C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mthis's best 1/4 mile time 11.576 at 121.18

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 09 C63, Vipers (sold)
Very nice!!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Way to go Mthis, more MHP customers letting the timeslips tell the real truth!
the truth is the truth. this was my 1st time out with the m/t's and this set up. now i cant wait for MIR. track rental with plenty of time to figure out what set up to do, this car will be faster then 11.5
Originally Posted by KCviper
Very nice!!
tnx
Old 03-07-2010, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Great passes kid!! Showed Consistency which is key.. Shoot i could not break the 11.5 barrier last year but i'm sure it must feel great from there on as it only gets better
Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Great passes kid!! Showed Consistency which is key.. Shoot i could not break the 11.5 barrier last year but i'm sure it must feel great from there on as it only gets better
Loco what's happening man. Hey I'm if u where to go to Atco u would be faster also. Now hopefully I break the 11.5 and go under
Old 03-07-2010, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Very nice runs.

Whatcha got done to the car so far? How much money invested? DR's at the track?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Great numbers Haji

Honestly, the MHP stuff does seem to make the power level it claims, and more importantly, it has been proven consistently on the track by different customers in different states at different tracks. Haji's run is just one more confirmation among many. In fact, I think Haji just beat MHP's record run (ET and trap) which was set back by them in 2008 in their own C63

Congrats again Haji....

Last edited by MB_Forever; 03-07-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
MHP doing in-house tuning? or still subbing out the work? It would be great to see a Custom tune frome them. I think their TQ managment with the TCU is the key to the track #'s.The HP #'s are about all the same on the 63's from other tuners.. Good job MHP.. This doesn't mean I forgive you
Just means good job
Old 03-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Good job Mickey Thompson! Looks like their products are working as advertised too.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by propain
Very nice runs.

Whatcha got done to the car so far? How much money invested? DR's at the track?
MHP tune/ MHP longtube headers/ filter/ LSD / 93 oct / Mickey toms dr's.
Haven't counted I stoped once I got over 10. I have other looks mods also that's y it's that high.
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Great numbers Haji

Honestly, the MHP stuff does seem to make the power level it claims, and more importantly, it has been proven consistently on the track by different customers in different states at different tracks. Haji's run is just one more confirmation among many. In fact, I think Haji just beat MHP's record run (ET and trap) which was set back by them in 2008 in their own C63

Congrats again Haji....
tnx Mo. I finaly got to the track after so long of having the headers on, and they did prove power. On track and off. And she has more left in her. Hopefully track rental will show that soon .

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
MHP doing in-house tuning? or still subbing out the work? It would be great to see a Custom tune frome them. I think their TQ managment with the TCU is the key to the track #'s.The HP #'s are about all the same on the 63's from other tuners.. Good job MHP.. This doesn't mean I forgive you
Just means good job
I think u have u replyto this on AMGP Im not ganna comment don't want to start anything.

Originally Posted by superlubricity
Good job Mickey Thompson! Looks like their products are working as advertised too.
tnx, I would not trade Mickey's for anything they will always have my bussiness.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Congrats on the times! The ET and trap speed or both very impressive! Are you planning on any other performance mods, like pulley, rotors, or even cams?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by nrgy
Congrats on the times! The ET and trap speed or both very impressive! Are you planning on any other performance mods, like pulley, rotors, or even cams?
Tnx you rite there bro trust me. Dyno numbers are numbers I dynoed 445 and ran 11.5 lol I'm sure u car can hit 11.5 or beter with some DR's as far as other mods. Not rite now maybe some rotors and cams in the future . No pully I don't need my motor to brake for 5hp. And here where I live ppl don't know how to install them rite. I heard of some bad stories about pullys
Old 03-07-2010, 08:32 PM

2009 C63
MHP products do rock the track.

Good job mthis. I don't see any renntech, kleenan, let or other tuned cars running nearly the same numbers as we are with the same upgrades.

Maybe there is something to all this mhp hype!

I have an mhp tune only car and did 11.8.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...8-27-rock.html
Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Raleighc63
Good job mthis. I don't see any renntech, kleenan, let or other tuned cars running nearly the same numbers as we are with the same upgrades.
The MHP catless headers make gobs of power and torque. There is no doubt about it. I've seen it first-hand. There are cars with RENNtech and Kleemann tunes running as fast or faster.

Renntech Tuned -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...125-3-mph.html
Kleemann Tuned -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...l-best-et.html
Old 03-07-2010, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by mthis
the truth is the truth. this was my 1st time out with the m/t's and this set up. now i cant wait for MIR. track rental with plenty of time to figure out what set up to do, this car will be faster then 11.5

tnx
So when is MIR?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
MHP products do rock the track.

