Sponsored by:

Got beaten by a cts-v 2009.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Oliverk
A valid point. Then again, its hard to find a good unbiased source on quality, and I'm sure we agree anecdotes don't prove terribly useful.
Agreed
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-Wus...we_be_friends/
Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by propain
LOL.. your not getting 550-600rwhp out of the CTSV with 2K. Its already Supercharged so your talking big time engine work to achive those numbers. The only thing that will keep it cheaper to mod is GM part. Much cheaper to mod, but still not getting those numbers for 2K.

You must be with the other guy who said a tune and a pulley will give the CTSV 700HP.

Not to hard to get 550-600rwhp out of the C63 either and I have a 6K head start. A tune and a Supercharger on the C63 will probably put it somewhere around 620HP+ Love to see someone do it.

$1500 into the C63 nets 520+ HP and puts it right next to if not ahead of the CTSV. Again... Ill take my 6K in savings. A much better name and quality and put $1500 of it into the C63 and be right next to the CTSV with a better product.

Rice math....
And I gave you the thread...the CTS-V made 615whp. (But I did state it was a while since I read the thread, it also had exhaust and intake, yet only on 11.5psi)

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...s-cts-v-2.html

The C63 would not be near those numbers with, it's bolt ons.

BIg engine work to get hp due to it being already supercharged? LOL Factory forced inducted cars are easy and cheaper to get more hp out of period. Look at the SRT-4, 03-04 Cobra, GT500, 335i, 911 turbo etc - all much cheaper dollar per hp ratio when it comes to mods, compared to n/a variants.

Well it's good to see MB has some fanbois too.

I would take the C63 over the CTS-V as well. But when it comes to the speed game, the V wins.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
And I gave you the thread...the CTS-V made 615whp. (But I did state it was a while since I read the thread, it also had exhaust and intake, yet only on 11.5psi)

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...s-cts-v-2.html

The C63 would not be near those numbers with, it's bolt ons.

BIg engine work to get hp due to it being already supercharged? LOL Factory forced inducted cars are easy and cheaper to get more hp out of period. Look at the SRT-4, 03-04 Cobra, GT500, 335i, 911 turbo etc - all much cheaper dollar per hp ratio when it comes to mods, compared to n/a variants.

Well it's good to see MB has some fanbois too.

I would take the C63 over the CTS-V as well. But when it comes to the speed game, the V wins.
I know it was your thread. You were the one who said a pulley and a tune with net 700+ HP on the CTSV. Its all good and the correction has been made.

The V wins, but not by much. So little in fact that a $1500 tune will put the C63 right next to if not ahead of the CTSV. IMO thats a win and thats why I went with the C63.

Of course you can get into the mod wars from that point on and yes, due to the Caddy being supercharged it will most likely come out on top with bolt ons. The thing with the C63 though is that you can run a NOS 200 shot easily. Give me a K2 and a 200 shot of NOS and id love to give that 600WHP Caddy a run for its money and my pocket will have a lot more money in it also.

Last edited by propain; 09-16-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:46 AM

...fact is that we all know mb aftermarket parts are a fortune. For 6k on a V you'll get probally 600-650 rwhp. To get that on a c63 you'd probally have to dump 20k
Old 09-16-2009, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Razorecko
...fact is that we all know mb aftermarket parts are a fortune. For 6k on a V you'll get probally 600-650 rwhp. To get that on a c63 you'd probally have to dump 20k
For sure.

Ill probably dump 5K into the C63 and give her a 200 shot of NOS for those special moments when I need it. The K2 and the 200 shot will probably give me at least 550WHP maybe even 600.

I really dont need my street machine to be on demand 600-650WHP. 480-500WHP is fine. Anything more than that and thats why I have my MOPAR and GM track cars.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
I know it was your thread. You were the one who said a pulley and a tune with net 700+ HP on the CTSV. Its all good and the correction has been made.

The V wins, but not by much. So little in fact that a $1500 tune will put the C63 right next to if not ahead of the CTSV. IMO thats a win and thats why I went with the C63.

