C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

found adv1's on a c63

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, BMW 135i
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
between 5-8mm, the front is even closer. Hence, the only way to get more depth is for the wheels to pushed out more (lower offset). This then how ever causes another issue. with 10in rear, you will be very close the guard. Right now, when my tyre tucks up (using a 255/35) there is probaly 3mm clearance between tyre and guard. Hence why i said you could go a lower ofset rim on the rear but you would need to use a 255 tyre to stretch back under the guard (this would also be an issue if you lower the vehicle). The front, the spoke sits alot closer to the rim, but there 2-3mm clearance (a couple of business card thickness). I wouldnt track my car with these rims in case of flex. The other issue with the front, if you go for a more lower ofset, then the wheel may hit the guard on full lock if lowered.

The picture by adv definately shows rims with more depth, my pics dont show the actualy depth unless it was in 3d, But there is a good depth and more then the factory rims. I too would of liked more depth but, then you have more risks and right now, i wasnt ready to take those risks. but rest assured, im already planning to get another set in a few months from ADV, now that i know what ofset i can work off, i will fill the guards more. Also, i can not lower my car much because of my garage. if it sat lower, believe me it would look alot tuffer too.

hope the info helps others

h.

I know what you are saying, it’s always easier with a little hindsight. I had 10mm clearance from the callipers on my rears. I shaved 5mm off the centre base plates to bring them inside the guard lip (285 tyres) and I can still get my finger between the spokes and the calliper. To play it safe, I also had the rear guards slightly stretched. You can’t tell the body has been touched.

Last edited by sjhugh; 02-12-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 AM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
Originally Posted by BreitlingDLR
Whatever the past story was (which I've heard many different versions) it's clear that something is different with ADV.1 - there's nothing but good reviews all over the internet and customers cars pop up everywhere. I'm personally saving for a set, and I've done my research - I'm confident in the product, so whatever the past issues were doesn't really matter to me - they're beautiful wheels, and everyone seems to be happy with them. I have some buddies with GTR's who have them also, they post om the GTR forum and they love the wheels too, and those guys are the definition of picky.

Since you joined, all your new threads have been photos of 360 Forged and ADV, including rims for sale you said were the actual rims from the official 360 Forged photo shoot photographs you posted. In fact you said you were cleaning out the warehouse.

All your postings to threads apart from 2 have been to do with rims, mainly the whole ADV range including links to the ADV .1 website. In one thread you posted up some photos of their rims saying how great they looked and that you’d never heard of these guys.

You have a C63 but have never posted a photo or entered a thread to talk of it, strange as most members who post here can’t get by without at least mentioning their car.

Do you work for ADV?
Is this some type of backdoor advertising?

Last edited by sjhugh; 02-12-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
obsidian, dont buy them
Im not. I got HRE's coming.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate
Hey guys, forgive me for not posting sooner. I just wanted to take my time and read everyones comments first before I responded.

Harun,

I will make sure we take the new information you have provided us on your rear wheels to maybe attempt more of an agressive offset and see if we can shave a little more material for brake clearance. The rule of thumb is that you only need a business card to slide through for enough fitment. If there were any fitment issues from the beginning rest assured we would be making you new front wheels right now

ADV1 wheels are not to be advertised on this forum so you guys are correct on that point. I have spoken with Adrien at length on this subject and he is allowing customers to post their personal vehicles with these wheels. Jordan who started 360 Forged is the designer of ADV1 as you can see from the sketches but is by no means the owner of ADV1 or have any say in day to day operations. I also know exactly who the wheels are being made by as well which is a repulatable wheel manufacturer that has been around for a very long time and has a large operation to handle a high volume of orders.

With that said Harun's car was the first C63 with ADV5's so when we have first time orders like these we are up front from the beginning that the lead time is about 6 weeks. For sets we have previously made before its about 3 to 4 weeks. We are also stocking popular fitments as well for faster service. If anyone has any questions regarding this brand please contact me directly.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
Heck, with a tight fit like that in pothole country were I live, your front fender would bend or actually come right off the car in 2 nanosecond.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by sjhugh
Since you joined, all your new threads have been photos of 360 Forged and ADV, including rims for sale you said were the actual rims from the official 360 Forged photo shoot photographs you posted. In fact you said you were cleaning out the warehouse.

All your postings to threads apart from 2 have been to do with rims, mainly the whole ADV range including links to the ADV .1 website. In one thread you posted up some photos of their rims saying how great they looked and that you’d never heard of these guys.

You have a C63 but have never posted a photo or entered a thread to talk of it, strange as most members who post here can’t get by without at least mentioning their car.

Do you work for ADV?
Is this some type of backdoor advertising?

Indeed . . .
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 PM

c63
forum police!
no, do not work there - sell used wheels on the side for extra cash. Buying a set, and I've me them on a few occasions. Do you want my ID and Social Security card now? Too much time on your hands is a bad thing.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:40 AM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
Originally Posted by BreitlingDLR
forum police!
no, do not work there - sell used wheels on the side for extra cash. Buying a set, and I've me them on a few occasions. Do you want my ID and Social Security card now? Too much time on your hands is a bad thing.

