Sponsored by:

EBAY X Pipe and 2nd Cat Delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
EBAY X Pipe and 2nd Cat Delete

Just want some input on something I ran across on Ebay! Anybody have any dealings with these guys? Quality? Sound? Any input is appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...Q5fAccessories
Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
He's a sponsor on this site, Brian@GTpro, iirc.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 PM

2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
thats my video that he's linked...no regrets after doing it and Brian is a great guy to deal w/ as well
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
What happened to the "introductory" pricing he promised?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
What happened to the "introductory" pricing he promised?
That was for MBW members who order straight through him, not eBay; can't blame a guy for trying to make more $$ via eBay. IMHO, this mod is not worth that kind of $$. Similar gains can be had via other cats delete mod and even my SS high-flow cats are suppose to add ~ 10-15WHP/TQ although I haven't dyno'd. But, my SS high-flow cats cost $120 for the pair + professional install...nowhere near $700 though; more like $300.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
I will preface this, with the fact that I am NOT trying to argue, or discredit anyone here, my thoughts, experience in the automotive engineering world brings me to my conclusions, take them for what they are worth.

To answer the two above questions.

1. Sin, I need quantity, to drive the cost down, but no one really stepped up, so I have to go another route for now. I may take one more stab at it if I can get enough real interest.

2. Sflgator, I would not compare our Single X pipe to the E-bay offshore cats of questionable origin, MIG welded by a muffler shop. We're talking two different trains of thought. The Single X product is not a "shot in the dark", I've been engineering parts for over 25 years, and have accolades to prove my design work. The sound we have tuned for is also something worth discussing, again no comparison, we have the Single X tuned for a sound frequency via the pulse wave created at that juncture. I feel we have a superior product, by way of 304 stainless steel, TIG welded and purged, a way to reverse and re install the factory 2nd cats should you desire to do so, as well as being a complete in your garage 30-1hr DIY solution..
Old 10-28-2009, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO
I will preface this, with the fact that I am NOT trying to argue, or discredit anyone here, my thoughts, experience in the automotive engineering world brings me to my conclusions, take them for what they are worth.

To answer the two above questions.

1. Sin, I need quantity, to drive the cost down, but no one really stepped up, so I have to go another route for now. I may take one more stab at it if I can get enough real interest.

2. Sflgator, I would not compare our Single X pipe to the E-bay offshore cats of questionable origin, MIG welded by a muffler shop. We're talking two different trains of thought. The Single X product is not a "shot in the dark", I've been engineering parts for over 25 years, and have accolades to prove my design work. The sound we have tuned for is also something worth discussing, again no comparison, we have the Single X tuned for a sound frequency via the pulse wave created at that juncture. I feel we have a superior product, by way of 304 stainless steel, TIG welded and purged, a way to reverse and re install the factory 2nd cats should you desire to do so, as well as being a complete in your garage 30-1hr DIY solution..
Brian,

No disrespect intended; it appears you offer quality products no doubt. However, the high-flow cats I purchased online (NOT from eBay) are high-quality, full stainless steel (with metal substrate inside; not ceramic) made here in the U.S.A. (actually they're made in my neck of the woods...Pompano Beach, FL). The "muffler shop" you referred to that I went to to have my high-flow cats installed has actually been in business at the same location for > 30 years. The owner is also extremely experienced in high-flow, racing exhaust systems. I believe they welded them on via TIG welds and did a great job. Interestingly enough, when he took one look at my oem stock AMG exhaust, he said, "wow, there's not much I can do here; AMG made a fantastic exhaust.". He did mention removing the resonator and putting in an X-pipe for sound; not necessarily for more HP/TQ, since he felt the non high-flow secondary cats are the power robbing culprit here. In his experience, a good set of high-flow cats would also do the job as well. He offered a SS X-pipe, but for much less than $700...sorry. Personally, I don't need my exhaust to be louder, so I declined. I think the C63 AMG stock exhaust sounds just about perfect as is. Although it's a fantastic idea that your X-pipe can be easily removed to "go back to stock (with oem cats), it is my understanding that these things really should be welded on to ensure no leaks or other issues. I wish you luck with your products!

Last edited by sflgator; 10-28-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Brian:

I thought you were going to explore a different route like making straight pipes (after dyno to see if there were gains) to keep costs down? IIRC, from the original thread, there was a discussion that possibly the gains were not from the x-pipe but rather the secondary cats deletion because our resonators already have an equalizing tube like an h-pipe. I think there were a few others that expressed interest in a lower-cost solution because we like the idea of being able to easily revert to the secondary cats as needed.

BTW-you and the daughter feeling better?

Last edited by Sincity; 10-28-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
Awesome and objective. There are multiple things driving a higher price for our product at the moment that we are exploring, however, yes as you mentioned, it is totally reversable, and was tuned a certain way for my liking. We also have to account for all the hardware items included, the Wurth gel, and tools included in our kit.

Sin, the straight pipes are still on the burner, just trying to get my life back on track.. (went to see the Radiologist this morning, she says everything "appears" ok, but we will know late next week when they give the final analysis). My daughter is still coping with pain, but not life threatening, just a PIA for us both, thanks for asking!!