Need your help, buying a C63 inmediately

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Need your help, buying a C63 inmediately

Please forgive me if I by passed the newbie forums and all that, I need to act fast. I went to the local dealer to buy a new C63 AMG. Apparently the 2009 are being discounted greatly. This local dealer in Tucson is giving me a $7500 disccount plus I am getting a $2000 disccount by USAA but after reading here that other people got $14500 off the MSRP from other dealers I feel like I can still squeeze more money( negotiate more).

The few C63 AMG 2009 lefts are selling fast. Do you guys think I should settle with the $9500 off the MSRP and take the car now? My trade is a C6 Z06, they are offering me about $4000 less of what I want but the vette needs a new set of tires also ($2000).

I noticed that the options are very pricy as well, unfortunately all the 2009s available are already equiped with options so I have no choice but to buy what they have left. Can you guys suggest any other better deals around or near Tucson, Az area?, I am ready to buy, hopefully after your feedback I should be going in the right direction.

The reason why I am rushing to get your feedback is because I fear that this offer might end soon and compared with the POS offers I got this morning from Audi(Zero disccount), Cadillac($2500 disccount) and BMW(hardly any disccount) Mercedes seem the more solid buy.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
act now before its too late u got a very good discount over there and for 9.5k off theres nothing that can compare with C63 for the money. I personally don't think theres gonna more discount C63 is super cheap as it is
Old 08-23-2009, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M-B GLE, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche Boxster (spouse)
Sounds like a deal to me. Take it!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 AM

2013 C63 Black Series
As a fellow USAA member, I am surprised to hear about the $2k off, I thought that it was only $1k off on a C63 AMG? I too am close to pulling the trigger. Maybe the difference is that the only reason I am getting into this car is BECAUSE of the big discount. I know its a great car, but I can afford what I can afford. I am holding out for $12-14k off MSRP with the USAA discount. If I can find that, I buy immediately. If I cant, I dont.

Let me know if the $2k goes through, because USAA told me only $1k on this particular vehicle.

Good luck and thanks!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:47 PM

C63 & Mustang Mach1(s)
My USAA discount was only $1k, so check. If they are really motivated you'll get the $7.5k off invoice. They're looking to making the profit off your Z so there is still room

Good luck with the deal you will not regret getting this car.

Last edited by Vegas_AMG; 08-23-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
When I was C63 shopping recently I set $10K as the baseline minimum discount "good deal" for a car in the color and with the options that I wanted. I understood that figure was also something that I could happily with, barring any further discount. My deal took about five minutes to conclude because the car was the color and exactly equipped as I wanted. At this late stage I was a little lucky to get the perfect car for me...I hope you are as lucky!

Last edited by bhamg; 08-23-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
What colors are left? When I was looking in July, there were mostly black and white ones left.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jtrichel
As a fellow USAA member, I am surprised to hear about the $2k off, I thought that it was only $1k off on a C63 AMG? I too am close to pulling the trigger. Maybe the difference is that the only reason I am getting into this car is BECAUSE of the big discount. I know its a great car, but I can afford what I can afford. I am holding out for $12-14k off MSRP with the USAA discount. If I can find that, I buy immediately. If I cant, I dont.

Let me know if the $2k goes through, because USAA told me only $1k on this particular vehicle.

Good luck and thanks!
Actually, I am even more shocked. I went to bed last night (I stay up until 0230 am )surfing the net and particulary the USAA website. USAA is offering a disccount between $1000 to $5000 depending on the model. After you select the C63AMG with the options I am saving $4461 through them(please log in yourself and look under their car buying program).

USAA has an arrangment with GM and MB only. I think I am going to the dealer for my final negotiation.

I am still very nervious, the poor gas mileage of the car, the high maintenance gives me some reservations but I think the car s a heck of a car and I would never get a deal like that.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I see that you have other cars that are more MPG friendly. Just drive the C63 once in a while if you are concerned with the MPG. We only drive ours on the weekend and use my 190e as a DD and the wife uses the RDX. Actually, the MPG on the RDX is not a whole lot better than the C63.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
^^^ No way I will buy a C63AMG and only use it on the weekends. I am the type of guy that enjoy my cars and despite the poor/miserable gas mileage on the C63 AMG I still think it is a secondary aspect when considering getting this car.

I really want this car but the main concerns are:

Traction (the stock OEM tires seem to not do the job, p[robelm is that the car doesn't really have flared fenders in the back to fit bigger rubber)
Maintenance
also gas mileage
Old 08-23-2009, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C63newdude
^^^ No way I will buy a C63AMG and only use it on the weekends. I am the type of guy that enjoy my cars and despite the poor/miserable gas mileage on the C63 AMG I still think it is a secondary aspect when considering getting this car.

