Sponsored by:

How do you change fogs on a C63??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
How do you change fogs on a C63??

How do you change the fogs for the C63? Does it require having the front bumper taken off? I'm doing it right now and I am stuck not knowing what to remove. Completely different than a regular c-class.

thanks,
Old 11-15-2009, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Iridium Silver C63
Are you trying just to replace the lightbulbs or the entire assembly? Lightbulbs are fairly easy with no need to remove the bumper cover. Just remove the front wheel and the black plastic fender liner by removing a few plastic fasteners and two or three bolts on the front undercarraige liner. Gently pull the fender liner out and back (it won't come off completely unless you remove all the fasteners towards the back but no need). That should give you access to stick your paw in there and twist the lightbulnb connector and pull it out.

I replaced my right side foglight assembly when a rock broke the lens without having to remove the bumper cover but it was a HUGE pain in the ***. I can't speak for the left side, but there is virtually no clearance to stick a torx screwdriver in there to remove 2 of the 4 screws that attach the foglight to the bumper cover due to the location of the oil cooler. Proceed as decribed above for the lightbulb removal. There are 4 torx screws that need to be removed. The two on the right side can be reached with a long torx driver or T-style allen wrench. The next two steps are sort of unconventional but in my opinion, the only way to remove the two screws on the left side without either removing the oil cooler or the bumper cover. Remove the chrome plastic housing by prying loose the tabs that attach it to the bumper cover. Be careful not to break them as they seem fairly brittle. Removing it is kinda tricky and you'll just have to prod and push/pull until the tabs release. Once the chrome housing is removed, you can remove the 2 remaining screws by loosening them with needle nose pliers from the reverse side, i.e you'll be standing in front of the car and grasping the pointy end of the screw with the pliers. Be careful not to scratch the paint as you turn the pliers. It might take a few turn to loosen them up enough to the point where you can go back under the car and unscrew them the rest of the way with your fingertips. Once all 4 screws are removed, just pull the assembly back and out and put the new one in there and reverse the steps. Again, sort of unconventional but it could save you 2+ hours of labor at the stealership.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
wow! thanks for the reply man! I was trying to change the bulbs for the fogs. I guess I'll give it a try next week or until I find another set of fogs that match. Crystal Vision ULTRAs don't match very well at all.