Sponsored by:

Any power pully users?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Of course they make gains, that's why they've been used since the muscle car era. Why people are still debating it some 50 years later is still unknown. UUC does bring up an interesting point, the gains are more pronounce in lower gears due to the multiplication factor of the lower gears. This in turn makes significant improvements in 0-60 times as well.

At the end of the day... what happens on an engine dyno is irrelevant since nobody takes their engine out of their car and dynos it on an engine dyno. However, on a chassis dyno yes you will see gains of course from driveline mass reduction. At the end of the day the only kind of power that really matters is wheel power... engine power is all theoretical since its impossible to measure once an engine has been installed into the car from the factory.

One thing to add ... the stock C63 pulley is not less than 5lbs... its almost 7lbs. So that thread is incorrect in that regard. Also, the stock C63 pulley is basically underdriven from the factory... its the smallest diameter pulley I have ever seen from MB/AMG by far.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by AMS Performance

One thing to add ... the stock C63 pulley is not less than 5lbs... its almost 7lbs. So that thread is incorrect in that regard.
Ahh, that is a typo in the thread. Good catch.

See the actual photos provided in the before/after post here -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-2010-c63.html

Stock pulley is just over 5-lbs, almost 6-lbs. Granted my bathroom scale is not the most accurate scale in the world, but it's close enough for comparison's sake.

Last edited by superlubricity; 05-04-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
I'll measure it again one more time down to 3 decimal points. I'm pretty sure It was roughly 6.350 (trying to remember from memory, I'll double check again). Either way, the mass reduction is between 2-3 lbs.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
I'll measure it again one more time down to 3 decimal points. I'm pretty sure It was roughly 6.350 (trying to remember from memory, I'll double check again). Either way, the mass reduction is between 2-3 lbs.
Yup, you are right. My scale is certainly off a bit on the low end. I'll have to upgrade.

Quote from Simon in the original pulley thread below.

Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
Stock crank pulley weighs 6.3 lbs
Evosport pulley weighs 4.3 lbs

Mass is mass. I'll take the 2 lbs savings thank you!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None fast enough!
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Four personal friends of mine have installed the Evosport pulley on their cars, and 3 of them have had some type of electrical "hickups" (or issues) soon after the install. When they switched back to stock, the "hickups" stopped. The fourth one have been running without problems so far. Over the past year, I've talked to many more people who got this mod installed and found that opinions are divided on this topic: some say they've had no issues while others have had some (minor though).

The inconclusive nature of this mod has annoyed me for some time now, as I was really considering putting it in my car
Mo, lately you always seem to be jumping in with "anecdotal" stories but no facts that attempt to paint things we do in a negative light.

Please try to stick to facts. If YOU have personal experience with something, then you are qualified to make critical comments. However, posting as you did comes off to the casual reader like you do have facts when you simply don't. Forums and the internet is a fantastic tool for sharing information, as long as that information is factual and accurate. Assumption, hearsay, innuendo all work against that purpose and create more misinformation and cynicism.

If you DO have three friends that have had electrical problems after putting on an evosport pulley, then why have they not contacted us?

One was Rick in San Diego I assume. Well he has certainly come out with enough positives on the forum since he changed his alternator (as we recommended). As we diagnosed at the time, his problems were not related to the pulley but was the car itself. Yes, under driving the system most likely made the problem more recognizable, but the FACT is that it was the alternator, not the pulley modification.

If you have others that have real problems, then they should contact us so the issues can be correctly diagnosed and remedied. That would be far better then having assumption and false allegations float around on the internet, don't you think?

As to your statement about it being "inconclusive" that is simply not true either. As AMS posted, this mod has been around for only about 50 years and has worked on every car it has been applied too. Some motors/cars make more gains then others, but the theory and REAL results are far from inconclusive. Owner after owner can post dyno's of gains and you still find it inconclusive? And this is not just about our pulley - any under drive pulley will make power. Some may have other issues as far as reliability of the pulley or the quality, but not if they will make power.

