Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno'd Today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Jeff: Dump some soy sauce as an octance boost to regain your lost HP. Try Lee Kum Kee Low Sodium.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by Sincity
Jeff: Dump some soy sauce as an octance boost to regain your lost HP. Try Lee Kum Kee Low Sodium.
Given the German origins of his car, shirley (sic) he should use Bratensauce instead?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Originally Posted by Dads C63
they wanted to know what was going on but it was too late then
Hahaha, that's a great line...
Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Given the German origins of his car, shirley (sic) he should use Bratensauce instead?
Soy sauce is easier to find in Vancouver. I haven't heard that "Shirley" line in a while....LOL.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by avengerboater
I keep reading about these "dealer reflashed ECU back to stock" at the 10k services. How credible are these "claims?" Are there any one with real experiences and hard evidence that their ECU was matter-of-factly reflashed back to stock by the dealership? Can any tuners (Kleemann, LET, PC) or users attest to these stories? I recently got my ECU flashed and it would suck if I have to send my ECU back to Kleemann after every 10k service.
At this point in time, there are zero open recall or service campaigns for the C63's. I've done well over 100 C63 flashes since the cars were introduced, and not a single one has been overwritten by a dealer. I've done several hundred 63's (inclusive of all models- C, CL, CLS, E, S, SL, ML, R etc.) and I've had only one come back due to a dealer re-flash. I believe it was a very early-production W211 E63 if I recall correctly. I've had several clients send in their ECU's due to a suspicion of the dealer flashing over the tune software, but only one instance of it actually happening.

If you're driving a C63 with ECU tune only, it will be obvious if your dealer has re-flashed- you'll be missing ~50 WHP (depending on who's tune you have)- hard not to notice that. If you're driving any 63 with either high-flow or no primary cats, you'll eventually get a CEL for catalyst inefficiency- not right away though- it typically takes 120-150 miles of driving.

KLEEMANN charges $100 to re-load the tuned software should your dealer flash your ECU- that covers time and return shipping.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:29 PM

C63 AMG
How recent is your PC tune? I know that Travis and those guys are always updating the tune. I had a version from about a year ago, got it reflashed about 2 months ago and the improvement was definitely noticeable.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Originally Posted by MacGCU
How recent is your PC tune? I know that Travis and those guys are always updating the tune. I had a version from about a year ago, got it reflashed about 2 months ago and the improvement was definitely noticeable.
The tune was in oct or sept
Old 01-29-2010, 04:54 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Cory @ Kleemann
At this point in time, there are zero open recall or service campaigns for the C63's. I've done well over 100 C63 flashes since the cars were introduced, and not a single one has been overwritten by a dealer. I've done several hundred 63's (inclusive of all models- C, CL, CLS, E, S, SL, ML, R etc.) and I've had only one come back due to a dealer re-flash. I believe it was a very early-production W211 E63 if I recall correctly. I've had several clients send in their ECU's due to a suspicion of the dealer flashing over the tune software, but only one instance of it actually happening.

If you're driving a C63 with ECU tune only, it will be obvious if your dealer has re-flashed- you'll be missing ~50 WHP (depending on who's tune you have)- hard not to notice that. If you're driving any 63 with either high-flow or no primary cats, you'll eventually get a CEL for catalyst inefficiency- not right away though- it typically takes 120-150 miles of driving.

KLEEMANN charges $100 to re-load the tuned software should your dealer flash your ECU- that covers time and return shipping.
Thanks, Cory! Good to know!