Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry guys but....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys but....

Hey guys, i am a big benz guy but i have a feeling i will not be purchasing the C63 as my inital plans were.

I am looking into buying a Range Rover Sport SC, and i need some help. The suv makes more sense for me right now, and i love the Range Rover.

Do you guys have any helpful hints from past experiences, ownership, friends?? anything would be great

also, i cant find many forums. what are the best forums for land rover?

i am looking for an 2008 range rover sport SC with under 20,000 miles. if anyone has any leads on a good deal, please let me know.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Just remember that range rover has reliability issues. why not consider a ML350?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Another member here came from a range rover SC.. Name on here was PatSC23
Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
I can tell you a bit about the RR Sport SC as two of my close friends own them. For sure the ride is comfortable, the truck is suprizingly fast but cot'damn ive never driven such a gaz guzzler. As for reliability issues, dont listen to what the world says, my friends have owned these cars for two years + and never had issues with them. Whenever I ride with my friend he lets me drive and I absolutely love the driving position and while you are sitting there comfortably everything is at reach.
Best of all is when we drove to Gstaad, the truck performed flawlessly in the snow. It was equipped with new winter tires and itI didnt even feel like I was driving in the snow.

RR is a great choice!!

Did you take a look at the ML550? I read its amazing quick and I love the new facelift, it looks much sexier.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:34 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
RR is the worst choice. Stay far far away.

(Hint: I've had one)
Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
if you want a high probability of making a horrible investment from a reliability perspective buy the RR.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Possible the only car on the planet that depreciates faster than an AMG.

Trending Topics

Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
17' 991.2 S, 15' Sierra Denali 1500, 14' W212 AMG S
STAY AWAY from supercharged RR's and ESPECIALLY SPORT Range Rovers.. We've had an 06 RRS, 08 RRS, 07 RR, 08 RRSS and all the full size supercharged ones had electrical problems and strange engine problems. The car was either leaking anti freeze fluid or eating it. When you would smell the engine oil you would smell a strong stinch of gasoline which means inefficient combustion. The Sport Supercharged I had for 8 months had starting issues. The car would take very long cranks and would randomly not be able to start. Strange issues.. I strongly believe any Range Rover Supercharged is not worth it and any Sport Range Rover is just a Ford Product (BMW Created the interiors and exteriors of the current range rovers.. When ford took it over, they changed a lot of the mechanicals of the Range and created the Sport line). However, our non supercharged full sized Range Rover is doing quite fine. Why not the G-Wagen from mercedes? It seems like a structurally sound car.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 PM

I have driven the new ML550 and that has been my second choice thru this whole process, but the RR is more of a truck and sportier than the ML. i love the ML as well, but i think there is too much of a comfort feature in the ml, that kind of takes away from performance and off road capability in it. off road is not a huge thing with me, but the RR i think will out handle the ml anyday.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:32 PM

C63
I've driven 01 ML430 and 04 RR HSE. I'd pick RR anyday over ML simply b/c RR has superior handling than ML. For such a big SUV like RR, you get better handling than ML, which is unbelievable to me. The RR had many small issues such as electrical problems, some minor mechanical problems, nothing major about the engine. We recently traded in the RR for a 2010 X6M.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 PM

C63
it's a nightmare to drive ml430 with 4 passengers in the vehicle, it's not the same case with RR.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 AM

M-B GLE, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche Boxster (spouse)
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Possible the only car on the planet that depreciates faster than an AMG.
I didn't believe it...but looking at the Automotive Leasing Guide matrix, you are correct once you're past the 24 month interval.

Still, you've got to really work at it to find lower residuals than an AMG. And if you think the 2009 C63 is bad (52% @ 24 months), check out the 2009 E63 (42% @ 24 months). Of course, the entire 2009 E-Class line-up took a hit from the leasing mafia...look at the E550...an incredibly low 39% residual value @ 24 months and 22% @ 60 months.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
my mom has a range rover sport supercharged and even though i like driving small, low cars, it is a pretty badass machine! No problems with it either. Same thing goes for the range rover sport she had before! So i recommend buying it... but i'd still take the c63 any day having driven both cars.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I had an 06 Ranger Rover Sport S/C. Nice experience with absolutely no problems with it. I also had a first year LR3 that was problematic. The Sport S/C keeps its value pretty well for a luxury SUV. Drove fantastic with the Dynamic Response suspension, unbelievably flat cornering with it. Style-wise, I think its the best out there.