I believe you have some "grudge" against us (it has been reported to me from many users here and I have had PM's forwarded to me stating as much), so if that is true, let's just call a spade a spade. Maybe you should just call us and talk about whatever issue you have. As far as I can tell, you have never been a customer of our products, so I find it hard to understand why you feel the way you do (or at least the way you tell people in private you do). I PM'ed about a year ago asking you about this as well, and it was never replied to.

Thanks
Brad

Last edited by brad @ evosport; 05-05-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:44 PM

C63AMG
Good Thing

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Four personal friends of mine have installed the Evosport pulley on their cars, and 3 of them have had some type of electrical "hickups" (or issues) soon after the install. When they switched back to stock, the "hickups" stopped. The fourth one have been running without problems so far. Over the past year, I've talked to many more people who got this mod installed and found that opinions are divided on this topic: some say they've had no issues while others have had some (minor though).

The inconclusive nature of this mod has annoyed me for some time now, as I was really considering putting it in my car
What year vehicles, mileage, electrical modifications, Power Package or not?

NO ELECTRICAL PROBS ever on ours, knock on wood, I mean head. We are 7500 miles now, including track time. Haven't done 200 yet, but have explored other parameters. Evosport hasn't done any after service since our pulley install. Has been trouble free. Must be our European air boxes........
Old 05-05-2010, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
Mo, lately you always seem to be jumping in with "anecdotal" stories but no facts that attempt to paint things we do in a negative light.

Please try to stick to facts. If YOU have personal experience with something, then you are qualified to make critical comments. However, posting as you did comes off to the casual reader like you do have facts when you simply don't.
When you say I don't have facts, are you saying my friends never had any electrical problems or are you saying they did but got it resolved after discovering it was something else? And how would you know that? And why would it come off negative when I said opinions were divided.... meaning it was some people's opinions: some people told me they loved it while others said they didn't (again based on their personal experience).

Forums and the internet is a fantastic tool for sharing information, as long as that information is factual and accurate. Assumption, hearsay, innuendo all work against that purpose and create more misinformation and cynicism.

If you DO have three friends that have had electrical problems after putting on an evosport pulley, then why have they not contacted us?
You are assuming they don't exist because they have not come forward. Please note that there are a lot of people out there that don't use forums and don't have the time to argue online. Some don't want to deal with the headache, some prefer to remain anonymous, etc... For the record, I have dyno sheets of before and after the pulley install showing almost 0 gains: yes same conditions, same operator, same car, etc... I will check with the owner if they want me to post them; if they do, I will, but otherwise, I'll respect their wishes.

I believe you have some "grudge" against us (it has been reported to me from many users here and I have had PM's forwarded to me stating as much), so if that is true, let's just call a spade a spade.
Sorry, the "grudge" or issue you are referring to was with Powerchip and not Evosport and it was never a secret. I have referred and recommended Evosport to many guys for certain work on their Mercedes and BMWs in the past, so not sure what you are referring to here?

It's funny that you think that because I was thinking the same thing: I was thinking that you had a "grudge" against me for whatever reason, since you seem to jump on my posts lately.

Maybe you should just call us and talk about whatever issue you have. As far as I can tell, you have never been a customer of our products, so I find it hard to understand why you feel the way you do (or at least the way you tell people in private you do).
Really? I spent over $12,000 with Evosport a couple/few years ago on an upgrade package for my C32 (all for Evosport products) and have been to your shop maybe a dozen times In fact, the person who purchased my car still goes back there for work on the car. He used to go to the dealership until I recommended he goes to you directly

I PM'ed about a year ago asking you about this as well, and it was never replied to.
Thanks
Brad
I never got the PM, which is likely why I didn't reply. If I receive a PM or e-mail, I will reply. If I don't reply, it's either because I did not receive it or couldn't access my e-mail temporarily for some reason.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 05-05-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Evosport is correct
Old 05-08-2010, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63

Please try to stick to facts. If YOU have personal experience with something, then you are qualified to make critical comments. However, posting as you did comes off to the casual reader like you do have facts when you simply don't. Forums and the internet is a fantastic tool for sharing information, as long as that information is factual and accurate. Assumption, hearsay, innuendo all work against that purpose and create more misinformation and cynicism.

