Sponsored by:

drivers side power window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009 | 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
drivers side power window

I seem to be having some issues with my drivers side window. Sometimes (moreso lately but has happened once or twice before) the auto window up feature doesn't work, and when I fully close it by holding the button, it'll open again on its own about 1cm. I then have to press the button again to close it. Any ideas?

Auto down works fine, and I get the same results when closing from the outside with the keyfob
Old 09-06-2009 | 12:14 AM

c63 amg
I've had the same problem on mine, except on the front passengers window. In the owner's manual there is a procedure to reset the window--- I followed that and it seemed to correct the problem.

I once read somewhere that the window rolls down if the car senses the cabin temperature is too high --- not sure if that is correct or just a rumor.

Paul
Old 09-06-2009 | 12:26 AM

2001 E240
Originally Posted by drawde
and when I fully close it by holding the button, it'll open again on its own about 1cm. I then have to press the button again to close it. Any ideas?

This happens when you are closing manually or you are using the one-touch? This happens immediately once window hits the top or waits 2 seconds before it drops?
Old 09-06-2009 | 02:03 AM

C63 AMG
nvr had this issue
Old 09-06-2009 | 03:10 AM

2001 E240
My driver's side window kept moving 1 inch at a time when manually opening / closing, and the one-touch express was dead; a few days later it wouldn't do, so I did the resync and everything was back perfect, but only for 3 days before moving 1" and resync loss shows again. The litany repeats, until I sprayed WD40 into the frame and moving an inch postdated briefly once but never since. I then did the resync and things went back perfect, but only for 3 days and this time.... it is this bounce back problem surfacing. This bounce back was there for a very brief period when I newly acquired the vehicle but never since until 2 weeks ago.

This is an interesting thread....copied off another forum

01-29-2006, 09:04 AM #9 (permalink)

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: '05 SLK350

RE: Driver window came open
I've had this happen to both side door windows. It occurs when I use the "one touch auto up" to put both windows up. They go up to the top, and it's as if there is something stopping them from closing completely, the window mechanism registers this as a "jam" and drops the window by 3 or 4".

Told the service department about it, they applied some lubricant to the black locating rubber at the top of the "A" pillar so the window would slide up into it's closed position.

This did indeed stop the window from not closing properly and then dropping down a couples of inches, BUT it did transfer the lubricate from the rubber onto the top 5mm of the glass so that when the window went right down, it transferred lubricate to the seal at the bottom of the window frame so that now when the windows go up and down, I have a 3" set of vertical smear lines up and down the full height of the window.

So I've now cleaned the glass and rubber and the problem now re-occurs sometimes, to close the window I just hold the window switch in the up position (not auto up) and ensure it goes right up. Another little quirk of a 'great' car.
Old 09-07-2009 | 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Thanks guys, resynced windows and the problem went away. If it happens too often ill probably take it in and have it looked at.