Sponsored by:

Will a flash K1 tune void my warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Will a flash K1 tune void my warranty?

My service manager was kind of hesitant when i mentioned it but she went back to the shop to ask the service tech and came back with the reentec webpage but still would not answer my question about the warranty?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
it is a fine line you walk. Essentially they cannot *see* the tune, however if at some point you burn the motor down (ie broken pistons etc), then they will start to dig to see what happened. IF something like that ever happened, you would need to refer to the Moss-Magnusen act) which relates to warranty claims, the dealer would need to prove that the mods did the damage, and at that point if they can prove it, your warranty on powertrain alone will be void. K1 is a good tune, and done well within a good safety margin, I truly believe you have nothing to worry about, Kleeman would not risk building a tune that was *borderline*.

Last edited by Brian GT PRO; 09-19-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
It is also not a bad idea to find yourself an SA at a dealer that already works on modded cars without any fuss. If your current SA and/or dealer is giving you a hard time, then maybe it's time to shop around for another SA/dealer. That way, you can be completely open about everything. That said, I think most ppl will tell you regards to modding MB's...Kleemann, RENNtech, Brabus, and Carlsson are some of the most well-known, respected, and trusted MB tuners around...so some MB dealers don't mind working on cars modified by those specific companies.

Last edited by sflgator; 09-19-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:04 PM

C63
Originally Posted by sflgator
It is also not a bad idea to find yourself an SA at a dealer that already works on modded cars without any fuss. If your current SA and/or dealer is giving you a hard time, then maybe it's time to shop around for another SA/dealer. That way, you can be completely open about everything.
Good idea! I can check at Crown Mercedes in B'ham i all was had good luck with those guys when i had my SLK55.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
Dmyrick, there's quite a few threads about this topic. A quick search should help you.