Of course you can get into the mod wars from that point on and yes, due to the Caddy being supercharged it will most likely come out on top with bolt ons. The thing with the C63 though is that you can run a NOS 200 shot easily. Give me a K2 and a 200 shot of NOS and id love to give that 600WHP Caddy a run for its money and my pocket will have a lot more money in it also.
i never said it makes 700+. I said "I think I saw a thread where a CTS-V put down 600whp with a pulley and tune.

And you went of as I was preaching 600whp only pulley and tune as if it were scripture.

Now you are bringing in nitrous?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD's, you know you want to hit but are afraid of the consequences.

Not most likely, it will. I think the highest C63 bolt on dyno i seen was 470whp. That is what the CTS-V puts down stock. I'm sorry while the C63 is a stout car, it will not win the mod game. I wish the C63 was a C55 instead, only having the blown E55K engine.

However, sorry to say, you are starting to sound like one of 2 things...
1. a fanboi
2. a guy now trying to justify his purchase over the slower car vs the faster one.

No one can argue with you if you say you just prefer the C63. It's your prerogative. That right there is the end of the discussion.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
iNitrous is like a hot chick with STD's, you know you want to hit but are afraid of the consequences.Sad but true

Not most likely, it will. I think the highest C63 bolt on dyno i seen was 470whp. That is what the CTS-V puts down stock. I'm sorry while the C63 is a stout car, it will not win the mod game. I wish the C63 was a C55 instead, only having the blown E55K engine.

1. a fanboiNo 18 year old
2. a guy now trying to justify his purchase over the slower car vs the faster one.

No one can argue with you if you say you just prefer the C63. It's your prerogative. That right there is the end of the discussion.
Give it up my friend. As he simply does not get it

YES the C63 is a GREAT AMG

However it is NOT the definitive beats all race car.

Oh well, this thread is just like jogging or beating your head against the wall, AKA it only feels good when you stop

Old 09-16-2009, 04:43 PM

Yes

Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD's, you know you want to hit but are afraid of the consequences.

That's no lie. My Firebird is a nitrous car...lots of gizmos and parts on it to withstand it. The myth that nitrous is cheap always makes me laugh!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Give it up my friend. As he simply does not get it

YES the C63 is a GREAT AMG

However it is NOT the definitive beats all race car.

Oh well, this thread is just like jogging or beating your head against the wall, AKA it only feels good when you stop

Figure out that thing about Ethanol yet dummy? Yeah, you ran out of that thread very fast. Let me know when you want me to make you look stupid again.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
i never said it makes 700+. I said "I think I saw a thread where a CTS-V put down 600whp with a pulley and tune.

And you went of as I was preaching 600whp only pulley and tune as if it were scripture.

1. a fanboi

$1500 and im as fast as a CTSV and I save 4K. Sorry GM fanboi, The CTSV isnt anywhere near as fast as your making it out to be.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Just for the record. Almost every C63 bashing CTSV blowing person in this thread doesnt own either car.

I wonder why they are even trolling this forum other than envy...
Old 09-16-2009, 05:03 PM

Yes
Just for the record. Almost every C63 bashing CTSV blowing person in this thread doesnt own either car.

I wonder why they are even trolling this forum other than envy...

Make no mistake about it, while I do respect the C63 for what it is...I have NO desire to own one. I really don't see how you could gather that I envy you from the cars I own?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Make no mistake about it, while I do respect the C63 for what it is...I have NO desire to own one. I really don't see how you could gather that I envy you from the cars I own?
Why are you on this forum in the C63 section? Just curious.

Edit: Should I be impressed by the cars that you own?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM

Yes
Why are you on this forum in the C63 section? Just curious.

Edit: Should I be impressed by the cars that you own?

I am in here to provide a little more information on the CTS-V that you are so ignorantly suppling information for.

