SPECIAL NOVEMBER PRICING: Evosport 63 AMG ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz AMG
SPECIAL NOVEMBER PRICING: Evosport 63 AMG ECU Upgrade

GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR ENGINE AT A GREAT PRICE

Now through the month of November, Evosport is pleased to offer our evo1 ECU Upgrade for all Mercedes-Benz 63 AMG vehicles at a special price of $1,480. That’s over $500 off our regular price of $1,990! Hands down, the BEST bang-for-the-buck upgrade for the 63 AMG. Hurry, this offer is ONLY good for through the month of November- no exceptions!

Includes a 14-day money back guarantee and 3-year warranty. And at the special price, there’s no reason to not make the move now. Available for 91 or 93 octane.

To order click HERE.

Power Gains:
• 63 AMG Vehicles (not C63): +30 HP/30 FT-LB
• C63 AMG: +50-70HP/40 FT-LB

Below plot is from an ML63 showing before and after on CA 91:

Feel free to call or e-mail us with any questions.

Last edited by Simon @ evosport; 10-31-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:20 PM

C63 AMG
In the graph you're showing, does the red line correspond with stock and the blue with the Evosport upgrade? If so, a gain of 23 whp doesn't equate to 50-70 hp at the crank..
Old 10-30-2009, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
I think the two plots are the 91 and 93 octane
Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Even Money
If thats accurate, than thats an impressive number for 93 octane.

These dyno numbers are from a C63 with only an ecu upgrade
and no other modifications?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:06 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Even Money
Oh okay, that would make sense too.. Did you guys do a baseline dyno?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
362 whp on a Mustang dyno.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:49 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Boost Gomez
In the graph you're showing, does the red line correspond with stock and the blue with the Evosport upgrade? If so, a gain of 23 whp doesn't equate to 50-70 hp at the crank..

I've edited the post to hopefully clarify this. The plot is not from a C63, but an ML63 showing before and after on CA 91. The gains from a 63 AMG is about 30 HP, but much more on a C63. We give back what the factory took away and then add on top of that. So depending on modifications for C63, we can provide an additional 50-70 HP over stock with just software.

You can quickly search or look at the STICKY posts in this forum for plots and graphs from a C63 with our software and pulley.

THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST UPGRADE FOR A C63 GIVEN COST AND GAINS!

Feel free to review our Product Guide for the C63 AMG >> CLICK HERE
Old 11-02-2009, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
So depending on modifications for C63, we can provide an additional 50-70 HP over stock with just software.

Now you offer up this sweet deal! I just did K1 last week. Arghhh.......

So if no mods and just 91 octane, then 50 HP is a realisitic number?
Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by Sincity
Aren't the K1 and Evo1 just about the same, hp/tq and $$$? Or does one have an advantage over the other?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 PM

C63, SLK, F150
Sin, maybe you can "ask" for a rebate on what you just got, they should be able to.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 AM

2015 C300 4matic
what does the 3 year warranty cover?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:22 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by exdes
+1
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity

So if no mods and just 91 octane, then 50 HP is a realisitic number?
Yes, 50 HP is definitely there

Originally Posted by exdes
The Powerchip warranty will cover you for 3 years (6 years warranty*is available for additional $190), against any issues associated with the software changes provided. Not that we expect any... although it is nice for some piece of mind! If the software is shown to have caused a failure, it is 100% covered by this warranty.
Fortunately for us all, this is not something that has ever occured. Powerchip utilizes a proprietery '7-step development process', each software upgrade is designed in such a way that the engine becomes more efficient. When the engine is running at its optimum efficiency, there is no chance for damage.
The best aspect of this upgrade is that it is electronically and physically undetectable. In fact, the only way you can tell that anything is installed is by going for a drive and feeling the improved throttle response and increased acceleration/pull.
In addition to the 3 year warranty, each Powerchip also comes with a 14-day satisfaction guarantee to ensure you are totally happy with the improvement.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:53 PM

2010 C350 Arctic White/Black
so dale, what are the mbusa warranty implications? is it undetectable by mbusa? i'm in the metro ny area - would i have to ship out my ecu? how can i get more details? tia...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
Originally Posted by vrusso
so dale, what are the mbusa warranty implications? is it undetectable by mbusa? i'm in the metro ny area - would i have to ship out my ecu? how can i get more details? tia...
As with any modification, the dealer can and most times will always try to deny or void warranties for modifications. As for software, it is invisible to the factory diagnostic tool.

You would pull your ECU and ship it to us and we will re-flash and overnight it back to you. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Dale
Old 11-10-2009, 05:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
What do you charge if the dealer accidently reflashes the ECU when you take it in for maitnence?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Jae Duk
What do you charge if the dealer accidently reflashes the ECU when you take it in for maitnence?

