is at the owners's expense including the diff (LSD or not). :
This is what corporate told us too, the 1875 mile oil change expense is out of our pocket, BTW, do it yourself, it will be better and you know what you got.

We're all finished playing the MB stealership game.

Time to do some mods and totally screw the warranty.....
Old 08-04-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by lomita
This is what corporate told us too, the 1875 mile oil change expense is out of our pocket, BTW, do it yourself, it will be better and you know what you got.

We're all finished playing the MB stealership game.

Time to do some mods and totally screw the warranty.....