C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER $310 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
NickZag, say your post and am disappointed as well as ordered one and had hoped that the to be expected smaller flaws in cheaper product would be minor enough to get around. Miami1lt - let us know if you see the same thing just in case this issue Nickzag had was a one-off issue.
Hope the group-buy program on Revozport is still open.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by miami1lt
^^^Cool, thanks...so let me get this. Somebody markets ****ty products on here (mutliple times, as this isn't the only product Suvneer is pushing), and there is no way to block them? How can the moderators let a sponsor continue to market bad parts?
I can't speak for others, but my diffuser was a poorly fitted one. Yet, it's still being sold on here and I'm sure there are people out there who still buy them because of the price and how they "look." I'm not going to go and bash vendors and "warn" people against said products. If people ask me, then I will relay my experience. For all I know, all of these can be made from one single source in China that parts them out to different vendors. But I don't know that, and I hope that's not the case.

Originally Posted by harrower
NickZag, say your post and am disappointed as well as ordered one and had hoped that the to be expected smaller flaws in cheaper product would be minor enough to get around. Miami1lt - let us know if you see the same thing just in case this issue Nickzag had was a one-off issue.
Hope the group-buy program on Revozport is still open.
Let's hope that NickZag just got a bad one, but that was what I thought when I got mine.

And yes, the Revozport group buy is still open. I think we're really close to the required 10 piece mark where we can get the 20% off. I won't post a link in this thread to jack it, but you can search for it on the first page.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
^^^Copy, I'm going to have an installer look at it tomorrow. I'm trying to compare the tabs right now from the pics sent. I'm wondering if you can file down or remove some of the ones that don't fit...they can't ALL be out of line.

if there are some that fit, that and 3M tape and the 2-6 screws MAY be enough. I'm desperate, as not only do I dislike the gray OEM diffuser, but I got some wax on it a while back, and it won't all come off now...drives me crazy everytime I look at my car!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:57 AM

C63 AMG
^^^Copy, I'm going to have an installer look at it tomorrow. I'm trying to compare the tabs right now from the pics sent. I'm wondering if you can file down or remove some of the ones that don't fit...they can't ALL be out of line.

if there are some that fit, that and 3M tape and the 2-6 screws MAY be enough. I'm desperate, as not only do I dislike the gray OEM diffuser, but I got some wax on it a while back, and it won't all come off now...drives me crazy everytime I look at my car!

Just an FYI, you should not have to use any 3M tape or screws other than the two at the ends (reuse the stock torx screws--one at each end) and the two in the middle of the diffuser that attaches to the underbody of the car.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:02 AM

True...i don't really want to rig it to fit...it should come fitting fine (or close). I'm starting to get real tired of all this aftermarket stuff...my ML has been fitted with some horrible running boards too...

Can't wait til my GT PRO Double X's get here tomorrow or Monday...THOSE should fit fine!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:04 AM

Did anybody even notice the tabs in the pictures Gary posted? They are supposed to have clips on them to hook in...they look like solid pieces of molded plastic...I don't see how they would hook in...I'm going to break the box open now and check...if they are solid molds, that'll be a show-stopper right there.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:08 AM

C63 AMG
Did anybody even notice the tabs in the pictures Gary posted? They are supposed to have clips on them to hook in...they look like solid pieces of molded plastic...I don't see how they would hook in...I'm going to break the box open now and check...if they are solid molds, that'll be a show-stopper right there.
They look like solid molds. Same as the one I got. The "tabs" are small "tips" that are on top of the tabs. That's why I had to file down the bottom of some tabs because they were too "fat" to fit. The stock diffuser use plastic clips.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:23 AM

Yep, just looked...that is exactly what they are...solid molds with just a "tab" looking impression, but not all the way through like the stock diffuser pics.

Doesn't mean they don't line up, but I'm guessing this is going to be more ***-pain than it's worth.

I feel bad for the guy I have install this stuff...I keep bringing him items with no directions (ie. none were included, just 4 screws), and asking him to polish a terd...he has been getting tipped heavily for the work...I think i'll take the DIY instructions...those seemed helpful.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by JL-Motoring
Isn't that our picture.............?

If I recall correctly, you used pictures I PERSONALLY took of our W204 C-class front lip when once trying to sell yours replica other version.... What goes around comes around.....
Old 04-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
NickZag,
check your PM again.

Anyone has problem w/ the tabs please pm or email me. I will take care of you also. After taking care of the guys who have problem w/ the tabs, I have a new plan
Stay tuned.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Yep, just looked...that is exactly what they are...solid molds with just a "tab" looking impression, but not all the way through like the stock diffuser pics.

