Whats with trucks trying to race me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Whats with trucks trying to race me?

These Escalade and Denalis are always trying to run me. Did someone tell these guys they were fast or something? Yes, big engine in the caddy.. Yes.. 400+ HP... Yes 6000 pounds...

They sit next to me and play their little game.. I hit it... Completely pull to 10 car lengths ahead doing 120 (No traffic) Come off the throttle and watch them catch up. I sit in the left lane. Im not getting out of the way of the loser. If he wants to continue to show me how fast he is pass on the right..

No... They run their big *** trucks right to the back of my *** as if they actually caught up and then proceed to ride my *** until I hit it again and smoke them for 300 car lengths doing 150 MPH...

Do I really need to beat these morons by that much so they get it?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
I know exactly what you mean. And BMW X5s are equally guilty of this.

We do have the option, of course, of just completely ignoring them, especially when it's probably much safer for everyone's sake to do so.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I know exactly what you mean. And BMW X5s are equally guilty of this.

We do have the option, of course, of just completely ignoring them, especially when it's probably much safer for everyone's sake to do so.
I dont hit it unless there is no one.. and I mean no one ahead of me for at least 1 mile.

I think they like to play cop. The police around here ride in those trucks. So when they come up on me like that I think.. ohh geezzz.. its the cheese... I inspect their grill and see nothing... PEACE!

For the most part where im from.. Dudes in trucks are total morons.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by propain
I dont hit it unless there is no one.. and I mean no one ahead of me for at least 1 mile.

I think they like to play cop. The police around here ride in those trucks. So when they come up on me like that I think.. ohh geezzz.. its the cheese... I inspect their grill and see nothing... PEACE!

For the most part where im from.. Dudes in trucks are total morons.
Whenever that happens to me, and if I get a chance to punch it a little and pull ahead, they don't come back for more. I can then drive as slow as I want and they pretty much hang back.

It's quite amusing, actually.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
This is the best decision. I see the same with some econo cars as well trying to be competitive. They drive way to aggressive for what those cars are safe for in my opinion.

As the poster experienced many times the person will act like an idiot and ride your *** so I just get out of the way and let them do their thing and save myself the aggravation. Most people are just jackasses IMO so it's best to avoid influencing their asinine ways as much as possible.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by racetested
This is the best decision. I see the same with some econo cars as well trying to be competitive. They drive way to aggressive for what those cars are safe for in my opinion.

As the poster experienced many times the person will act like an idiot and ride your *** so I just get out of the way and let them do their thing and save myself the aggravation. Most people are just jackasses IMO so it's best to avoid influencing their asinine ways as much as possible.
I hate influencing people's asses in even 3 or 4 ways, much less 9.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
I hate influencing people's asses in even 3 or 4 ways, much less 9.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
All of this "***" talking is getting me interested......
Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Here in SA Texas most RN's think their trucks are GT2 class race cars. Crack me up. Love to blow the doors off the D&Ders (Dumb and Dumber) in their TD's. Wait till you get them on a few "twisties".....have had several run of the road and hit curbs etc...Really a waste of time.

JohnJ
SA Texas
09'C63 AMG + PP+H&R (-15mm)
06 GTI-DD-Many Mods
Old 10-22-2009, 09:35 PM

C63
Funny thing is, this happened to me tonight too. I had my wife and 4 yr old daughter in the car and pull up to a red light. Didn't pay much attention to what was beside me. Directly across the intersection the traffic merged into 1 lane, so I was the one that need to merger over in front of the vehicle beside me. So light turns green and the Chevy Z71 decides it was going to take off and try to beat me so I couldnt merge. Well, needless to say he tried, C63 1 - Z71 0. Well Z71 at this point is all over my ***. Lanes spread back from 1 lane to 2 and we roll up to next light. As Z71 pulls up beside me he is redlining the poor truck letting his straight pipes wail. He was bound and determined to win. I could hear him winding it up hard on the brake before the light changed. Green - he took off, I let him go, my family and my car is more important than risking it on busy public roads trying to teach some young buck. I don't get it either. Big motors dont necissarily equal fast. My daily driver is a Chevy 2500HD Diesel Duramax - with programmer it is making 460HP and ~ 565ft.lb but it weighs 8000lbs. Yea it has power, it would spank the poor Z71 but I use my truck for what it is intended - WORK - not race.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 PM

2014 Lotus Evora S
My experience has been somewhat different. I have never been "respected" on the roads as much as since I got my C63 in May 2009. As soon as they hear me, they seem to clear the way. Even if I never use my unfair advantage to race anybody, I like the feeling to be the king of the roads.

