Sponsored by:

Its "Go" Time - Buy now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Black Series
Its "Go" Time - Buy now?

Well after much lurking, researching, etc. its time to make some decisions. Since so many here have just gone through this, interested in opinions. I know that I want to buy an 09 C63 AMG. Like everyone else here, I want to take advantage of the very best pricing I can find, balanced with my ideal color and options.

One of the dealers I spoke to is offering $14k off a low optioned car. Its not in my preferred color and only has the AMG leather package and IPOD kit. Ideally, I would get a silver or grey car with more options. However, the price on this car is $48k after discount - VERY tempting to me to get the essence of this vehicle, minus some preferred options, for such a low price.

Has anyone else forgone their favorite colors or preferred options to just get such a great deal? I would gladly pay a few thousand more for what I want, but I am also not sure that all the dealers are still offering the deep discounts (I have seen some posts lately that that has slowed down).

So bottom line is go for a low optioned /not ideal color car for such a great deal, or try to hold out/find a more perfect car for me...think that the $14k-15k discounts are still out there? My preferred colors are Palladium, Steel, or Iridium...All ideas and referrals welcomed... thank you!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:36 PM

2014 CLS63 s-amg, 2012 Porsche Cayenne, ML350
I am in final stages of finalizing a deal on a C63 that is exactly the color I wanted but it does not have the P2 nor the interior trim I wanted. I got a great deal tho so I went for it, not many times will you find discounted AMGs like now! Thats why I pulled the trigger. I will prob have some work done on mine later but right now is the time to buy.

There are prob so few lest right now so you will not get Exactly what you want but I´m sure you will find something you would be happy with!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
+1, I waited until I found the car that I wanted. It was tempting to settle for another car minus what I wanted, but I held out and I have been more than happy with my C32.

My step-dad use to say "Your money will not burn a hole in your pocket." So my trek for the right "C63" continues. Good luck with your search
Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Mine is a "low optioned" vehicle just like what OP listed that I purchased during the "sale." I wanted Palladium, leather and P2 for the Xenons . In SoCal, no one had Palladium so I settled with Iridium. None of my neighbors realized I have a new car (other car was a '04.5 SPORT C320 in Brilliant Silver). I would imagine that the remaining '09 are mostly black and white, right?

Last edited by Sincity; 08-27-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by Sincity
Mine is a "low optioned" vehicle just like what OP listed that I purchased during the "sale." I wanted Palladium, leather and P2 for the Xenons . In SoCal, no one had Palladium so I settled with Iridium. None of my neighbors realized I have a new car (other car was a '04.5 SPORT C320 in Brilliant Silver). I would imagine that the remaining '09 are mostly black and white, right?
Hey thats more than half the battle, great colours Black & White P.S. the Mr. "Olympia" is in your town the 24-27 Sept. great show and usually all of the bodybuilding legends show up
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Don't sacrifice what you want to save $ for cars in this category. Spend the extra $ and get what makes you happy.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by jtrichel
Well after much lurking, researching, etc. its time to make some decisions. Since so many here have just gone through this, interested in opinions. I know that I want to buy an 09 C63 AMG. Like everyone else here, I want to take advantage of the very best pricing I can find, balanced with my ideal color and options.

One of the dealers I spoke to is offering $14k off a low optioned car. Its not in my preferred color and only has the AMG leather package and IPOD kit. Ideally, I would get a silver or grey car with more options. However, the price on this car is $48k after discount - VERY tempting to me to get the essence of this vehicle, minus some preferred options, for such a low price.

Has anyone else forgone their favorite colors or preferred options to just get such a great deal? I would gladly pay a few thousand more for what I want, but I am also not sure that all the dealers are still offering the deep discounts (I have seen some posts lately that that has slowed down).

So bottom line is go for a low optioned /not ideal color car for such a great deal, or try to hold out/find a more perfect car for me...think that the $14k-15k discounts are still out there? My preferred colors are Palladium, Steel, or Iridium...All ideas and referrals welcomed... thank you!
Its go time for sure. Wait any longer and you will miss out on the deal. Ive heard money goes away Sept 1st. I don’t know of any dealers who have any left. I have connections with about 4 and they are all sold out. I had a black one and now its spoken for.

I can possibly get you into a Capri Blue one for about 56K but I really don’t have good relations with the dealership and to be honest I wouldn’t even recommend them. They use bait and switch methods. They had 3 and they only have 1 left.

Even the light used ones are gone. Good luck my friend, get what you want though. Dont buy something you will hate in 6 months. (Color)
Old 08-27-2009, 04:39 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by propain
Its go time for sure. Wait any longer and you will miss out on the deal. Ive heard money goes away Sept 1st. I don’t know of any dealers who have any left. I have connections with about 4 and they are all sold out. I had a black one and now its spoken for.

I can possibly get you into a Capri Blue one for about 56K but I really don’t have good relations with the dealership and to be honest I wouldn’t even recommend them. They use bait and switch methods. They had 3 and they only have 1 left.

Even the light used ones are gone. Good luck my friend, get what you want though. Dont buy something you will hate in 6 months. (Color)
Well, that is the dilemna. I am not sure which would be more frustrating in 6 months... drive a c63 in a color I am not crazy about (maybe could get used to it) - or - deciding I really cant live without one and literally losing $15k in discount potential that exists right now...
Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Don't sacrifice what you want to save $ for cars in this category. Spend the extra $ and get what makes you happy.
+1
Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM

AMC Pacer
I wouldn't settle and I know I'm not going to. I actually like the White cars that I've seen at delaers but I'm not going to buy one without the Performance Package. No limited slip diff in a car like this is just stupid. The discounts are nice, but if you're still going to drop over $50K it better be for something you really want. You might save the $15K now but when you turn around to sell it later because it isn't what you really wanted you're just going to lose more.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
All fair points. Ideally I would love to find a Performance Package car, but I dont think that there are many around anymore. From what I have read on this site, you really wont notice the difference unless on a race track...not how I plan to use this car.

I have spoken with a half dozen dealers today. All are offering $14k off MSRP + my USAA discount ($1k) for a total of $15k off sticker. I think that I have decided against the bare bones car (although it is tempting at $47k!!!!). I think that I will end up with a leather P2 multimedia car... unless I can find one with PP.