Sponsored by:

After owning the c63, I am a AMG customer for life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jeffield
Hmm actually its not my parents nor its mine, i have a friend who got his license taken away and i had the advantage of having the keys and he let me take it to school... but hours later i was sent home because the car was too expensive... lol

it was either i brought it home or get suspended for a day...

but nonetheless my next car ( i m wishing to get ) will be the LP560

but with the financial issues the world is having i'd wait till later when everything picks up
lol your story is quiet famous locally ... well theres always the hater principles, the whole adminstration department didn't like me back in high school for driving nice cars and skipping half of my classes haha.

god i like university now lol
Old 08-21-2009, 09:26 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by MikeS54
lol your story is quiet famous locally ... well theres always the hater principles, the whole adminstration department didn't like me back in high school for driving nice cars and skipping half of my classes haha.

I think its really stupid... the nicest car in the parking lot other than my car would either be a cooper S or a rx8

i think its retarded its not my fault that these are the cars i drive because i like cars it makes no sense to send someone home because they cant get something that i have...
Old 08-21-2009, 11:03 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jeffield
I think its really stupid... the nicest car in the parking lot other than my car would either be a cooper S or a rx8

i think its retarded its not my fault that these are the cars i drive because i like cars it makes no sense to send someone home because they cant get something that i have...

hehe your school definitely had a boring parking lot lol we had couple of nice cars in london the year i graduated and last year, an E93 m3, couple of 335s,G37,Carrera 2s and is250 same person, e46m3--GTR now, couple of caynees, etc almost all of them are from my friend group. Anyways don't you go to huge boyd or something correct me if i am rong. but yea huge boyd is pretty white thats why no nice cars.

and its doesn't make any sense for the principle to send you home for driving a lambo lol.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:05 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
hehe your school definitely had a boring parking lot lol we had couple of nice cars in london the year i graduated and last year, an E93 m3, couple of 335s,G37,Carrera 2s and is250 same person, e46m3--GTR now, couple of caynees, etc almost all of them are from my friend group. Anyways don't you go to huge boyd or something correct me if i am rong. but yea huge boyd is pretty white thats why no nice cars.

and its doesn't make any sense for the principle to send you home for driving a lambo lol.

Oh ! You go to london? yeah i go to boyd, what a PoS school eh?
but yeah i saw girls at london in an E93 M3, saw a few IS and yeah bunch of nice cars... oh yeah we have a 335 as well but its my friends sister driving his car lol...
Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 Coupé Fiat 1.8 16v
@all of the manual gearbox lovers,

there can't be produced a manual gearbox, because the forces of the 6.2 engine will destroy it. And the most customers will choose the 7G-Tronic, instead of a 6speed manual. So the production costs of a manual will be a lot higher.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by AMG Powerrr
@all of the manual gearbox lovers,

there can't be produced a manual gearbox, because the forces of the 6.2 engine will destroy it. And the most customers will choose the 7G-Tronic, instead of a 6speed manual. So the production costs of a manual will be a lot higher.
Total

Magically the Dodge Viper has a manual transmission, so does the Corvette ZR1, the shelby GT500, etc. They all develop more power than the N/A 6.2 V8.

Tremec produces this transmission, and it costs far less than the 7 speed auto in the C63. Its called the TR-6060.

Get a bellhousing to fit the c63 motor, get a clutch package from valeo or sachs, and call it a day.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:14 AM

1999 Coupé Fiat 1.8 16v
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Total

Magically the Dodge Viper has a manual transmission, so does the Corvette ZR1, the shelby GT500, etc. They all develop more power than the N/A 6.2 V8.

Tremec produces this transmission, and it costs far less than the 7 speed auto in the C63. Its called the TR-6060.

Get a bellhousing to fit the c63 motor, get a clutch package from valeo or sachs, and call it a day.
That's right. But I think AMG wants a gearbox which they develop it by themselves. Just like the 7G-Tronic and the MCT technique.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
why? Manual transmissions haven't evolved that much, and if the tremec unit shifts smoothly, easily handles the power, and can be packaged to fit, why reinvent the wheel?

Something like an MCT can be a good differentiator for a company, but unless they plan to re-engineer the manual gearbox, the brand of the box is hardly a big deal.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:40 AM

1999 Coupé Fiat 1.8 16v
why? Manual transmissions haven't evolved that much, and if the tremec unit shifts smoothly, easily handles the power, and can be packaged to fit, why reinvent the wheel?

Something like an MCT can be a good differentiator for a company, but unless they plan to re-engineer the manual gearbox, the brand of the box is hardly a big deal.
Yeah, AMG would reinvent the wheel because they are AMG (which have a name of new techniques (like MCT) and parts which they build by there own (the engines))

I don't say that a gearbox manufacturor like Tremec is bad, I only said I think that if MB-AMG would like a manual tranny, the would develop it by themselves. And the costs of develop such thing for maybe 1 or 2 AMG models (C63, new E Black Series, which are in my opinion the most convenient of the AMG's for a manual tranny) , are a little bit high. And 95% of the customers prefer a automatic above a manual gearbox.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
I'm not really seeing the logic in your statement. AMG, as wonderful as they may be, is not going to really gain anything by developing its own manual tranny, unless it is something like a sequential manual gearbox, which it won't be.

Your post is akin to saying that AMG would re-engineer a shock/strut, despite Boge, Bilstein, Koni, whoever having an option that meets all of its needs.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
I'm not really seeing the logic in your statement. AMG, as wonderful as they may be, is not going to really gain anything by developing its own manual tranny, unless it is something like a sequential manual gearbox, which it won't be.

Your post is akin to saying that AMG would re-engineer a shock/strut, despite Boge, Bilstein, Koni, whoever having an option that meets all of its needs.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:05 AM

1999 Coupé Fiat 1.8 16v

I probably think AMG would do that.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
But can you explain why you think that? It doesn't make sense from a financial or performance standpoint.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 AM

1999 Coupé Fiat 1.8 16v
But can you explain why you think that? It doesn't make sense from a financial or performance standpoint.
I agree with you. But, as I said already, AMG wants to have there parts build by there own. I mean, the automatic gearbox and the engines, they could have let it build by an other manufacturor like Tremec or so, but they build it also by there own. And that's why I think AMG will develop a manual by there own. If they gonna build a manual.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this point.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:53 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204

oh wait you have heard of my story at london?

hehe

also it was ms mcfadgyen that sent me home
Old 08-23-2009, 03:38 PM

C63 AMG
^don't worry jeff everyone noes ur story haha

and to the manual discussion I believe only a very minor portion of the C63 owners want manual which include myself. I wished they could have just bought off another company's manual transmission and throw it in C63 as a option. W.E though i am happy with the current gearbox, yes it isn't as fast as PDK or DCT but it does work on the track and still be faster than if i am downshifting manually. Also this is one of the best automatic transmission when you just put it in full auto and cruise around.