C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porterfield pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XC90, 2x67ShelbyGT350, 68ShelbyGT500, 3 mustang GT's and now my gorgeous Palladium C63
Porterfield pads

i was the proud owner of a CLK55 which (of course) had the age old problem of black front wheels as a result of brake dust. After many searches on many forums i decided to upgrade to the Porterfield pads front and rear which apparently would drastically reduce brake dust. They did. the only problem is that they also caused my front rotors to warp. Not good. enter new rotors, and off to the cryogenic freezer to harden them so they wouldn't warp again...

all told, over $3K spent on frigging dirty wheels (yes, i have already calculated that i could have had a topless blonde babe washing my car once a week for 5 years for the same price i paid for the rotors/freezing... don't remind me.. )

the question i have, is what have you guys done to eliminate/reduce the brake dust in your C63's? mine arrives in approx a few weeks and i just know the dirty wheels (after 50 miles) will p1ss me off big time.

peace...
Old 08-18-2009, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Hire a stripper. Seriously, I just wipe them down after a drive, this eliminates buildup and keeps the wheels looking nice. I also use a wheel polisher that aids in the buildup of brake dust as it leaves a smooth polished and slippery finish which helps, the brake dust wont stick as much.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:31 PM

C63AMG
Waiting For EBC Redstuff Pads

Originally Posted by bozelloy
i was the proud owner of a CLK55 which (of course) had the age old problem of black front wheels as a result of brake dust. After many searches on many forums i decided to upgrade to the Porterfield pads front and rear which apparently would drastically reduce brake dust. They did. the only problem is that they also caused my front rotors to warp. Not good. enter new rotors, and off to the cryogenic freezer to harden them so they wouldn't warp again...

all told, over $3K spent on frigging dirty wheels (yes, i have already calculated that i could have had a topless blonde babe washing my car once a week for 5 years for the same price i paid for the rotors/freezing... don't remind me.. )

the question i have, is what have you guys done to eliminate/reduce the brake dust in your C63's? mine arrives in approx a few weeks and i just know the dirty wheels (after 50 miles) will p1ss me off big time.

peace...
Spoke with the EBC people yesterday asking about when the Redstuff pads will be available for our C63 AMGs......call back in November.........no backing plates yet.....in the meantime, we hose the brakes down about once a week. Dirty little fokkers aren't they....
Old 08-18-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
Originally Posted by lomita
Spoke with the EBC people yesterday asking about when the Redstuff pads will be available for our C63 AMGs......call back in November.........no backing plates yet.....in the meantime, we hose the brakes down about once a week. Dirty little fokkers aren't they....
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...low-stuff.html
Old 08-18-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
all you have to do is what any sensible AMG owner would do.... wipe her down both before and after a drive! works wonders for me!! half the fun is wipin her down... it works for the race horses here in kentucky so why wouldnt it work for this thoroughbred?
Old 08-19-2009, 02:20 AM

9.5Sec 850hp Mitsu Lancer, Mercedes Viano, AMG C63
One other thing to consider is using a wheel wax, or protectant - I use an Autoglym wheel sealant which basically means if you use a high pressure hose, all the break dust will just strip away in seconds without even touching them...
Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by blodge
One other thing to consider is using a wheel wax, or protectant - I use an Autoglym wheel sealant which basically means if you use a high pressure hose, all the break dust will just strip away in seconds without even touching them...
I use this and it helps whenever i need to clean the wheels. Brake dust and goop from the road come right off.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Poorboy...t-P40/8-oz-S1/