Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
SflGator,
We are not trying to confuse anyone. There are a number of guys here at my office that race and anyone of us could be driving it on any one given day. The company name is Marine Fasteners and our web site is marfas so I just use "Marfas" as a driver since it could be a slew of guys. If you remember correctly Howard (HHughes1) took it to a private track rental because I was out of town and set a new record with it back in December. The car is fast and many different drivers have proved that.
The only reason I posted the three different times is because they were on different days at different tracks with different drivers so people know the quick runs were NOT a FLUKE.
I love to drive the car but its my DD so I am in it every day. Its fun to watch it race and just relax and enjoy the moment. I love watching the crowds response every time it runs. Makes me laugh.

I am sure that Ben or myself would be glad to drive your car anytime we are at the same track. Might make a difference and might not. Enjoy and be safe!!
Interesting...thank you for clearing that up. I think it's safe to say that nobody doubts that your particular C63 with all those mods is quite fast, no matter who is driving it. I do have to say that although it is a bit unusual that you would have so many ppl driving your DD, I can appreciate your enjoyment of watching it run.

FWIW, when I asked a few questions about your car earlier, I was just trying to understand why you guys do what you do with your C63 as some ppl like me only run their cars (whether modded or not) only 1-2 x/year for fun and as a "guys night out" kind of thing.

Also, I probably should've rephrased my reference to "professional" drag race car drivers, since I was merely trying to point out that there are those who are much more experienced at drag racing than other ppl; i.e. ppl who run their cars at the drag strip on average 1-3x/month and have been doing it for a while vs. those that just go 1-2x/year just for a quick night of fun with the guys.

And, yes, if by chance (during one the one of the 2x/year I run my car at PBIR) and you and/or Ben are there as well, then I would consider having one of you drive my car for one run to see what happens...definitely slower than your car with no LT headers, no ported heads, all 4 cats in place, and no DRs (just my street tires), but could be interesting nonetheless. I would still like to see my car run ~ 12.0-12.1 sec. @ 117mph on street tires; with a good launch and a 1.9x sec. 60ft., I'm fairly confident that it could.

Thank you and enjoy! Cheers!!!!

Last edited by sflgator; 03-12-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
C63 FTMW!!!

CLEAN CAR DUDE!! thats a sick color for benzo! i barely see that color if that! ive only seen a couple in a W203 and yours in a W204!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:40 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Awesome shots! Too bad they won't air the beast on the show though Oh well, at least we still have amateur video of your car in action!