Maybe there is something to all this mhp hype!

I have an mhp tune only car and did 11.8.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...8-27-rock.html
4-5 cars on dragtimes on top 5 list are MHP.
DADC63 <MHP complete package
SGC <everything renntech offers
MTHIS <MHP,tune headers filter
Hhugges <kleeman ecu MHP headers
ANDY/MHP <MHP TUNE AIRBOX

you made the rite choice going with MHP
The MHP catless headers make gobs of power and torque. There is no doubt about it. I've seen it first-hand. There are cars with RENNtech and Kleemann tunes running as fast or faster.
Renntech Tuned -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...125-3-mph.html
Kleemann Tuned -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...l-best-et.html
there is 1 car thats faster then me thats not MHP and thats 0.004 faster and has alot more work them mine. not for nuthing everyone has to respect Renntech for trying to get at the record do great job guys, i just wish they would have someone else besides the shop car run. like 3rd partys the customers.
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
So when is MIR?
i dont know but i cant wait.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by mthis
there is 1 car thats faster then me
Note I wrote faster, not quicker. Faster = MPH, Quicker = ET

Both hhughes1 and Fikse have higher MPH than you. hhughes1 has nearly identical mods with a different tune. I'm just pointing out that there are other tunes that are effective. I'm not looking to get into MHP vs. the world battle.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:04 PM

2009 C63
Kleeman--HHughes only made one 11.59@121 pass, it was AFTER he bolted on Keith's old skinnies.* He was running consistant 11.7s@119 all day before using them on one pass.*
Renntech--their car cut a 1.88 60' on that run, it was clearly spinning as Keith cuts 1.65-1.67s in his 11.2X@124+ runs.* You never get your best ET with your best trap.* If Keith would cut a 1.88 I would expect his trap to be 127+.*

I didn't see any TUNE only cars running in the 11's.

I may be wrong, certainly have been before......
Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Note I wrote faster, not quicker. Faster = MPH, Quicker = ET.
my bad you 100% rite

Both hhughes1 and Fikse have higher MPH than you. hhughes1 has nearly identical mods with a different tune. I'm just pointing out that there are other tunes that are effective. I'm not looking to get into MHP vs. the world battle.
no man no battle here lol, the tunes work with the LT's and they are very effective yes. but nothing works beter then matching tune/headers from same tuner. MHP has spent alot of time and money geting this rite for us. but this time it was my fault that i dint run beter once i figure out my issues with my car ill be a happy camper and run faster.

Last edited by mthis; 03-07-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Kleeman--HHughes only made one 11.59@121 pass, it was AFTER he bolted on Keith's old skinnies.* He was running consistant 11.7s@119 all day before using them on one pass.*
Renntech--their car cut a 1.88 60' on that run, it was clearly spinning as Keith cuts 1.65-1.67s in his 11.2X@124+ runs.* You never get your best ET with your best trap.* If Keith would cut a 1.88 I would expect his trap to be 127+.*

I didn't see any TUNE only cars running in the 11's.

and runs 118-119mph.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I get it now. Your C63 is a beast and you are quite a driver.

Best of luck with your ride!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
very impressive great work.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Great Runs & Time Slips

I see 11.10s in the near future Cheers _PTEngineering
Old 03-08-2010, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Okay, but some of the MHP cars are the most highly modded C63's out there...e.g. - Dad's C63 has the MHP V3 ecu/tcu flash tune, catless LT headers, race ported heads, 3" catless race exhaust, Carbonio Air Box, Thermalnator intake gaskets, etc.

Also, I wonder if Dad's C63 also either has an upgraded TQ/Stall Converter with a push-button start that allows him to launch the car for massive TQ launches for 1.6x sec. 60ft. (on DRs of course)? I know that he's not always the driver; it's usually some other very experienced drag strip race car driver. Also, do these cars also have a fully locked differential as well? I mean...I go to the strip maybe 1-2 x/year on my street tires as I have a full-time career, a family, and much more important things to do and spend my $$ on.

Without taking anything away from Dad's C63 or anyone else here (as we all are excited to see our cars run so friggin fast ), let's face it...some of these cars are really just "tuner sponsored" drag cars, driven around from drag strip to drag strip on a flatbed truck.

I for one, drive my lightly modded C63 AMG as a DD, ~ 25k mi./year and just don't feel the need to invest tens of thousands of dollars into my car so it can go .05-1.0 sec. faster at the 1/4 mi. drag strip. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As superlubricity said, there are other C63 AMG tuners out there that have made similar 1/4 mi. runs and I bet they too can make the C63 AMG faster as well with some additional mods. Yes it's true that MHP seems to be producing some of the fastest and quickest C63's out there, but again, I think everyone should look at the mods and all the other drag strip factors like the drag strips themselves (which vary in the kinds of 1/4 mi. ET's and Traps ppl get) to weather conditions, etc.