One was Rick in San Diego I assume. Well he has certainly come out with enough positives on the forum since he changed his alternator (as we recommended). As we diagnosed at the time, his problems were not related to the pulley but was the car itself. Yes, under driving the system most likely made the problem more recognizable, but the FACT is that it was the alternator, not the pulley modification.

If you have others that have real problems, then they should contact us so the issues can be correctly diagnosed and remedied. That would be far better then having assumption and false allegations float around on the internet, don't you think?

As to your statement about it being "inconclusive" that is simply not true either. As AMS posted, this mod has been around for only about 50 years and has worked on every car it has been applied too. Some motors/cars make more gains then others, but the theory and REAL results are far from inconclusive. Owner after owner can post dyno's of gains and you still find it inconclusive? And this is not just about our pulley - any under drive pulley will make power. Some may have other issues as far as reliability of the pulley or the quality, but not if they will make power.

I believe you have some "grudge" against us (it has been reported to me from many users here and I have had PM's forwarded to me stating as much), so if that is true, let's just call a spade a spade. Maybe you should just call us and talk about whatever issue you have. As far as I can tell, you have never been a customer of our products, so I find it hard to understand why you feel the way you do (or at least the way you tell people in private you do). I PM'ed about a year ago asking you about this as well, and it was never replied to.

Thanks
Brad
I will make this quick and short, I have changed out the evosport pulley at almost every mod change I have done, just to collect data and I can tell you guys all 100% the pulley makes power on "MY CAR" and always the same power 13-16rwhp. I have used over 4-5 dyno's with the same results. That being said, Brad I'm not sure who told you that I change out my alt, I have not, I know some one must have told you that I did because you are not the kind of guy to just state things, you always do state facts as far as I know. Guys please do not take this as Brad just stating but I am sure some one that he trusts must have told him I swaped out my alt. Ok , so moving on, I do still have a slight voltage drop and have had so for about 1 1/2 years now. I have chosen to keep the Evosport pulley on BECAUSE I do show gains on the dyno. Now Brad PLEASE make the other few pullies to match the size ...I'll be the 1st to buy them.. Great job Evo on making high quality parts..
Old 05-08-2010, 01:52 PM

c63 amg
How many people do have dyno graphs to confirm the pulley work?
and how many miles you drove on your engine from installing it?
Old 05-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 AMG
Pulley install yielded 8 wkw on my car. Will scan my dyno results and post.

I have done 52000kms with zero problems.

Car definitely revs up faster with pulley.

I have driven other cars without pulley and same software and there is a difference. My exit speeds are also about 5km/h faster.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:54 PM

c63 amg
Originally Posted by NS_C63
Pulley install yielded 8 wkw on my car. Will scan my dyno results and post.

I have done 52000kms with zero problems.

Car definitely revs up faster with pulley.

I have driven other cars without pulley and same software and there is a difference. My exit speeds are also about 5km/h faster.
God, I hear stories of engine fails and charge problems and so on, and I hear good stories. Which one to believe?)
Old 05-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by c63ukraine
How many people do have dyno graphs to confirm the pulley work?
and how many miles you drove on your engine from installing it?
Independent non-vendor dyno graphs here -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-2010-c63.html

Zero issues after 1,200 miles. No change in voltage and everything is running like day one.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Independent non-vendor dyno graphs here -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-2010-c63.html

Zero issues after 1,200 miles. No change in voltage and everything is running like day one.
Not sure what part of THE PULLEY ADDs POWER is missing? IT ADDS POWER . now do it.. WTF are we missing?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
So why do you need dyno graphs? are we fibbing? come on man I've done this test more that anyone.. It works..
Old 05-09-2010, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
buy the pulley, I'm sure if u think it sucks u will be taken care of
Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...orsepower.html

WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY NOW? !!!

Last edited by C63newdude; 01-24-2012 at 09:58 PM.