C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

BGmercedes 700HP package

Old 03-17-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
EDIT: Oh, BTW, I think people are missing RAR's point. Everyone seems to agree that Andy is no longer using Dave's calibrations for the M156 vehicles. RAR's point is, it can still be the same file(s)

Thank you
Old 03-17-2010, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
MB Forever, as usual, a very thoughtful posting. Only observation is that you got hhughes's car backwards - Kleemann tune, MHP headers; not the other way 'round. AFAIK, all the Q/F client C63s have MHP hardware - most also have the MHP software. As you correctly point out, the Renntech shop car is also right there.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, I think people are missing RAR's point. Everyone seems to agree that Andy is no longer using Dave's calibrations for the M156 vehicles. RAR's point is, it can still be the same file(s) - if Dave now gets them from Andy (instead of the opposite, as it used to be). Which may or may not be true, IDK.
Sorry for the mix up.... and thanks for the correction - I fixed it in my post above.

I was just trying to illustrate that based on the current data available to us, MHP's products have been proven (consistently) powerful not just on one car, but on many different cars in the hands of different customers, in different states, running on different dynos, and at different tracks. This is usually a good indicator that the product works. Unlike when we see a product that works on one car but not the other. Now I agree that it is too early to judge the product's reliability now, and will probably be the case for another few years, but as for the power, the product delivers.

Regarding Dave selling Andy's tunes issue, I'm not sure how will that work out? I don't know why would Dave buy Andy's tunes if he can tune the cars himself and make more money Yes, Andy's tune maybe a little better, but I wouldn't think it would be worth it to Dave (economically speaking) to cut his profit margin by a big portion for a smaller gain. Moreover, I would think people who want MHP tunes would contact Andy/MHP directly rather than someone go through a third party. Maybe Andy/MHP can chime in on this subject on the AMGPerformance site?