Sponsored by:

Gas pump issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
Gas pump issue?

Yesterday, shortly after starting the engine (engine was warm already), the engine started to behave as if it was running out of gas, jerking and not reacting to the gas pedal. Then engine light turned on. I was moving at very low speed when this happened. I pulled over and turned off the engine. I started it again and everything was fine.

Any idea of what it could be? I'm thinking about the gas pump because it felt exactly as if I was running out of gas. Any similar experience?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
Yesterday, shortly after starting the engine (engine was warm already), the engine started to behave as if it was running out of gas, jerking and not reacting to the gas pedal. Then engine light turned on. I was moving at very low speed when this happened. I pulled over and turned off the engine. I started it again and everything was fine.

Any idea of what it could be? I'm thinking about the gas pump because it felt exactly as if I was running out of gas. Any similar experience?

Hmmm.. Maybe a little crap stuck in fuel line? I would bring it into the shop and plug it in and see whats going on. Cant hurt and better than getting stranded somewhere.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 AMG, BMW 335 conv
I had exact same thing happen a few months ago. Only happened the once and has not happened again. Dealer looked at it but could find nothing wrong- as usual.
Also started (cold) car once in my garage and felt like it was running on four cylinders. Stopped and restarted and has never happened again.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Any idea of what it could be?
Search for "cam position sensor" on this forum.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 PM

2014 Lotus Evora S
Thanks guys. I did the search and what happened to me seems to be linked to cam position sensor or camshaft solenoid. It hasn't happened again so I may wait to see if the problem shows up again before going back to the dealership. I'm just afraid that they'll spend a day or two to tell me that everything is fine.

Thanks anyway.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG

I took my car to the dealer with that same exact symtom and the dealer cleared the code and told me that the car had a missfire condition. My car was warm and all I did was start the car, back up from the parking lot and as soon as I started rolling the car was jerking and it felt like when you run out of gas of or in a old vehicle when you have one or two spark plug cable broken/unplugged.

I never have had that since but it could be bad gas as well.