Sponsored by:

Feeler : AMG Carbon Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
We are taking all that you say very seriously. I have spoken to Dadsc63, and I am cultivating some ideas and we will be working together to bring somehting to market that we feel is much needed in regards to CF hood/intake situation. ALL other ideas with merit are being considered as well. Chris and I will be refining these ideas and figuring out what is most feasable/responsible to build first.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:33 AM

11 R8 V10 Cab / 12 Scion IQ / 11 Toyota Sienna / 07 CL550 / 09 C63 / 91 NSX / 00 S2000 / 01 TypeR
Callmiro : Sweet , Very nice.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:26 PM

C63, IS-F
I second a CF hood/intake idea with subtle heat extracting vents. That would be a hot item.

L
Old 02-06-2010, 09:22 AM

2020 GLE450
What about a simple carbon panel that replaces the glass sunroof? I've seen requests for a complete carbon roof but I think a simple panel that eliminates the glass and fits and opens as a stock roof would yield a less expensive and easier to install option.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Yes a vented bonnet would be a great idea
Old 02-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63
Originally Posted by justthebest
Anything you can offer - at more REASONABLE prices. Granted, quality isn't cheap, but $1k for a simple air box is a bit extreme in my view. I think with the seemingly inflated prices for these products from the preponderance of vendors, lower prices would translate into a larger volume of sales, making it workable.
Very true will definitely work on keeping the cost reasonable. But do keep in mind this is all pre-preg carbon. Extremely light weight functional, strong and High quality.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63
Originally Posted by NS_C63
Intake for me. Car needs more air.
That is actually top of our list. We are going to be doing the airbox in Carbon and Carbon Kevlar. we will start development in the coming months.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63
Originally Posted by NA1-T
Let's do a Dry Carbon Child Seat with DOT, Dry Carbon Stroller, Dry Carbon Umbrella
I am with you on that and I do not have little ones yet but the child seat is awesome.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63
Originally Posted by manilamerc
VATH style chin

Originally Posted by Dads C63
Just an FYI. For those of you asking for a C/F trunk lid be careful lightening up the rear of these cars. We need weight off the front but not the rear. Stock the front carries 54% and rear carries 46% of the weight. Just my 2 cents worth.
Thanks beat me to it
Old 02-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63
Originally Posted by -michael-
ROOF!!!!!! W/O Sunroof PLEASE
Trunk
Starless grille (get that cheap one from ebay (the one that MNL ICE had installed) and make it is CF)
Yeh a roof with sunroof delete is also in the works. Trunk would look great But I am hesitant to pull more weight off the rear. but for 50/50 weight and overall lb. loss that might work for some.

Originally Posted by Dads C63
Brian,
Would someone PLEASE design a new Ram Air hood that is functional with a new intake. You can easily get a much larger filter placed on top of the engine and have it feed directly into the two existing MAF sensors. The actual diameter where the air enters the intake at the back is large enough to support extra horsepower. However, getting the air back there is the challenge. I believe the intake tube size is sufficient but getting the air to the MAF's is the problem and gets worse with more mods. I know that tuning is an issue if we try to move the MAF's or delete one so I would focus on leaving the stock MAF's right where they are and more volume better cleaner colder air to them.

I know the photoshop is a little lame but you have to imagine that the current two raised fins would come up and then stay flat all the way across creating a center raised area. Perfect set up for ram air. Large single panel filter underneath that feeds the two stock MAF's.
Definitely something we will look into.

\