C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valentine 1 Interference

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 09 C63, Vipers (sold)
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Let me tell you cause I love mine:
I have the power cable tucked nicely under and into the mirror/lamp complex overhead. I have V1 on the driver side of the R/V mirror.
I found a line in the overhead lamp compartment that is switched with the ignition but delayed. I think it is the same wire that powers the map lights or the moonroof. I also found a screw as my contact to the body panel. My V1 turns on when I unlock the car and goes out about 5 min after the car is locked. I wish I had taken pictures.

I did the same idea for my E46 M3, but every month or so the system would get confused and shut down the power to that circuit, I think. MB has been working flawlessly for 1+ year
Sounds like a very nice setup!! I have the concealed module so that has been my challenge. Otherwise, I would have it going to the glovebox like the others. I really don't like having it plugged into the ash tray or keeping the ash try "open"!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63amg, 2010 E350, 08 Ford F-450 Powerstroke
My wife's 2010 E350 sets off her brother's V1 when we are following down the road when she has the Distronic Plus set. When we fall back the alerts clear but if we get within the 2 second distance the V1 goes off.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by KCviper
Sounds like a very nice setup!! I have the concealed module so that has been my challenge. Otherwise, I would have it going to the glovebox like the others. I really don't like having it plugged into the ash tray or keeping the ash try "open"!
Give me a few days and I'll pop a photo
Old 05-02-2010, 03:57 AM

C63AMG
Just FYI my friend works at the dealer I get my C63 serviced at and he said if I tap into the overhead he can’t cover me if anything goes south up there. I hard wired my V1 nice and clean and it only took 1 hour. I charge my cell on the same line I taped into and haven’t had any problems with it. if you want to see how I did mine let me know and ill post pics of the job.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM

volvo xc60 t6
Originally Posted by Shellbmb
There have been several instances when I've been around an Audi, both an S5 and Q7, and my V1's K band has just acted very weird. I do get some interference from other radar detectors, but in both of these cases, I could not see any windshield or dash mounted unit.

Now my laser band is constantly being set off by Lexus and Infiniti vehicles. I honestly think the laser function is worthless. It either alerts me to one of those vehicles that has the laser cruise control, or tells me that I just got gunned and to be ready to pull over.

But I wasn't sure if Audi vehicles had something similar to Lexus/Infiniti that sets off the K band or if they had some stealth install of a radar detector/jammer that was interfering.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

I have a volvo xc60 t6, it has a front lase to warn when you get too close to the car in front of, this makes the laser option on the v1 to go off constantly
Old 03-22-2012, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
How effective is this against sniping? I'm not sure how my buddy has his V1 programmed, but as you may know, I got sniped with LIDAR the day I picked up my car and my buddy's V1 had a clear view. I saw the CHP just before it went off.