Just trying to put it all into perspective. Great runs!!! Cheers!

Last edited by sflgator; 03-08-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by sflgator
Okay, but some of the MHP cars are the most highly modded C63's out there...e.g. - Dad's C63 has the MHP V3 ecu/tcu flash tune, catless LT headers, race ported heads, 3" catless race exhaust, Carbonio Air Box, Thermalnator intake gaskets, etc.

Also, I wonder if Dad's C63 also either has an upgraded TQ/Stall Converter with a push-button start that allows him to launch the car for massive TQ launches for 1.6x sec. 60ft. (on DRs of course)? I know that he's not always the driver; it's usually some other very experienced drag strip race car driver. Also, do these cars also have a fully locked differential as well? I mean...I go to the strip maybe 1-2 x/year on my street tires as I have a full-time career, a family, and much more important things to do and spend my $$ on.

Without taking anything away from Dad's C63 or anyone else here (as we all are excited to see our cars run so friggin fast ), let's face it...some of these cars are really just "tuner sponsored" drag cars, driven around from drag strip to drag strip on a flatbed truck.

I for one, drive my lightly modded C63 AMG as a DD, ~ 25k mi./year and just don't feel the need to invest tens of thousands of dollars into my car so it can go .05-1.0 sec. faster at the 1/4 mi. drag strip. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As superlubricity said, there are other C63 AMG tuners out there that have made similar 1/4 mi. runs and I bet they too can make the C63 AMG faster as well with some additional mods. Yes it's true that MHP seems to be producing some of the fastest and quickest C63's out there, but again, I think everyone should look at the mods and all the other drag strip factors like the drag strips themselves (which vary in the kinds of 1/4 mi. ET's and Traps ppl get) to weather conditions, etc.

Just trying to put it all into perspective. Great runs!!! Cheers!
Before you take this thread in a direction you shouldn't let me straighten you out on a few things. I have a full time job, family, and other things to spend my money on. I happen to enjoy racing.

I drive the car most of the time and in fact I was driving it for the record run at PBIR on Nitto drag radials. My Operations manager here at my office loves to race so we switch off driving because its fun to watch your own car go down the race track. Try it some time.

All the mods are done here locally and the car is NOT tuner supported or funded. I work VERY hard at making this car go fast and have no special tricks up my sleeve. What in the world are you talking about a special converter, special push button launch control??? What car are you driving?? This car has over 22,000 miles on it and it IS my daily driver.

The only reason I trailer it to events is because I can and also because if something breaks I have a way to get home. Its NOT a trailer queen.

MHP makes great products so stop trying to say that because the MHP cars are going fast is because we are dedicated race car drivers or have special tricks. No NITROUS and no cams yet. You are welcome to look the car over and drive it if you want. Its JUST a car and just happens to be fast. Have a good day!!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Before you take this thread in a direction you shouldn't let me straighten you out on a few things. I have a full time job, family, and other things to spend my money on. I happen to enjoy racing.

I drive the car most of the time and in fact I was driving it for the record run at PBIR on Nitto drag radials. My Operations manager here at my office loves to race so we switch off driving because its fun to watch your own car go down the race track. Try it some time.

All the mods are done here locally and the car is NOT tuner supported or funded. I work VERY hard at making this car go fast and have no special tricks up my sleeve. What in the world are you talking about a special converter, special push button launch control??? What car are you driving?? This car has over 22,000 miles on it and it IS my daily driver.

The only reason I trailer it to events is because I can and also because if something breaks I have a way to get home. Its NOT a trailer queen.

MHP makes great products so stop trying to say that because the MHP cars are going fast is because we are dedicated race car drivers or have special tricks. No NITROUS and no cams yet. You are welcome to look the car over and drive it if you want. Its JUST a car and just happens to be fast. Have a good day!!
No need to get defensive; I appreciate your candid response. Just saying that you and a few others seem to take your C63 AMG to a new level with the $$ spent on MHP and other mods, and the time you spend at various tracks and racing events. I'm not sure what your age, career and family situations are, but I for one know that if I spent every other weekend at the track and/or working on my car, I wouldn't still be married. We all appreciate what you and the others do to your cars, b/c it shows all of us what can be accomplished with these fine vehicles. Enjoy!

btw -- I never said anything about NOS or cams, but I noticed you mentioned you don't have those mods "yet."

Last edited by sflgator; 03-08-2010 at 12:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mthis's best 1/4 mile time 11.576 at 121.18