$150 reflash fee plus any applicable shipping.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Tune

Can you comment on the specifics of the tune:
AFR vs RPM? Have you dyno tuned with the chip and a wideband?
How is fuel efficiency affected? Does it improve like other tunes for domestics?
Is this addressing the (Detune issues) of the US C63's which supposedly close the throttle bodies XX% as rpm increases? Do we get to WOT now with this tune?

How difficult is it to remove the ECU? 10 min exercise with hand tools or something more involved? Any tattle-tale tape on the ECU which would indicate tampering to the Dealership?

Pardon all the questions..... just doing my homework Before adding some go-go power

Jeff
Old 11-16-2009, 03:32 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
Originally Posted by betrezra
Can you comment on the specifics of the tune:
AFR vs RPM? Have you dyno tuned with the chip and a wideband?
How is fuel efficiency affected? Does it improve like other tunes for domestics?
Yes, one of the most important aspects of any tune is to ensure that the air fuel ratio is perfected. We also log this information on our dyno when testing the final version. Often increases and decreases in performance are made and lost with the air fuel mixtures... and Powerchip is always very precise in hitting the correct numbers.

In general, the fuel efficiency is improved. This means that you should save a little gas (especially freeway cruising). Unfortunately, this will not turn your car into a Prius or anything... however every little saving counts.

Is this addressing the (Detune issues) of the US C63's which supposedly close the throttle bodies XX% as rpm increases? Do we get to WOT now with this tune?
Correct. We are able to open the throttle further, change the torque limitations and perform a number of other engine tuning related functions... to give you the car you should have gotten from the factory!

How difficult is it to remove the ECU? 10 min exercise with hand tools or something more involved? Any tattle-tale tape on the ECU which would indicate tampering to the Dealership?
It is 10 - 15 minutes. Open hood, remove black pastic cover to ECU (passanger side) to expose the unit. Unplug both connectors and slide out of position. I can e-mail you instructions on this process as well.

Pardon all the questions..... just doing my homework Before adding some go-go power
No problem on the questions. My pleasure

Dale
Old 11-16-2009, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
@@

Great info.

Also does the C63 tune vary with IAT (inlet air temp)? As the intake heat soaks does the ecu pull timing to avoid detonation?

Does the tune address street driving conditions with a heat soaked motor too?

The trouble we have with "some" tuners in houston.... they'll tune for max power on the dyno with a cool motor... (IAT's 100-150).... but you get stuck in traffic and either the engine pulls too much timing...... or if you're unlucky the tune doesn't address the heat soak and does not pull timing and you get detonation. This is more critical after a blower install, but still curious about the sophistication of these tunes.......

Do the C63's have knock-sensors that will pull timing if knock is detected?

Again thanks for listening to my noooooob-i-ness

Jeff
Old 11-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
Jeff,

Yes the computer will compensate by pulling timing if the IAT's get up there. Remember we are maximizing parameters per RPM but the stok computer still has the ability to adjust to different driving conditions. The 63 engines are very sensitive to IAT's so we have worked extensively in this area to keep the tune constant.

Yes it does have knock sensors. We have pushed the envelope with this engine and the tune is solid no matter what conditions may occur.

No problem Jeff.

Dale
Old 11-25-2009, 04:57 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
LAST FEW DAYS OF NOVEMBER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER!

Get in on this deal before the end of the month. That’s more than $500 savings over our regular price. The BEST bang-for-the-buck upgrade for the 63 AMG! Hurry, before the month ends!

Dale
Old 01-23-2010, 12:12 AM

C63 AMG
I just completed installation of the Evosport ECU Upgrade 1 in my 2010 C63 AMG and there was a good performance gain. Then I removed the charcoal filters and installed K&N filters. This was a huge improvement. The air flow gains really add to the ECU Upgrade. I would say that the ECU Upgrade really expects that you are adding some other minor improvent to air flow. The more air you can flow, the more horsepower you can make. I will vouch for Evosport that my C63 AMG with just K&N and their ECU Upgrade is a good 525 HP machine that is spanking all-comers in the $90K and lower price range and believe me they try. I am adding the Euro-model upper air intake boxes from Evosport and their crankshaft pulley/damper and secondary cat delete with Evosport resonators. All these items should add more power.

In the future I will upgrade the rear brakes and rear end LSD with hopefully a gear change.

Last edited by pflaummark63; 01-23-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-26-2010, 12:37 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
Mark, glad you are happy with the tune. The Air boxes will get to you in a day or so and you will see even more gains. Once the pulley and exhaust arrive get ready to spank that Camaro.

Dale
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 PM

335i e90 / C63 / R6
so tempting

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPECIAL NOVEMBER PRICING: Evosport 63 AMG ECU Upgrade