Sponsored by:

Traded in the C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
Originally Posted by kickR
The Q5 looks very nice, inside and out. I saw a black Q5 S-line the other day, and it looked sharp.

Looks IMO Q5 > M-Class
I agree and it looks dated to me now. We drove one and it was so under powered it was ridiculous. It was used, so maybe something was wrong with it??? We also had a GLK for two days while I replaced the tires on the C. I almost pulled the trigger on it because I was getting tired of looking for cars and liked it. But MB was playing numbers games on both it and my trade #. Every dealer offered me 5k more than what MB wanted to invest. We went and drove the Cayenne GTS too. I love the cayennes, but even with a 10K discount the truck was 79k and didnt even have the Porsche entry and drive. The wife was like WTF. Why spend 80k and not get what you want. We had looked at the Q5 briefly but I didnt like the way it looked I was going to buy the GLK on Wed and Tuesday night we saw a Q5 on the road. I thought it looked much better and went back to the Audi dealer. He said we had only seen the plain truck and had a S-Line at storage he could show us. She said she liked the Q5 and when we saw it in the S line we were SOLD on it. Now that I have driven it for a week I am so glad I didnt buy either the GLK, GTS, or ML. The Audi just fell into place which is cool. Two weeks ago the plan was a GTS for her and a C for me. Now it looks like what I would've spent on the GTS I will have almost two brand new Audi's Part of me still wants a CLK BS or C63 so I can do a track day from time to time, but I really need to think of the little guy. It might need to wait a little while. I'm hoping the S4 will have enough spirit and be fun on the track??? I'm gonna take two weeks to sort it out. I considered buying a BS and trying a seat conversion in the back. We have the Q for daily and the BS would only be for me, track days, and emergencies if the wife is at work. Has anyone seen it done??? Probably a crazy idea anyways? What to do????