I traded it in for a full size Ranger Rover S/C and even though it is luxurious, I'm going to trade it back for the face-lifted 2010 Sport. I miss the sporty drive of the Sport, and my kids are now bigger so they don't need car seats, so they can fit fine in the Sport. The big Ranger has more space in the rear, if that's important to you. Buy a sports car from a sports car company, buy an SUV from an SUV company.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 PM

Great advice from everyone thanks, but is there any good forums i can use as well?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by timmys4
Great advice from everyone thanks, but is there any good forums i can use as well?
A simple Google search:

RangeRovers.net • Index pageRange Rover Sport Forum A venue for technical discussion about the Range Rover Sport. ... A technical forum for the great Classic Range Rover 1970-95 ...

MKIII Forum - P38A Forum - Sport Forum - Classic Forum
www.rangerovers.net/forum/ - Cached - Similar
Range RoversRange Rover Forums exceed 217000 posts, all searchable! August/September 2009. More information on Front Diff failure/lockup on RR Sport and LR3 ...
www.rangerovers.net/ - Cached - Similar

Show more results from www.rangerovers.net
Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum - Powered by vBulletinPost Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Freelanders. Land Rover National Event at. ...

Discovery - LR3 - Range Rover - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds
landroverforums.com/ - Cached - Similar
Range Rover - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forumforum, land, p38, rover Traction Failure 2002 P38. nazdackster. Yesterday 09:21 AM by krazzz · Go to last post · 5, 136. 2010 Armoured Range Rover ...
landroverforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19 - Cached - Similar
Land Rovers Only - Land Rover ForumOur Land Rover Forums include the most extensive discussions about Land Rovers. We host forums about a range of Land Rover models including the Series Land ...
www.landroversonly.com/forums/ - Cached - Similar
Auto Blogs | Car Forums - Land Rover Range Rover ForumDiscussions directly related to the Land Rover Range Rover — For owners, potential buyers and enthusiasts.
http://www.autotropolis.com/cs/forum...showforum.aspx - Cached - Similar
Range Rover - Land Rover and Range Rover ForumsWelcome to the Land Rover and Range Rover Forums, an online Land Rover forum community where you can join thousands of other owners from around the world ...
http://www.landroverworld.org/forums...isplay.php?f=8 - Cached - Similar
Land Rover Range Rover Forum - A community to discuss news, find ...Land Rover Range Rover Forum - A community to discuss news, find answers, share mods. Model years 1970 - 2010 - CarGurus.
http://www.cargurus.com/.../Question...nge-Rover.html - Cached - Similar
Land Rover Range Rover Forums & Discussions - CarSpace Automotive ...CarSpace Automotive Forums group in the CarSpace automotive forums by Edmunds.com.
townhall-talk.edmunds.com/.../ed_displayMakeModelRelatedDiscussions!make=Land%20 Rover... - Cached - Similar
Land Rover ForumsLand Rover and Range Rover Forums Community. Love Land Rovers? So do we! Come hang out at Land Rover World.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:27 AM

W204 C63 AMG, E60 530i, E46 325i
X5? X6? Why does it have to be ML?

Unless someone can post clear written statistics of a large proportion of other makes of vehicles having issues in comparison to an ML, then it's no reason not to get the RR. If you like it, get it. Not ever car has to be a Benz...

A last time I checked, Benz have issues too. It's not like no Merc rocks up to my partner's fathers Euro workshop without some form of issue. I say the RR if you really like it, look after it and make sure to look up any common issues if there is a large batch of them; and then fix/repair/prevent/minimize issues accordingly.

No saying don't consider the ML, X5 or X6, but its you car. Your preference is priority number one.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:32 AM

I have thought about the X5 and X6 as well. The X5 is very nice, but to me, its missing something. I cant put my finger on it, but something just is not my type with the styling. Some views, i think it looks great and then other its bland. The inside, has a great dashboard, but im not keen on center dash buttons.

As much as i love the idea the X6 tries to accomplish, i hate the styling. its another car, i keep trying to like. i saw one last night and it just does not look good and the guy inside looked so funyn and uncomfortable in it, i had to laugh at him.

it really has come down to the RR or the ML and i really think the ML will drive more than a car/van than an Suv/truck, which is why i like RR.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:39 AM

W204 C63 AMG, E60 530i, E46 325i
Yeah the X6 can feel a little cramped, but nevertheless; I honestly don't think its that bad looking as people make it out to be. Id very much prefer this:

to this...just looks to much like any other standard, daily-driver 4WD or SUV?? What ever you Yanks call it?

If you can push to afford an X5 M, end of story. If not, go for the RR.

Last edited by iftwb; 10-16-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM

I cant afford any of those, i am looking for an 08 RR Sport with low mileage. I should be able to find a great deal becuase you all say they dont hold their values. Well thats good for me in this situation.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
What we can see here is that the people who have had experience with the RR have not had any serious problems & those who listen to all the BS talk are the ones who are telling you to stay far away.
I saw go test drive one, if you like it go for it if not go somewhere else. If you dnt plan on keeping the car 5years + dnt worry about reliability, let the next owner deal with that.