Traction (the stock OEM tires seem to not do the job, p[robelm is that the car doesn't really have flared fenders in the back to fit bigger rubber)
Maintenance
also gas mileage
If you drive a lot in the city "stop and go" traffic, you'll be getting 11-12mpg and filling up the C63's gas tank every other day; however, if you do a lot of highway driving, you'll be getting mostly 17-19mpg, but still filling up a lot due to the small gas tank. But again, as you've probably already gone through in your mind a hundred times, the pure enjoyment you'll get just by driving your C63 AMG everyday will outweigh the negatives it carries. And, yes, apparently, you'll be replacing the C63 AMG's rear tires about every ~ 8-10k mi. or so.

As far as the maintenance costs, well...that might be up to you. For example, I tend not to go to the MB dealer everytime I need service and I don't necessarily follow their recommended maintenance schedule to every last detail and my cars usually last a long time without major issues that are not under warranty. Personally, I think most of the items on the MB "recommended service" A + B service intervals are b.s., except for the major stuff like changing the oil/filter, air filters, transmission oil, brake fluid, etc.

In fact, I recently replaced (myself) the 2 air filters in my wife's GL450 SUV, and upon taking out the original oem air filters at 20k mi., I realized they looked almost new and could've easily gone another 10k-20k+ mi. Anyhow, instead of paying MB hundreds of dollars to replace the 2 air filters, I bought the oem air filters online and replaced them myself...saving that money and realizing that half of their maintenance is just plain b.s., imho. In the meantime, we have > 27k mi. of problem-free driving in the GL450 and the only things that have been really done so far are changing the oil/filter, rotating the tires, and replacing the air filters.

Call me "cheap" or whatever, but MB makes A LOT of $$ on unncessary car maintenance. btw --the last time I went to my local MB dealer's service dept to have them check out a couple things, they refused to reset the Maintenance Reminder. So, *** em...I went online and found a MB Technical Service site that shows how to reset the car's Maintenence Reminder...so easy too!

Last edited by sflgator; 08-23-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Dude. Follow these words.

Go in the Tuscon dealer. Tell them you want a fully optioned C63 MINUS performance package for $53k (which is probably the majority of whats out there in terms of equipped cars). Period. End of story. If they can do the deal, you're in. If they cant, buh bye, you'll take your business elsewhere because 10 guys you know just got the same deal.

I have a dealer right now who will offer you better than $9k off, I'll tell you that for sure. PM me if you want the info.

Also, if youre worried about gas mileage and maintenance, this is not the car for you. Maintenance isnt a big deal while under warranty. Oil changes, I find, are easier to just pay to get done versus buying 1000 qts of oil @ $5 a pop, then the filter...at some point it becomes like $30 to do the oil change at a dealer versus doing it yourself, and for me its worth it to just pay to get it done. I barely use the brakes in street driving with the way this car downshifts to slow down so I imagine they will last forever. Tires are fine, traction isnt a huge deal, but I also dont burn out everywhere I go. Seems plenty sticky to me.

The things you need to worry about with an AMG:

- Depreciation - they drop like a rock. If you dont keep cars for 4+ yrs prepare to be upside down when you go to sell it, no matter what kind of deal you get now.
- After-warranty repairs - big time ouchy dude. Very expensive out of warranty.

Last edited by rory breaker; 08-23-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rory breaker

Go in the Tuscon dealer. Tell them you want a fully optioned C63 MINUS performance package for $53k (which is probably the majority of whats out there in terms of equipped cars). Period. End of story. If they can do the deal, you're in. If they cant, buh bye, you'll take your business elsewhere because 10 guys you know just got the same deal.

I have a dealer right now who will offer you better than $9k off, I'll tell you that for sure. PM me if you want the info.
Except he has a Chevy C6 Z06 to trade-in with the deal...kind of hard to do with an out-of-state dealer, unless maybe they would be willing to give him $Xxxxx for his trade-in unseen and have the transport truck drop off the new C63 AMG and pick up his trade-in car at the same time.

Last edited by sflgator; 08-23-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
So keep the Z06 and sell it privately. Or go to Carmax and see what they'll give you. If its $1000 less but you save $3000 on the price and after the tradein credit you come out on top, go that route.