Doesn't mean they don't line up, but I'm guessing this is going to be more ***-pain than it's worth.

I feel bad for the guy I have install this stuff...I keep bringing him items with no directions (ie. none were included, just 4 screws), and asking him to polish a terd...he has been getting tipped heavily for the work...I think i'll take the DIY instructions...those seemed helpful.
check your PM
Old 04-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Unbreakable1
damn...i juss picked mine up today from Gary himself...nice guy, but it looks like ill be visiting him again
No, bring it to my bodyshop down the street, they will install it for you and I pay for the labor. hows that? Same thing goes to everyone esle who already bought the diffuser. I am here on MB world to stay, I am backing up my words on taking care of you guys.
Don't go crazy without me these 2 days, guys. I will be back on Monday!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 PM

^^^That sounds like one of the better business ethics moves I've seen...backing up the product with either paid installation or full refund if returned. Thanks for trying to make this right. Will let you know today via PM how it turns out.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no more AMG
In Gary's defense, he offered this to me before he even posted this and he shipped the item quickly.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:51 PM

2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
Originally Posted by Gary@Suvneer
No, bring it to my bodyshop down the street, they will install it for you and I pay for the labor. hows that? Same thing goes to everyone esle who already bought the diffuser. I am here on MB world to stay, I am backing up my words on taking care of you guys.
Don't go crazy without me these 2 days, guys. I will be back on Monday!
sounds great Gary! sending you a PM now, respond whenever you can

^^^That sounds like one of the better business ethics moves I've seen...backing up the product with either paid installation or full refund if returned. Thanks for trying to make this right.
+1

Last edited by Unbreakable1; 04-03-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Gary: if there are any tips you can pm me to make the install easier, that would be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 PM

All,

I owe Gary a HUGE apology. I just got done installing the diffuser without incident (well, one broken tab, but that was my fault).

Ok, so I took it to my installer, but he was tied up today...asked me to come back first thing Tue morning. Couldn't wait, and decided the removal of the OEM diffuser looked easy and reversable, so decided just to "check".

After it came off, and I aligned the C/F diffuser with the OEM one, PERFECT match on tabs.

So, proceeded to put it on in about 2 minutes (after drilling the holes where the torx screw goes.

Only hiccup was one broken tab (again, probably from me forcing too much),and the hole I drilled didn't line up well, so I just shaved the hole a bit bigger so the torx screw could line up.

I'm still awaiting my wife to return with the 3" bolts/wingnuts that will connect from the C/F diffuser to the support arm behind the bumper...but that is just a formality.

FIT GREAT!!! And looks nice too...I'll post pics this evening...but it was a perfect match.

Thanks, Gary, and sorry to doubt...you have my utmost, sincere, and PUBLIC apologies!

Brad
Old 04-03-2010, 09:27 PM

C63 AMG
^^That's great news!!! Happy to see something finally worked out.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:34 PM

Ok, pics attached...let me know if you want to see anything else...but as you can see...great fit...and I used wheel shine spray as the "grease", and it worked fine to slide the tabs in and out...not too big, not too small..just right!
Attached Thumbnails FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-dsc02246.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-dsc02247.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-dsc02250.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-dsc02252.jpg  
Old 04-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Ok, pics attached...let me know if you want to see anything else...but as you can see...great fit...and I used wheel shine spray as the "grease", and it worked fine to slide the tabs in and out...not too big, not too small..just right!

Can you take a larger pic of the entire diffuser from the top? I'd like a closer look at the top edge where it mates to the stock bumper.

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I have limited internet access but I can't help myself and found a way to get back on this thread. Great news!! Please allow me to get to the pms on Monday. Thank you guys!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:01 AM

These are some closer pictures (and I didn't shrink the file much). If you need more detail, I can email you the 2.9MB 10.2mp pics...but you can see the tiny microfiber abrasions on the surface of my car...hard to get much better res.

Also, notice in the center there is a "questionable" area...it is possible that I could have not pushed it in as far as it will go, but it is secure, and I actually prefer a little lip (I think it is designed that way). Noticed the flaw when putting it on, but it is REALLY hard to see...just like HD on TV, zoomed in 10mp pics from the HD Sony HDR-11 doesn't do any favors.