No, not the forum Police, just aware of the forum policy in regards to advertising and in particular the ban on this make of rim and you are pushing them hard.

I update cars regularly and spend a lot of time looking for rims around the world. When I saw a couple of your posts, I checked out your profile to see what you have on your ride and found nothing but ADV posts and threads which seems very suspicious or at least way over the top for a new member when you don’t post about anything else and not even a mention of your car. It didn’t take but a minute or waste any of my time, it was all there on the screen in front of me.

Still I don’t care what you do, I only asked a logical question, the Moderators are here to look after those types of posts. I have an Aussie car with big callipers that has been a pain to find something that fits, I’ll stop searching this brand as I’m not interested in the attitude that may come with them.

If you want to post up your ID and Social Security Card details, by all means do so. I’d rather see some photos of your car.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by sjhugh
No, not the forum Police, just aware of the forum policy in regards to advertising and in particular the ban on this make of rim and you are pushing them hard.

I update cars regularly and spend a lot of time looking for rims around the world. When I saw a couple of your posts, I checked out your profile to see what you have on your ride and found nothing but ADV posts and threads which seems very suspicious or at least way over the top for a new member when you don’t post about anything else and not even a mention of your car. It didn’t take but a minute or waste any of my time, it was all there on the screen in front of me.

Still I don’t care what you do, I only asked a logical question, the Moderators are here to look after those types of posts. I have an Aussie car with big callipers that has been a pain to find something that fits, I’ll stop searching this brand as I’m not interested in the attitude that may come with them.

If you want to post up your ID and Social Security Card details, by all means do so. I’d rather see some photos of your car.

hey my friend, dont let people like him bother you. he is in the states, we are here in aus.

how is your beast going? get anything else done to it soon? im waiting for my exhaust, ordering my pulley and phonelic spacers this week. Im having a catch up with my photographer today to organise a shoot in the next few weeks. btw, i might be doing a drive to sydney in a few weeks, if i do, il let you know. id like to see your car with the 20s in person.

h.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:35 AM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
hey my friend, dont let people like him bother you. he is in the states, we are here in aus.

how is your beast going? get anything else done to it soon? im waiting for my exhaust, ordering my pulley and phonelic spacers this week. Im having a catch up with my photographer today to organise a shoot in the next few weeks. btw, i might be doing a drive to sydney in a few weeks, if i do, il let you know. id like to see your car with the 20s in person.

h.

Mate, it’s not a worry to me, just a ‘right of reply’. I’m always interested in what the end users have to say about a product, it plays a big part in my decision making process. It’s disconcerting if I find the end user is actually a supplier or the manufacturer or someone involved with them, it can mean their praise is tainted in my books and only ends up confusing the issue. I asked the question out of interest and now he says he sells second-hand rims, well that concerns me more as I’d expect him to have his finger on the pulse for what’s out in the market place. I stand by what I believe, that it’s a strange form of posting from a new member. Anyway I’ve moved on from the subject and he can do what he pleases, it makes no difference to me, I’ll steer clear of any input he has to offer.

My poor old 63 is feeling neglected at the moment, I haven’t had much time to spend with her. Since I took the family away for Christmas, I’ve been preparing a car I’ve had in storage for quite some time for my son to use and a couple of years ago I had a bigger cam and the heads ported on my VE HSV and the tune I had went south after a recent service. It wouldn’t idle and when I turned on the air conditioner or pressed the clutch in, the engine would cut out. I’ve just finished having that sorted and now the clutch has let go.

The 63 is basically my weekend/going-out car and apart from getting it looking good, power isn’t my main objected. I still intend to have the LSD installed as soon as time permits and power wise, I’ll only do the secondary cat deletion and a tune and leave it at that.

Your going full steam ahead with your car, I’m looking forward to seeing the pro-photos of it. If you are down this way you’re always welcome to drop in and check the 20’s out.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Niche totally copying ADV.1.. In the new European car mag, that EXACT pic of the grey C63 is in there advertisement with Niche knockoff. They just photoshopped the centercaps, and took off the ADV.1 engraving on the spokes.
Heres there wheel. 19x9.5 $375! lol

