C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

my parked C63 was hit AGAIN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'08 C63 AMG (turned in for lease)
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
Don't mention the mileage until you get them to repaint the car. Get them to do it right.
Yeah bro, I've had that happen to me 3 times in a year
Old 10-02-2009, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
So I'm here at park place bodywerks again. I brought it in for them to take care of the door and I'm also going to have my other hit and run on the rear bumper taken care of. I took pictures of my odometer on the day I dropped it off.

Trip odo: 4733.6
Odo: 25265

I came to pick up my car and the paperwork showed drop off and pick up mileage at 25266/25266. I guess they don't check mileage out at all. They pulled my car up to the front and I look over the work and then I look at the miles.

Trip odo: 4736.9
Odo: 25269

So I took a picture and talked to my rep. I knew that they had a repair facility in the back of the front office and their painting is done right across the street. He mentioned that have another place right around the corner but said the car shouldn't have more than a mile on the car. Then I told him that my car has more than 3 miles on it and the last time it was the same. He seemed surprised and looked at it but didn't seem like he knew what to do. My car door had a clearcoat problem where it looked hazy. So he took it to get it redone said it would take 15 minutes. I've been here longer than that. He said he had pictures from the date of pick up that he will look at.

Now I'm sitting here waiting. And I don't even know what to do with this information. So someone drove my car for however long whether it was necessary or not. But what can they do? What would they do? Do I ask for some kind of compensation?

-posted via my phone. Hopefully it's not too bad
Old 10-04-2009, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c63
Originally Posted by bluejae
So I'm here at park place bodywerks again. I brought it in for them to take care of the door and I'm also going to have my other hit and run on the rear bumper taken care of. I took pictures of my odometer on the day I dropped it off.

Trip odo: 4733.6
Odo: 25265

I came to pick up my car and the paperwork showed drop off and pick up mileage at 25266/25266. I guess they don't check mileage out at all. They pulled my car up to the front and I look over the work and then I look at the miles.

Trip odo: 4736.9
Odo: 25269

So I took a picture and talked to my rep. I knew that they had a repair facility in the back of the front office and their painting is done right across the street. He mentioned that have another place right around the corner but said the car shouldn't have more than a mile on the car. Then I told him that my car has more than 3 miles on it and the last time it was the same. He seemed surprised and looked at it but didn't seem like he knew what to do. My car door had a clearcoat problem where it looked hazy. So he took it to get it redone said it would take 15 minutes. I've been here longer than that. He said he had pictures from the date of pick up that he will look at.

Now I'm sitting here waiting. And I don't even know what to do with this information. So someone drove my car for however long whether it was necessary or not. But what can they do? What would they do? Do I ask for some kind of compensation?

-posted via my phone. Hopefully it's not too bad

3 miles is nothing. Don't sweat it. Maybe some employee took it for a joy ride, but they can't really do much damage in 3 miles.

My previous car had over 20 miles on it when I got it back from the body shop. I don't know if there's anything you can do to not make them joy ride customers cars.

I had freaking 7-8 miles on my c63 when I took it to BEVERLY HILLS MB. BEVERLY HILLS! I didn't even bother checking the mileage when I dropped the car off because I assumed they would see tons and tons of AMGs and other nice cars so why would they feel the need to joy ride my car, right? But no when I compared the sheet to the odometer there was 7-8 more miles on it.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
yeah, it happened twice so i think it's normal for them. it's too bad they don't make a record of it on the paperwork.

when i picked it up, they had to rebuff the door. so he took it to get done. said it would take 15 minutes. so after an hour later, got the car back. still wasn't perfect, and he got some solution and started to buff it by hand. anyway, i checked the odo. and it had .7 miles on it. and i doubt he would have taken it for a ride after i mentioned the mileage to him. anyway, i feel better about it now.