Anyway, looks good and is staying put nicely...didn't like drilling the hole for the 3" bolt part (make sure to widen the hole BEFORE putting on if required--unless you have it on a lift)...that didn't go really well...would have liked to pull the arms off the OEM diffuser in hind site, but that looked like too much work with the rivots.
Attached Thumbnails FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-right-qtr-panel.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-right-exhaust-area.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-just-right-center.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-center.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-just-left-center.jpg  

FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-left-qtr-panel.jpg  

Last edited by miami1lt; 04-04-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
Originally Posted by Boost Gomez
Maybe you guys both have the same manufacturer in China.
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread, but I am really tired of this China produced crap...

SADLY this stuff comes from the same places unfortunately and marketed as XYZ and ZYX product with the consumer not knowing. I have been at this for over 29 years, and I know the game very well.. just a bit of info why I'm going to rant here is we got a diffuser from a company on this board (which will remain nameless at this point as to not start a war) and it was ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, I have seen guys here say this part from this mfg. was great and awesome, so we bought one for one of our customers, and it was a joke, I was totally embarrassed to show him the part, but after we looked at it together we both agreed that it was a $150.00 part at BEST. If you guys think that this mfg. stuff is good... WOW, maybe if it was going on a 82 Honda Civic with 300k upgrading from an Extreme Dimensions or VIS body kit, but I am used to REAL parts that fit like OEM, that don't need to be pulled on, modified, and jacked with to fit, and tabs being broken off (yes I was told it was a good thing that the diffuser came with all the center tabs BROKEN off, as it would not be close to fitting otherwise WTF?? are you kidding?? what a joke...) Not cut off, not ground off cleanly, but snapped off with pliers, and a nice crack right at the snap off point, the weave of the CF was terrible in terms of how straight the lines were, there were micro bubbles in the resin, defects everywhere, wavy wavy gravy, I could NOT give this to my customer, I refused to take his money for this crap part.

It's time for someone to bring GOOD parts to this market, I refuse to sell this CHINA knock off crap. The time is coming to give consumers proper parts with proper build quality. We looked very hard at this, and the ONLY real way to to build these parts DRY carbon with an investment mold (not cheap) but it's the right way to do it, China will never do it.

No disrespect to the OP, I don't know him, and have nothing against him, I just needed to get this out there.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:35 PM

^^Not to flame, Brian...but one good thing about this part is that i got it in the agreed upon time...can't say that about all of the people selling products on here.

As for the quality, it costs the same as the cheap OEM plastic diffuser, and is a hell of a lot better looking. The one broken tab was my fault...and yes, it broke off a little easier than it should have, but after being forced incorrectly by me. As an amature, I tried to force it and didn't follow the procedure of working from one side to the other.

Agree parts coming from China are garbage...China is garbage, and while it is near world SuperPower status, will likely fail before it gets there due to its already dying economy and bad loans.

But I have to admit...I was told 3 days and got it in 3 days...you can say it is worth the wait for good stuff, but I have money sitting out there right now that I could have easily made an extra $100 in the market just this past week...As far as I'm concerned, I've waited for a part long enough that it has cost me $100-200 in interest alone!

Last edited by miami1lt; 04-04-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread, but I am really tired of this China produced crap...

SADLY this stuff comes from the same places unfortunately and marketed as XYZ and ZYX product with the consumer not knowing. I have been at this for over 29 years, and I know the game very well.. just a bit of info why I'm going to rant here is we got a diffuser from a company on this board (which will remain nameless at this point as to not start a war) and it was ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, I have seen guys here say this part from this mfg. was great and awesome, so we bought one for one of our customers, and it was a joke, I was totally embarrassed to show him the part, but after we looked at it together we both agreed that it was a $150.00 part at BEST. If you guys think that this mfg. stuff is good... WOW, maybe if it was going on a 82 Honda Civic with 300k upgrading from an Extreme Dimensions or VIS body kit, but I am used to REAL parts that fit like OEM, that don't need to be pulled on, modified, and jacked with to fit, and tabs being broken off (yes I was told it was a good thing that the diffuser came with all the center tabs BROKEN off, as it would not be close to fitting otherwise WTF?? are you kidding?? what a joke...) Not cut off, not ground off cleanly, but snapped off with pliers, and a nice crack right at the snap off point, the weave of the CF was terrible in terms of how straight the lines were, there were micro bubbles in the resin, defects everywhere, wavy wavy gravy, I could NOT give this to my customer, I refused to take his money for this crap part.

It's time for someone to bring GOOD parts to this market, I refuse to sell this CHINA knock off crap. The time is coming to give consumers proper parts with proper build quality. We looked very hard at this, and the ONLY real way to to build these parts DRY carbon with an investment mold (not cheap) but it's the right way to do it, China will never do it.

No disrespect to the OP, I don't know him, and have nothing against him, I just needed to get this out there.

Amen!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER $310 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!