Sponsored by:

This is what I call a RACE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2009 | 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Akademiks
I would elaborate, but I think your defensive post proves my point. Carry on.

Last edited by C63newdude; 10-24-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2009 | 04:30 AM

C63 amg '08, ML 500 '03
wow nice race and here's my fav one just wanna share http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh0Ro...er_profilepage
Old 10-24-2009 | 05:02 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by C63newdude
In other words, the incoherent garbage you spew which you try to pass off as a post, is hardly worth a response.
Old 10-24-2009 | 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by e1000
it was an unbelievable finish but I didn't like how Bergmeister ran Magnussen into the wall. FYI, both were put on probation after this race.
Well it kinda makes sense, Both raced in the DTM back in the day, Magnussen drove for AMG and Bergmeister drove for Audi. You see alot of that sort of driving in the DTM (old and new DTM)
Old 10-24-2009 | 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
I watched dozen of road race races and if you have a slower car you move out of the way, that is the rule of driving clean. This applies everywhere , Formula one, road courses ETC.. You can technically do the PITT maneouver and screw everyone in front of you no?

Would you run a felow cyclist into a cliff while compiting in the tour of France? I wouldn't, that is being a total a$$. If someone is faster let them pass you. Why would you block a guy in a straight that is 100 feet wide?

The Rule? This was a road race with professional drivers driving purpose built race cars, not a track event. Most sanctioning bodies have rules that allow one and only one defensive move at a time to protect a position. It ain't bicycle racing and you don't have to let people by simply because they could run a faster lap time. Both drivers were trying to their best (and admittedly were bad boys). The 911 moved him towards the wall, but the Vette could have lifted.....great finish. Great post ICE.
Old 10-24-2009 | 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Great race! The Vette was the better and faster car but great driving by the GT2 keeping him back.

The Vette cutting off pit road was dirty.. the hit at the end was really dirty. He got what was coming to him. He almost crashed through the line and won though.. Close!
Old 10-24-2009 | 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I watched dozen of road race races and if you have a slower car you move out of the way, that is the rule of driving clean. This applies everywhere , Formula one, road courses ETC.. You can technically do the PITT maneouver and screw everyone in front of you no?

Would you run a felow cyclist into a cliff while compiting in the tour of France? I wouldn't, that is being a total a$$. If someone is faster let them pass you. Why would you block a guy in a straight that is 100 feet wide?

What???????? How un-fun car racing would be if they followed this rule. "Ohh im a little slower... go ahead.. pass me..."

The Porsche had the slower car... only slightly slower. After the Vette passed him on pit road instead of getting mad and making a mistake he waited for the officials to call what he did illegal and wait for the allowed pass. The Vette wasnt beating him by that much, the Porsche just hung back and waited for the decision to be made.

Its easy to be in 2nd place. You got the draft, the line, speed gague, less pressure and can always attack with bumps. You obviously never raced on a track in your life.

The Porsche did overreact pushing him to the wall and it was dirty I agree. It it was the final turn for the win. The vette decided to play the dirty game for the win. He lost.

Spell check is your friend...
Old 10-24-2009 | 02:41 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by propain
What???????? How un-fun car racing would be if they followed this rule. "Ohh im a little slower... go ahead.. pass me..."

The Porsche had the slower car... only slightly slower. After the Vette passed him on pit road instead of getting mad and making a mistake he waited for the officials to call what he did illegal and wait for the allowed pass. The Vette wasnt beating him by that much, the Porsche just hung back and waited for the decision to be made.

Its easy to be in 2nd place. You got the draft, the line, speed gague, less pressure and can always attack with bumps. You obviously never raced on a track in your life.

The Porsche did overreact pushing him to the wall and it was dirty I agree. It it was the final turn for the win. The vette decided to play the dirty game for the win. He lost.

Spell check is your friend...
Neither you or Case1906 should've of even bothered-- the guy is clearly lost.
Old 10-24-2009 | 10:14 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
Originally Posted by Case1906
The Rule? This was a road race with professional drivers driving purpose built race cars, not a track event. Most sanctioning bodies have rules that allow one and only one defensive move at a time to protect a position. It ain't bicycle racing and you don't have to let people by simply because they could run a faster lap time. Both drivers were trying to their best (and admittedly were bad boys). The 911 moved him towards the wall, but the Vette could have lifted.....great finish. Great post ICE.
+1
In the middle of a race, blocking is asking for a spanking from the officials. On the last lap, blocking for first place is a different matter. What we didn't see is if the Corvette had pulled even or ahead of the Porsche before making a hard right. Up to that point, both drivers showed great respect for each other and drove a great race. I sure would like to see a replay from above.
Old 10-24-2009 | 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by GermanCars
+1
In the middle of a race, blocking is asking for a spanking from the officials. On the last lap, blocking for first place is a different matter. What we didn't see is if the Corvette had pulled even or ahead of the Porsche before making a hard right. Up to that point, both drivers showed great respect for each other and drove a great race. I sure would like to see a replay from above.
Look again At 9:49 of video you can clearly see Magnussen (Vette) coming across the front of Bergmeister (Porsche) on his way to the wall.
Old 10-24-2009 | 11:30 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
That's what it looks like to me as well. Which begs the question, what did Bergmeister do to cause the Vette to hang a hard right? I found out during a Firestone Firehawk race series event at Sebring too many years ago that SCCA amateur racing uses a different set of rules than a full contact professional series. And that's OK once you know ropes. Both of these drivers stepped over line a bit, but just a bit. And both would do it again next week given the opportunity. Sure was fun to watch Too bad they can't bend the rules a little and let something like a DTM Merc compete.
Old 10-25-2009 | 06:53 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
A friend of mine just sent me this.....

http://www.racer.com/Bergmeister-and...9/:bump::bump:
Old 10-25-2009 | 07:25 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by GermanCars
A friend of mine just sent me this.....

http://www.racer.com/Bergmeister-and...9/:bump::bump:
It's nice that there aren't really any hard feelings.
Old 10-26-2009 | 11:04 AM

2019 RS5, 2023 GV60, 2023 EQE500
From Corvette forum from Lou Gigliotti...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1571789286-post26.html
Old 10-26-2009 | 08:38 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
Wow, that sucks! I had no idea the Corvette factory team had earned such a reputation. Sounds like Lou needs to field a another car built like a Nascar stocker, a little extra in the front bumper area. If you have to earn their respect, so be it!