Sponsored by:

FEELER: H&R coilovers for sale?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
FEELER: H&R coilovers for sale?

sooo i've just come across a pretty good deal for some KW V3s and am considering switching from my h&r coilovers to the KWs...

im pretty happy with the h&rs and won't pull the trigger unless it makes sense, but i wouldnt mind having a little more adjustability...

if anybodys interested shoot me a PM and we can discuss

the h&rs have only 1,500 miles on em...no track use on em

thank you!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:37 AM

2007 SRT8 Charger, 09' C63
pm sent
Old 03-26-2010, 03:31 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG
PM sent
Old 03-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
as an added bonus, I did the install, and they are 100% what unbreakable1 says, I vouch for him and this suspension.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:52 AM

so ive received all your PMs..i dont have time to reply right now but will do so in order received some time this weekend

honestly, i didnt think i would get this much interest...looks like i have some soul searching to do...
thank you!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM

2005 c230 kompressor
are u still wanting to sell ur suspension im interested let me know i have a c230 kompressor
Old 05-12-2010, 01:20 AM

i ended up holding on...
i suppose this can be closed?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
You can close this thread yourself, or sell me your H&Rs.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:20 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG
H&R coilovers question

Hey unbreakable, I just received a set of H&Rs that I ordered from Tirerack. I know everyone says the KWs are better, and I believe that. I just can't justify spending more than twice as much for them when I will almost never track the car. It's my DD and my plan is to lower it so that I can get one finger between the top of the tire and the fender, just looking for a slightly lower stance, definitely NOT a "slammed" look. I have a 2009 with PP and I think the ride is a little stiff. Can you adjust the front struts to absorb bumps with a bit more control that the PP suspension? Can you tell me a little about the handling?
Thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
You can close this thread yourself, or sell me your H&Rs.
oh fo reals? had no idea...

Originally Posted by RM-6302
Hey unbreakable, I just received a set of H&Rs that I ordered from Tirerack. I know everyone says the KWs are better, and I believe that. I just can't justify spending more than twice as much for them when I will almost never track the car. It's my DD and my plan is to lower it so that I can get one finger between the top of the tire and the fender, just looking for a slightly lower stance, definitely NOT a "slammed" look. I have a 2009 with PP and I think the ride is a little stiff. Can you adjust the front struts to absorb bumps with a bit more control that the PP suspension? Can you tell me a little about the handling?
Thanks.
i've attached a picture of where my car is sitting now...the ride is comfortable but whether you like it or not, you can't really adjust it..the only adjustable portion of the H&R coilovers is the height...if i had to do it over again, i might have gone for the KW Street Comfort...not as much adjustability as KW V3, but definitely more than the H&Rs - also price falls right in btwn
i say "might" because like you, i wont be tracking much, and im in it more for esthetics...also, the KW dont drop as much as H&R so i would have to slam KWs to get them to sit like the H&Rs

handling is good, cant complain about it much...lower speed handling i feel is greatly improved, high speed not nearly as much....im clearly no Super w/ my reviews lol
if u have any specific questions i can try to answer those
Attached Thumbnails FEELER: H&R coilovers for sale?-img_0040_tn.jpg  
Old 05-12-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Nice stance!
Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Unbreakable1
oh fo reals? had no idea...

i've attached a picture of where my car is sitting now...the ride is comfortable but whether you like it or not, you can't really adjust it..the only adjustable portion of the H&R coilovers is the height...if i had to do it over again, i might have gone for the KW Street Comfort...not as much adjustability as KW V3, but definitely more than the H&Rs - also price falls right in btwn
i say "might" because like you, i wont be tracking much, and im in it more for esthetics...also, the KW dont drop as much as H&R so i would have to slam KWs to get them to sit like the H&Rs

handling is good, cant complain about it much...lower speed handling i feel is greatly improved, high speed not nearly as much....im clearly no Super w/ my reviews lol
if u have any specific questions i can try to answer those
Thanks for the input. I like the look of your drop. I may go a little higher than that though, I've got speed bumps at work and too low means scrapping.

I thought that the H&R are adjustable for rebound in the front. I see an allen screw at the bottom of the struts, but I've got no manual/set up instructions for installing.

I'll give it to KW, they have some of the best install sheets I have seen. Lots of detail and even a recommended starting point for your set up.

Thanks again. I'll post pics of mine sometime next week. I don't have an install appointment yet.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
Nice stance!
thank you sir!

Originally Posted by RM-6302
Thanks for the input. I like the look of your drop. I may go a little higher than that though, I've got speed bumps at work and too low means scrapping.

I thought that the H&R are adjustable for rebound in the front. I see an allen screw at the bottom of the struts, but I've got no manual/set up instructions for installing.

I'll give it to KW, they have some of the best install sheets I have seen. Lots of detail and even a recommended starting point for your set up.

Thanks again. I'll post pics of mine sometime next week. I don't have an install appointment yet.
thank you..i havent had too many problems scrapping, though i do take most speed bumps at an angle, i dont think i'd scrape either way

the allen screw might be the 'gas entry port,' according to one source
Old 05-14-2010, 02:27 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG
H&R coilovers & Bilstein

I recently bought a set of H&R coilovers from the Tirerack. (Good service, Fast Delivery)

So I was looking at them a little closer and I saw something that surprised me. The strut and shock appear to be made by BILSTEIN. Now I know that both are German manufacturers, but I thought that H&R built the strut/shock portion of the set themselves. It now seems clear that H&R only builds the springs.

My question is: If H&R uses Bilstein shocks, does Bilstein use H&R springs?

Any thoughts?

Unbreakable,
You are absolutely right , the H&Rs are only height adjustable. The allen screw at the bottom seems to be the "gas entry port" that you said before. The screw is torqued down tight and has some paint marking the alignment.
Attached Thumbnails FEELER: H&R coilovers for sale?-dscf0073.jpg   FEELER: H&R coilovers for sale?-dscf0074.jpg   FEELER: H&R coilovers for sale?-dscf0075.jpg