Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by cbcharlie
what ever happened to the video?
probably got censored from all the swearing at the level of difficulty installing the rears

But it's not brain surgery. You remove rear door panel, and either
a) snip the nub, and shave the sides to get the brabus pin to fit snugly over it
or
b) take of the pin entirely, and use rubber cement or shaved hollow center rubber tubing to pressure hold the cap over the exposed inner door pin
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the amg rear door pin require shaving off the plastic rear door pin?

Last edited by perdikoula888; 05-03-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by perdikoula888
Does the amg rear door pin require shaving or tha plastic rear door pin?
Nope. Just pull off the plastic pin and pop on the AMG one - takes 2 minutes.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you installed original AMG door pins to your w204 car? Can you tell me please how to remove the front door pins and how to remove the rear door pins? also do you have to remove the front or back door cards/panels?

I tried to unscrew anticlockwise the front door pins but they don't appear to unscrew and I am afraid that I might damage them if I use more force. Likewise, I tried to pull up the read door pins in the hope that they are going to pop off but no luck and again I am afraid that I might damage them if I use more force.

If you have a how to guide/photos/video would also be very helpful. I also checked mercedes workshop wis database but did not find any info for this retrofit or door pin removal. Please let me know asap. Thank you in advance for all the help.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by perdikoula888
Have you installed original AMG door pins to your w204 car? Can you tell me please how to remove the front door pins and how to remove the rear door pins? also do you have to remove the front or back door cards/panels?

I tried to unscrew anticlockwise the front door pins but they don't appear to unscrew and I am afraid that I might damage them if I use more force. Likewise, I tried to pull up the read door pins in the hope that they are going to pop off but no luck and again I am afraid that I might damage them if I use more force.

If you have a how to guide/photos/video would also be very helpful. I also checked mercedes workshop wis database but did not find any info for this retrofit or door pin removal. Please let me know asap. Thank you in advance for all the help.
The front pins require some force - that's the way they're made. The back ones literally pull off. Grab the pin, pull straight up, and ta da.