Sponsored by:

Do M5/M6 owners hate M3 owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by GBlansten
I'm laid back. I don't really get into this model oriented drama. I like my car. It's fun to drive. I'm glad I got it. I don't want a larger sedan. I came out of a SLK 350 with 6MT. I'd rather kid around on here any day and hopefully laugh a little than be unpleasant and angry with any of you. It's just a car board.
well said!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
Some do some don't
One can always hang around (myself) the W204 forum without the need of putting down anyone because they drive a C300/350. Also, i wanted to add a little note, a lot of C63 owners here could of bought something much and I mean MUCH more expensive than this car including an M5/M6 or E63. The fact is for the price tag, this car is one of the best (if not the best) 4 door car in it's class money can buy. Sound's like a race car, drives like a race car, and looks very very aggressive just like a race car...

Respect to all you M5/M6/E63/CLS63/S63 owners but I LOVE MY C63 and would not trade it for any of those!

Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
Good observations.

A good question is, do you guys notice C63 owners looking/talking down on C300/350 owners? hmmmmm
I do. And I paid cash for my car. I see some folks making $1,000 payments each moth for a C63. Have it or not, that doesn't seem wise.

No offense to the more learned and humble C63 owners, but it seems SOME of them do look down on people who don't own a $60,000+ car. Some fail to admit what is later discovered in reading their posts. They still live at home; they have fallen *** backwards into money; they can't read, write or speak proper english; they measure success solely in terms of money; they call wheels rims and so on. Oh, and they bragg about a car they know nothing about. Many couldn't hold their own in any other arena of intellect. It is bad company for other C63 owners.

I have had my share of fast and expensive cars and will again. in Dec. 2007, I wanted something new with a 6sp MT and really liked the C Class. The C63 wasn't out yet. After seeing the new E Class and the M3 Sedan, I am glad I decided to wait.

BTW, Corvettes aren't just for old bald guys. They are for inadequate cheese *****. Oh, but not the Z06. It looks on you. J/K

We are all car enthusiasts and should respect the decisions and good judgement of other members.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:35 PM

2010 C63, 2002 Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by Derspeed
I do. And I paid cash for my car. I see some folks making $1,000 payments each moth for a C63. Have it or not, that doesn't seem wise.
Really?

Seems to me that putting $60,000 of today's dollars into a depreciating asset with negative cashflow is pretty unwise. I'd rather lease a car for 3 years, get bored with it, and lease another one, all-the-while writing off about 75% of the car payment as a business expense. In the meantime, the rest of the money that would have gone into the "wise" cash purchase of a car can go into cozy little real estate investments (rental properties) and/or re-investments into a business.

There's nothing particularly special about a C63.. it's a german muscle car that is a fun to drive and has a little panache. In 10 years no one is going to be collecting C63s... it's a throw-away luxury item. I can't imagine the maintenance costs on a 100,000 mile+ C63.. once the factory warranty runs out, I'm running for the hills.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Ditto for leasing my car....I refuse to put my money into a depreciating asset, I do change vehicles every three or four years, and that for me is the reason I wont buy, too much of a loss, I might as well just use it and pay for what I use....though I know alot of you are into financing the car I wont.
But back on this topic, I dont and never look down on any C300, C350 or C230 for that matter, you get what you can afford and be proud of it, I do look down on posers and fakers though, but that is another thread and topic which has been discussed many many times.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:58 PM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
I'll chip in...Even though it might be a lilttle OT

I love cars(who doesnt) IMO C63 drivers has much better attitude compare to M3 drivers...most young generation have their mind set M-Cars are the ultimate driving machine...I met with one guy in BMW Meet in Local seattle area...he drive E36 M3, and his dream car is the E60 M5. When I asked him why he didnt considered M-Benz, Audi's etc..he simply said...I love BMW to the death. Reason? BMW got the best handling car in the world...

I was like..."okayy...How often in one year you go to the race track? and compare your bimmer with other car?" He laugh and said "I never went to the track yet, but I am sure my E36 will beat your CLK 500"...

Nuff said, I replied "I think so too..." and walk away....

lesson taken...

My reason choosing C63 compare to others (not because I hate bimmer driver) is because the TQ, displacement, exhaust note!! and throttle blip
back when I pre-order it, I already test drove the E92 M3 and IS-F...I love the E46, but the E92 (Please dont bash me for this ) is not as supperior as the E46...but it's just me...

and I think I made the right decisson

Long live car lover!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by B.E.R.U.A.N.G
I'll chip in...Even though it might be a lilttle OT

I love cars(who doesnt) IMO C63 drivers has much better attitude compare to M3 drivers...most young generation have their mind set M-Cars are the ultimate driving machine...I met with one guy in BMW Meet in Local seattle area...he drive E36 M3, and his dream car is the E60 M5. When I asked him why he didnt considered M-Benz, Audi's etc..he simply said...I love BMW to the death. Reason? BMW got the best handling car in the world...