The only cars who dare to race me are those 1990 Golf, Civic or Corolla, marked with rust and without mufflers. In those situations, I like to tell myself that if I wanted to...but I'll let them live.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
The only cars who dare to race me are those 1990 Golf, Civic or Corolla, marked with rust and without mufflers. In those situations, I like to tell myself that if I wanted to...but I'll let them live.
LOL....I had a new Corolla S do a jump on me at the light. They must have thought I was driving a C300 (no disrespect to our fellow brethren).
Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 AM

2004 Acura EL
I'm guilty of being one of those "morons" who wanted to "race" (well not really) a C63...or any higher end AMG...

My reasoning: I drive an Acura EL...127 sweet horsepower and 116lb/tq....I want to see what 450hp+ does Blows my mind every time, but I LOVE hearing these cars roar when they take off leaving me behind..i don't even bother off the line, i just want to hear it. Ironically I also have a 1999 Civic (stock), but I just love hearing the engines of these cars (anything with more than 400hp and in Ottawa, although lots of cars have them, it's rare that I see one.

<- Enough said.

P.S. I don't ride on the car's tail, I will stay behind but with well enough room that I know I can stop safely and he's not upset with me.

Last edited by Ibn Rushd; 10-23-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Ibn Rushd
I'm guilty of being one of those "morons" who wanted to "race" (well not really) a C63...or any higher end AMG...

My reasoning: I drive an Acura EL...127 sweet horsepower and 116lb/tq....I want to see what 450hp+ does Blows my mind every time, but I LOVE hearing these cars roar when they take off leaving me behind..i don't even bother off the line, i just want to hear it. Ironically I also have a 1999 Civic (stock), but I just love hearing the engines of these cars (anything with more than 400hp and in Ottawa, although lots of cars have them, it's rare that I see one.

<- Enough said.

P.S. I don't ride on the car's tail, I will stay behind but with well enough room that I know I can stop safely and he's not upset with me.

I will give anyone a race... anyone. I am the same way. I pulled next to a lambo the other day and started to rev. I knew I couldnt beat him, but I wanted to see how bad the lambo would beat me. (Not that bad to 100 MPH)

Its the "Im a big truck so clear the way or im going to ride your ***" douche bags I hate. I normally slow down when they pull that **** and then when they try to pass speed up... That usually sends the message...
Old 10-23-2009, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
ever raced a heavily modded turbo diesel? i did....guy claimed it had a stage 3 intercooler upgrade, turbo upgrade....etc.....that hugea$$ turbodiesel truck of his destroyed me
Old 10-23-2009, 03:51 PM

Radio Flyer Big Flyer fully loaded with training wheels and NOS
theres a guy that comes to my uncles shop who has a toyota tunda supercharged and makes about 500whp and tq. He also took off all the chrome on the car because he said he hates it so he drives around without a rear bumper or grill which is a little strange (could of just got it painted black?) I have a video of it on the dyno taken from my cell phone but i do not know how to convert it to the proper format. I'll upload it if someone lets me know or if i could email it to someone to do.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 PM

C350 and a Lightning.
I drive a mid to low 12 second truck (depending on tires) and I have to admit, if I line up next to a C63, Im going to want to see how it will do.
But, that being said, I too run into everything wanting to race me, from TD trucks and stock Tundra's to every Evo or WRX that see's me because those that know about my truck, know it's probably good for mid 13's and they want to see how THEY will do.
But, sometimes you just need to resist. You can't street race from every stop light and get away with it.

And my truck is low and small and I would never use it to "intimidate" anyone or ride someones ***, because I care about my paint for one thing.

I would think that you guys fly under the radar for the most part, meaning that a lot of people can't tell the difference between the average C class and the C63.
Which I think is a very cool thing. I would think that you get the opertunity to surprise the crap out of people quite often, as do I.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by propain
These Escalade and Denalis are always trying to run me. Did someone tell these guys they were fast or something? Yes, big engine in the caddy.. Yes.. 400+ HP... Yes 6000 pounds...

They sit next to me and play their little game.. I hit it... Completely pull to 10 car lengths ahead doing 120 (No traffic) Come off the throttle and watch them catch up. I sit in the left lane. Im not getting out of the way of the loser. If he wants to continue to show me how fast he is pass on the right..

No... They run their big *** trucks right to the back of my *** as if they actually caught up and then proceed to ride my *** until I hit it again and smoke them for 300 car lengths doing 150 MPH...

Do I really need to beat these morons by that much so they get it?

I don't know why that bothers you so much. The dued knows hes going to be left in the dust and thats probably why he does it.

For example I drive my G35x more often then the E55 and I have tried more then plenty of times to race a car I know would destroy my G35 but I'm a car enthusiast and I love to see how a 400,500+hp car pulls away from me I just get a kick out of it. It's not personal take it from a guy who does things like those guys in the escalade and denali. They know your car is super fast and they wanna see that bad boy go .