Sponsored by:

what kind of 1/4 can we expect without tunes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
quaife makes the lsd and for my e63 its about 2500 installed , renntech is great product but all about the name IMO . speak to ttmotorsports he is modding my e63 now and he just did a 63 lsd install .

<==========DAMN I LOVE COCO !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
quaife makes the lsd and for my e63 its about 2500 installed , renntech is great product but all about the name IMO . speak to ttmotorsports he is modding my e63 now and he just did a 63 lsd install .
yo 2500 is ALOT. i payed 1150 for the LSD alone you getting charged 1350 labor. just my 0.02
Old 08-27-2009, 05:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by mthis
yo 2500 is ALOT. i payed 1150 for the LSD alone you getting charged 1350 labor. just my 0.02
this is why i threw around 2500 - i just put that figure up to prove a point vs the cost of the Renntech lsd. it should cost around 2k
Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Well i'm going next wednesday with my friend's tt g35 and GTR to see how slow my stock car is. Did some rolling race with my friend's tt g35 the other day on a closed track and pulled a car on him. He dyno'd 380hp (DynoDynamics) on a conservative tune at Forged Performance
Old 08-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by mthis
I am just wondering where do you get your car worked on? For someone that is in the restaurant business, how can you comment on what a Quaife LSD should cost to install?

The suspension in the CLS63 and E63 is an Airmatic suspension where the airbags have to be systematically deflated using a MB recommended protocol using SDS. The suspension has multiple upper control arms with torque and trust arms on the bottom and an endlink on each side not to mention the air distribution valve, sensors, rear rotors and calipers that are wrapped up so the paint is not damaged on the calipers.

You can't buy the bearing so you have to press them off the open diff assembly and reuse them on the Quaife. While the whole assembly is cleaned of all metal debris inside the housing it, and once installed with the cover, the rear diff assembly is painted OEM black for a totally stock looking unit.

Installation is just reinstalling in reverse order exactly how you disassembled the entire rear of the car, driveshaft and exhaust system and torqueing all bolts to factory approved values. The you have to reinflate the Airtmatic system through SDS again and it takes time to reinflate the system.

It is a very time consuming and rewarding for a professional, who people have trusted with their amazing Mercedes, to install a Quaife LSD unit in a very sophisticated vehicle and I charge a very fair price for my expertise and I would appreciate the peanut gallery to speak of what they know and not what they think they know.

Show a little respect and since you've met me, I hope you know that I know my **** and I give my client's the most amazing service and education when it comes to tuning their cars.

PS All you need besides Thermalnators is getting either Andy's LT's on or Kleemann HFEM's and let your car BREATHE!!! The power is in the exhaust manifolds. Then maybe you'll beat a stock E55 or a JB3 335!

And that is my .02.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
I am just wondering where do you get your car worked on? For someone that is in the restaurant business, how can you comment on what a Quaife LSD should cost to install?

The suspension in the CLS63 and E63 is an Airmatic suspension where the airbags have to be systematically deflated using a MB recommended protocol using SDS. The suspension has multiple upper control arms with torque and trust arms on the bottom and an endlink on each side not to mention the air distribution valve, sensors, rear rotors and calipers that are wrapped up so the paint is not damaged on the calipers.

You can't buy the bearing so you have to press them off the open diff assembly and reuse them on the Quaife. While the whole assembly is cleaned of all metal debris inside the housing it, and once installed with the cover, the rear diff assembly is painted OEM black for a totally stock looking unit.

Installation is just reinstalling in reverse order exactly how you disassembled the entire rear of the car, driveshaft and exhaust system and torqueing all bolts to factory approved values. The you have to reinflate the Airtmatic system through SDS again and it takes time to reinflate the system.

It is a very time consuming and rewarding for a professional, who people have trusted with their amazing Mercedes, to install a Quaife LSD unit in a very sophisticated vehicle and I charge a very fair price for my expertise and I would appreciate the peanut gallery to speak of what they know and not what they think they know.

Show a little respect and since you've met me, I hope you know that I know my **** and I give my client's the most amazing service and education when it comes to tuning their cars.

PS All you need besides Thermalnators is getting either Andy's LT's on or Kleemann HFEM's and let your car BREATHE!!! The power is in the exhaust manifolds. Then maybe you'll beat a stock E55 or a JB3 335!

And that is my .02.
check you p.m

Last edited by mthis; 08-29-2009 at 02:11 AM.