Sponsored by:

C63 finally arrived after Euro Delivery - pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 P31, 2003 C32
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Glad to here the baby is back in your own hands, the wheels look amazing as always, good to see you decided on a tire and size that looks good on the car, you must be out driving after missing her no doubt!! Have fun, I see you have the VIM, is it difficult to install? What sort of issues with it do you have if any? I am thinking of getting it for my wifes 09ML350 for her and the kids, not planning on doing it on my car as I barely even listen to music, I am to infatuated with this powerplant.
The VIM is really great. The ONLY draw back is that the nav will not work while it the VIM is engaged. It tricks the car into thinking it's in park, which in turn makes the nav go nuts and get confused. However, all you have to do is disengage it (by hitting the + and - volume simultaneously) and the nav catches right up. I figure if i'm ever really looking for a location with the nav, i'm probably not going to be watching a movie.

Having the movie on in the background of even a 45 minute trip is just great. I listened/watched the hangover today (while hung over) on my way back home. made the trip feel like it took 10 minutes.

i didn't install the VIM myself. i saw how you do it on youtube so i took it to a local shop that mid city engineering recommended and got it done for $85. NOt a scratch on anything and it works seemlessly.

as for me driving, i drove the car 24 miles yesterday, and i averaged 10.1 miles per gallon............i just can't stop driving it hard, and that glorious growl, it's too much fun.