http://www.mhtwheels.com/wheel.cfm?cat=688

Last edited by obsidian05e55; 05-17-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
They didnt copy the strength or performance of the wheel though. Its a nice factory replacement that doesnt break the bank. ADV1 is eventually going to offer most of their forged collections in cast for most european applications.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
So are these ADV.1 Cast line being sold by Niche? Any weight specs?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
ADV1 has their own designated machine @ MHT where they make ADV1's forged wheels. The wheels look really similar and I'm sure there isn't many differences but look at it this way. No one really copied anyone lol, it sort of like how VMR Wheels have cast wheels that look identical to HRE P/M 40's.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Good to know, thanks for the info!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
anytime glad I could help
Old 05-17-2010, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Whatever the past story was (which I've heard many different versions) it's clear that something is different with ADV.1 - there's nothing but good reviews all over the internet and customers cars pop up everywhere. I'm personally saving for a set, and I've done my research - I'm confident in the product, so whatever the past issues were doesn't really matter to me - they're beautiful wheels, and everyone seems to be happy with them. I have some buddies with GTR's who have them also, they post om the GTR forum and they love the wheels too, and those guys are the definition of picky.
It's funny how anyone who sees some wheel company post on a forum & some "hot" wheels inmediately thinks the company is legit. I have lived in Miami for 11 years now and even though I wasn't part of the problem with 360 Forged I have 3 friends of mine and countless stories of people that got SCAMMED with thousands of dollars by a wheel company and OWNERS that portrayed something very different from what it really was... Now that company doesn't exist anymore but WAIT!!! They are back again with a different name (ADV1) and claiming it's a different owner but it's really the same guy that scammed so many in the past ( I'm surprised he hasnt been locked up or even better shot).
Good luck to you and your 360 Forged Wheels my friend.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by soldier2304
It's funny how anyone who sees some wheel company post on a forum & some "hot" wheels inmediately thinks the company is legit. I have lived in Miami for 11 years now and even though I wasn't part of the problem with 360 Forged I have 3 friends of mine and countless stories of people that got SCAMMED with thousands of dollars by a wheel company and OWNERS that portrayed something very different from what it really was... Now that company doesn't exist anymore but WAIT!!! They are back again with a different name (ADV1) and claiming it's a different owner but it's really the same guy that scammed so many in the past ( I'm surprised he hasnt been locked up or even better shot).
Good luck to you and your 360 Forged Wheels my friend.
Sad but true. This is the endlss life cycle of internet based business. Buyers beware. Even if a company is now "legit", I woudn't give my business to people who have ripped of others.

Nice wheels tho :P
Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Wow those are some serious words right there. But there was one that didn't quite sit well me and that was the word scam. To me when you say Jordan's 360 Brand was a scam it means to me that your saying 360 Forged and Jordan the owner/creator had no intentions of delivering wheels to people who were ordering them. I don't believe this is true as 360 grew and people's wheels were getting delayed and not being received due to high volume of orders Jordan should have started telling people longer lead times but he was afraid people would cancel their orders and lose their business so he promised something he couldn't deliver. As it stands and you can quote Adrien from Internet Brands on this, all customers have either received their wheels or their money back from 360 Forged. It is now being run by Alain who is handling the sales and distribution over there for the brand. So I'm not sure how people got scammed. Yes there were people who were charged their credit card for some wheels that arrived late or not at all but they all eventually were made good.

As far as ADV1 goes, I have personally sold dozens of sets since August/Sept of last year many of which you have seen on the forums and even have of a set on my personal car. We also personally guarantee your wheels or your money back in writing on every order.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Originally Posted by GMP - MATTHEW
Wow those are some serious words right there. But there was one that didn't quite sit well me and that was the word scam. To me when you say Jordan's 360 Brand was a scam it means to me that your saying 360 Forged and Jordan the owner/creator had no intentions of delivering wheels to people who were ordering them. I don't believe this is true as 360 grew and people's wheels were getting delayed and not being received due to high volume of orders Jordan should have started telling people longer lead times but he was afraid people would cancel their orders and lose their business so he promised something he couldn't deliver. As it stands and you can quote Adrien from Internet Brands on this, all customers have either received their wheels or their money back from 360 Forged. It is now being run by Alain who is handling the sales and distribution over there for the brand. So I'm not sure how people got scammed. Yes there were people who were charged their credit card for some wheels that arrived late or not at all but they all eventually were made good.

As far as ADV1 goes, I have personally sold dozens of sets since August/Sept of last year many of which you have seen on the forums and even have of a set on my personal car. We also personally guarantee your wheels or your money back in writing on every order.

OK so that's the story they told everyone whoever wants to believe it it's fine. I know what i saw and I know who's money got taken without even delivering a ****in center cap, ... Have you seen anything Matthew? Did you lived in Miami during those times? You live very far from here I'm sure you'll believe any story and I dont blame you. Now I understand you gotta defend them cause you do business with them yet you dont know anything of what happened only what they want you (the distributor) and the people ( potential new customers) to believe. I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time talking about thiefs.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 AM

W204 C63 /// E92 M3
OK so that's the story they told everyone whoever wants to believe it it's fine. I know what i saw and I know who's money got taken without even delivering a ****in center cap, ... Have you seen anything Matthew? Did you lived in Miami during those times? You live very far from here I'm sure you'll believe any story and I dont blame you. Now I understand you gotta defend them cause you do business with them yet you dont know anything of what happened only what they want you (the distributor) and the people ( potential new customers) to believe. I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time talking about thiefs.
actually posts like these might come off as really cynical but it is actually very informative for potential customers..many people don't just buy a product for what it is but also for the service and customer support behind their product..
Old 05-19-2010, 01:33 AM

c63
car clubs are cool
Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by dleung22
actually posts like these might come off as really cynical but it is actually very informative for potential customers..many people don't just buy a product for what it is but also for the service and customer support behind their product..
Well if customer service is qually important then I think we provide some of the best service available. GMP has been in business before there was internet. Back GMP was making flyers in black white and grey. 35 Years later, same address, same phone number

Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
^^
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
We still have a mercedes wagon in the family to this day too. its a W210

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: found adv1's on a c63