You can feel however you like about my cars...you missed the point; which seems to be common with you.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 G35
Looks like Propain at least owned a CTS-V...
Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by azlane
Looks like Propain at least owned a CTS-V...
I owned a 1st gen CTS-V too. I've been over this...he owned a 1st CTS-V; the 2nd gen is TOTALLY different. Like I said...ignorant information he's providing!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Figure out that thing about Ethanol yet dummy? Yeah, you ran out of that thread very fast. Let me know when you want me to make you look stupid again.
No my friend, I have always have time for special people like you

And yes, please feel free to try to make me look like you anytime you feel up to it

Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
I am in here to provide a little more information on the CTS-V that you are so ignorantly suppling information for.

You can feel however you like about my cars...you missed the point; which seems to be VERY common with you.
I fixed it for you
Old 09-16-2009, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Strange how every thread that makes reference to the CTS-V quickly degenerates into a flamewar.

It's just another car, and not even a direct competitor to the C63. Just relax, folks.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

You can feel however you like about my cars...you missed the point; which seems to be common with you.
Got it, you’re a douche bag troll. That position is filled already we really don’t need any others.

The point you seem to be missing over and over again is this is a MB C63 forum. Its been said numerous time I and others have respect for the CTSV. Unfortunately in your case you need full submission on how the GM and CTSV is a superior product in every way and how the C63 could never touch it. Sadly troll, your not going to get that here. Time to move on.

I see you have a new friend. That dummy the other day tried to tell me that they didn’t add gas to ethanol so it wouldn’t be drinkable. He then scurried away and never discussed it again rather than admitting he was wrong in pretty much the entire thread. Have fun with him! I have no use for him.

Have fun with your jet boat and all your other vehicles. You sure you don’t want to add your BMX bike to that and your skate board?
Old 09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I owned a 1st gen CTS-V too. I've been over this...he owned a 1st CTS-V; the 2nd gen is TOTALLY different. Like I said...ignorant information he's providing!
I was disclosing my experience with the Caddy and GM. The 2009 hasnt been out long enough for you to make that judgement on how wonderful it is yet. Sorry. Your just a fan boy. It doesn’t belong here.

Is the CTSV superior in performance to the 1st Gen? Absolutely. You really cant comment yet on quality or service record yet. It does seem to be much better than the 1st Gen I admit.

My points on the 1st Gen CTSV were more so about GM and its crap quality cars. If you feel that is ignorance than I suggest you lookup the definition.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Hmm...this is interesting. Cadillac dealerships up here in Greater Vancouver (possibly all of Canada?) are offering a 60-day satisfaction guarantee on the CTS-V. Apparently, if you don't feel 100% satisfied with the car, you can return it between 30 to 60 days after purchase (provided you keep the odometer below 4,000 km) and just pay for "vehicle usage fees".

The interesting part is this offer only applies to the manual gearbox-equipped cars.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Hmm...this is interesting. Cadillac dealerships up here in Greater Vancouver (possibly all of Canada?) are offering a 60-day satisfaction guarantee on the CTS-V. Apparently, if you don't feel 100% satisfied with the car, you can return it between 30 to 60 days after purchase (provided you keep the odometer below 4,000 km) and just pay for "vehicle usage fees".

The interesting part is this offer only applies to the manual gearbox-equipped cars.
Quite interesting. I heard the autos are worse in this car than the C63.

This is for the 09's? Good luck finding one.

No one in their right mind would ever return this car!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Quite interesting. I heard the autos are worse in this car than the C63.

This is for the 09's? Good luck finding one.

No one in their right mind would ever return this car!
Oh, apparently it's not just for the CTS-V, but for all Cadillacs. According to the Canadian Cadillac website, it applies to both 2009 and 2010 model year vehicles, with the only proviso being that you must take delivery before November 30th, 2009.

Edit: And as for my earlier reference to this offer only being applicable to the manual cars, that was actually an error on my part. The fine print in the ad was actually pointing out that the claim that this car is "the fastest V8 production sedan in the world" was made with a manual transmission CTS-V, not an automatic one. Sorry for the mistake.

Last edited by SebringSilver; 09-16-2009 at 07:49 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got beaten by a cts-v 2009.