I was like..."okayy...How often in one year you go to the race track? and compare your bimmer with other car?" He laugh and said "I never went to the track yet, but I am sure my E36 will beat your CLK 500"...
Werd, I'd say 90% who buy the M3 or the C63 don't "track" their cars. I'm part of the 90%. I buy the car for the driveability around town and the occasional spirited drive.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
I don't rate cars by how expensive or powerful they are, I also don't look down on others with a less expensive car than the one I am driving. To me those type of attitudes are childish and arrogant which is in conflict with being a car enthusiast.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Interwebz
Really?

Seems to me that putting $60,000 of today's dollars into a depreciating asset with negative cashflow is pretty unwise. I'd rather lease a car for 3 years, get bored with it, and lease another one, all-the-while writing off about 75% of the car payment as a business expense. In the meantime, the rest of the money that would have gone into the "wise" cash purchase of a car can go into cozy little real estate investments (rental properties) and/or re-investments into a business.

There's nothing particularly special about a C63.. it's a german muscle car that is a fun to drive and has a little panache. In 10 years no one is going to be collecting C63s... it's a throw-away luxury item. I can't imagine the maintenance costs on a 100,000 mile+ C63.. once the factory warranty runs out, I'm running for the hills.
Some people would rather have 100% equity in a depreciating asset than a liability on their credit report. And when it comes down to it, you're paying a LOT just to finance the lease.
Just sayin'.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Some people would rather have 100% equity in a depreciating asset than a liability on their credit report. And when it comes down to it, you're paying a LOT just to finance the lease.
Just sayin'.
AMG cars have ugly leases. Mine is a business lease but you are spot on about the higher lease costs.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 1st amg
I dont and never look down on any C300, C350 or C230 for that matter, you get what you can afford and be proud of it, I do look down on posers and fakers though, but that is another thread and topic which has been discussed many many times.
+1. I also frequent the w204 forums because they may have a common issue on something that we may need help on. Hey...look down on me. I have an old 1986 w201 as a DD. Slightly OT, I dropped by the local dealership in Vegas , Fleecer Jones, in my 190e on several occasions and no one helped me or even acknowledged me. A few of them looked at me and turned away. I ordered my w203 there and that is the last time I will buy a car there. Good thing the service department is a different story.

Last edited by Sincity; 09-11-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
+1. I also frequent the w204 forums because they may have a common issue on something that we may need help on. Hey...look down on me. I have an old 1986 w201 as a DD.
hey having an old merc is something to be proud of, go for that million miles
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I like mine:

Ok...back on topic!
Attached Thumbnails Do M5/M6 owners hate M3 owners?-img_2347.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
I like mine:

Ok...back on topic!
she looks great, well maintained.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Confucius once say: "be sure to fall in love with car itself and not car stereotype. Otherwise you live for others and not for self."
Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 220S
Confucius once say: "be sure to fall in love with car itself and not car stereotype. Otherwise you live for others and not for self."

Now you got to say the line again in CHINESE accent
Old 09-12-2009, 05:39 PM

2010 C63, 2002 Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Just sayin'.
That's only true if the time-discounted opportunity cost is lower than the financing cost.

A lease is actually not a 'balance sheet' item, it is not debt, it is a cash-flow that is matched to an asset. Financing a car would be a debt obligation that would show up on a credit report.

A car lease on the other hand is only used in "debt service ratio" calculations that many lenders use to assess credit worthiness. But seeing as we are talking about $60,000+ cars here and not $5000 used cars with 15% finance rates, I don't think many people are are struggling for income.

The only benefit of holding an asset is it's ability to generate positive cash-flow (like owning an industrial manufacturing machine for example) and/or the leverage it affords you to borrow against it, so that you can INVEST money to stay ahead of inflation and meet the cash obligations of today. Owning a car is equivalent to a city paying cash for a bridge that has a useful life of 50 years. It's folly.

Anyone who runs a business and has to manage cashflow fully understands this. Cash is scarce, and if you run a high-cash-turnover business (like a restaurant or busy retail store), cash is king. It is used to make payroll, purchase inventory and/or pay suppliers. Tying up cash in any asset unnecessarily is poor management since it fails to match the useful life of the asset with the cash it generates.

Now I know some people will say "well ya but my personal life isn't a business".. but this is just being lazy. Most people just don't do the accounting and don't compute the economic costs and benefits of their actions.

Wealth should be grown and protected. Owning a car, by nature, destroys wealth. Leasing a car properly acknowledges that the economic benefit of a car is provided over time and should be paid for over time. The physical car itself is just a (pardon the pun) vehicle for the utility it provides (whether that be basic transportation.. or in the case of the C63.. sheer pleasure).
Old 09-12-2009, 07:04 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
So based on your model, wouldn't it be best to buy a 1-2 year old car that has already taken the brunt of the depreciation hit?
I would imagine that you would maintain your equity at near 100% of purchase over, say, 2-3 years of ownership?