Either way play hardball with that dealer. Tell them you know about the trunk money and you want your piece. If they are willing to give $7500 off tell them thanks add that to the trunk money and you'll take your $15k off MSRP, plus your $2k.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:47 PM

2009 C63 K1

Traction (the stock OEM tires seem to not do the job, problem is that the car doesn't really have flared fenders in the back to fit bigger rubber)
Maintenance
also gas mileage
...just so you know you can fit 275's on the rears...several folks on the forum have them with no issues

Also, for you can get three years prepaid maintenance for $1000. Ask the dealer to throw that in.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by rory breaker

Also, if youre worried about gas mileage and maintenance, this is not the car for you. Maintenance isnt a big deal while under warranty. Oil changes, I find, are easier to just pay to get done versus buying 1000 qts of oil @ $5 a pop, then the filter...at some point it becomes like $30 to do the oil change at a dealer versus doing it yourself, and for me its worth it to just pay to get it done. I barely use the brakes in street driving with the way this car downshifts to slow down so I imagine they will last forever. Tires are fine, traction isnt a huge deal, but I also dont burn out everywhere I go. Seems plenty sticky to me.

The things you need to worry about with an AMG:

- Depreciation - they drop like a rock. If you dont keep cars for 4+ yrs prepare to be upside down when you go to sell it, no matter what kind of deal you get now.
- After-warranty repairs - big time ouchy dude. Very expensive out of warranty.

rory is right. 53k w/o PP is a good deal for both you and the dealer.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
To help clarify something. The only models available in the west coast that he showed me on his data base they all had equipment and they all had a similar MSRP of around $66-67k and change. Most of the cars he showed me had the silmilar package.

Mmember AZlane is helping me out as we speak. I might be able to go ahead and just use the same salesman that sold his car for $11500 less, after all we are talking about the same dealer, the difference is that he got his 3 weeks ago.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
To help clarify something. The only models available in the west coast that he showed me on his data base they all had equipment and they all had a similar MSRP of around $66-67k and change. Most of the cars he showed me had the silmilar package.

Mmember AZlane is helping me out as we speak. I might be able to go ahead and just use the same salesman that sold his car for $11500 less, after all we are talking about the same dealer, the difference is that he got his 3 weeks ago.
FYI - It is possible that the $7.5k MB mfgr-dealer incentive is gone now, and many dealers may not be willing to discount beyond the $9k-$10k off now (which technically represents a larger "dealer" discount than most of us got). I technically got a $5.5k dealer discount + $7.5k MB mfgr-dealer incentive for a total $13k discount (although that included shipping to my door at n/c, so I could also look at it as a $14k discount - $1k shipping...6 and 1/2 dozen the other) toward the end of July. G/L!!!

Last edited by sflgator; 08-23-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
Dealer Contact Information

Hey Guys. I have seen a lot of questions about who to buy from and what to pay.

Hope I can help someone with my experience.

I picked my C-63 up on Sat.

Please see the invoice information below..

I actually paid $52,500 for the car plus tags and taxes. That’s $14860 off MSRP.

However the dealer was not able to get the car that they wanted from the same state so with the added shipping costs the dealer actually lost money on the sale but they did the deal anyway.

I have talked to Mark, my sales guy and he said he could not to $14k off MSRP again unless they had the car in inventory.

However Mark did say they coould do $13,000 off MSRP for anyone plus shipping even if they have to get the car from another dealer.

Good luck

Jim

Here is my sales guys information:

Mark Kendall</SPAN> (Smart Car & Mercedes-Benz)
Mercedes-Benz of Winston-Salem (map)
691 Jonestown Rd.
Winston-Salem, NC.
phone (336) 760-4580
toll free (800) 489-1217
mobile (336) 414-8087
fax (336) 768-6721
e-mail mark_mbusa@yahoo.com
on the web www.mbwinstonsalem.com

C63 $56,300
040 Black
201 Black AMG Premium Leather
P02 P02 Premium Package: Bi-Xenon Headlamps $1,100
057 iPod Integration Kit $375
318 318 AMG Leather Package: AMG Premium Lea $2,980
320 320 Multimedia Package: 7-inch Power Ret $2,980
359 TeleAid $650
732 Black Maple Wood Trim
SUBTOTAL $64,385
DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
GAS GUZZLER $2,100
TOTAL $67,360
Old 08-24-2009, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Got me a new C63 AMG. Thanks to everyone

Hello again,

I just want to say thanks to everyone that helped me to get my C63 AMG specially to member AZlane that actually lead me to the best deal.

I traded my 08 Z06 for a red C63 AMG with Letaher package and P2. I got $11000 off so I think it is better than the original $9500 disccount from Saturday . Again, thanks soo much to Drew(AZlane) for taking the time to help me and give me the details on how to duplicate his deal. I basically copy exactly the steps that he suggested me.

The car should be here in 2, 3 or 4 days(I am hoping), it is shipping from California. The only small down side is the insurance, it went up a few dollars a month.

Again, thanks to the great support I received in such short period of time, you guys were very helpful considering I just signed into this forum.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:37 PM

2010 C350 Arctic White/Black
fwiw i just closed a deal here on long island and was able to get $14,962 off of msrp. i guess where you live may determine how competitive the market is for these cars...good luck in your search!