C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER $310 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
This is such a joke from Brian.
I am fed up with vendors making a fortune on parts just because we buy a Mercedes and we have the financial ability to pay more for parts. If the part is a bad product, the vendor stated he will issue a refund or install himself.
You can buy headers for a Z06 (not a mass produced car) for $1,500 and you have to shell out at least double for a C63.
Just because you can't compete does not mean you have to bash Chinese products. We are all happy to be able to buy TVs and DVDs cheaper and cheaper
Old 04-04-2010, 09:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by emericr
I am fed up with vendors making a fortune on parts just because we buy a Mercedes and we have the financial ability to pay more for parts. If the part is a bad product, the vendor stated he will issue a refund or install himself.
You can buy headers for a Z06 (not a mass produced car) for $1,500 and you have to shell out at least double for a C63.
Just because you can't compete does not mean you have to bash Chinese products. We are all happy to be able to buy TVs and DVDs cheaper and cheaper
Amen to that. Not everyone has the deep pockets to drop 1K or multiple K's for parts. Let alone exterior cosmetic parts. As long as the products can hold up as well as OEM parts & look good in quality, there's no grief from me.

I also find it interesting how 1 vendor went on to not "rag" on the OP, with another 1 backing him oh so quietly, while they're the vendors that are "making a fortune on parts just because we buy a Mercedes". Don't hate, dude's just trying get his piece of the pie.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
We are all happy to be able to buy TVs and DVDs cheaper and cheaper
Exactly...go ahead and buy a Pioneer Kuro for $3K more than any other Plasma for the "blackest blacks"...Whatever, I'll put my $2500 Bravia XBR4 up against any $5500 Kuro, and you won't tell the difference (in fact you'll think mine is more lifelike). And same thing with the rear diffuser. Sure, get down on your hands and knees with a magnifying glass, and tell me that my "carbon fiber chord isn't straight"...BULL****! It looks the same from 3 feet as any high-end product being sold. And for 1/3 the price.

I think people that buy stuff for the name or "quality" are asses...if they made a C63 that was made by Ford and cost $35000, I'd get it. But they don't.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
+1
Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Amen!

Hah.. I have a full container of CF parts arriving this month. I guess I will see you in every thread of mine uh?

btw, our stuff is made in Taiwan... I just wanted to get this out there as well.

Last edited by Suvneer; 04-06-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG C63
Guys, these products are not mounted up correctly. The reason that it was so easy to install is because you didn't get the part to install completely flush with the bumper like the stock piece... i.e. you can see the top of the product unlike the stock diffuser which sits flush. That rear diffuser is not supposed to be "out" nearly that much. Have a look again at a stock diffuser to see what I mean.

In Miami's pictures I can even see the epoxy filler at the top of the carbon diffuser, the factory didn't finish this out properly because it is a cheaper piece and because if it was fit in correctly, it would be hidden.

What needs to happen from here is that you have to trim down the tabs width and thickness (and perhaps other parts of the piece) to get it to fit in further like the stock piece, this is just a bunch of work that shouldn't be necessary but is with these pieces.

This is what Avenger and I were talking about. I'm not saying that you can't run it like this... just that it's not fitting the way it should and that's why the product is less than perfect, it requires modification. If you're happy with your fitment, cool. Just my .02c

I ended up spending more time than I cared to in order to get mine to fit to my satisfaction as did Avenger from the sound of it. Further I ended up taking off the bumper trimming it and then eventually epoxying the tabs on mine to the bumper because I didn't want to take any chance on the tabs breaking when I'm really hauling a$$ and air is screaming around trying to lift and pull anything and everything. I could see that it wasn't as strong as it probably should be in that area.

To be clear, I'm not bashing the product... I like mine ( which I purchased from JL also BTW so it may be different ). However, it should be known that a bit of extra work for a DIY'r or a Pro shop will be required to get the same fit as some other products that cost more.

With that said, I was very happy with the finish of the product once installed and it looks like a million bucks.

Gary, love the attitude and support for your customers! Perhaps you can try to fit one up, have a look at any problems you find and get them to correct future orders. If it was an easy bolt up, perfect fit you'd have an unbeatable product.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Vegas_AMG_C63
Guys, these products are not mounted up correctly. The reason that it was so easy to install is because you didn't get the part to install completely flush with the bumper like the stock piece... i.e. you can see the top of the product unlike the stock diffuser which sits flush. That rear diffuser is not supposed to be "out" nearly that much. Have a look again at a stock diffuser to see what I mean.

In Miami's pictures I can even see the epoxy filler at the top of the carbon diffuser, the factory didn't finish this out properly because it is a cheaper piece and because if it was fit in correctly, it would be hidden.

What needs to happen from here is that you have to trim down the tabs width and thickness (and perhaps other parts of the piece) to get it to fit in further like the stock piece, this is just a bunch of work that shouldn't be necessary but is with these pieces.

This is what Avenger and I were talking about. I'm not saying that you can't run it like this... just that it's not fitting the way it should and that's why the product is less than perfect, it requires modification. If you're happy with your fitment, cool. Just my .02c

I ended up spending more time than I cared to in order to get mine to fit to my satisfaction as did Avenger from the sound of it. Further I ended up taking off the bumper trimming it and then eventually epoxying the tabs on mine to the bumper because I didn't want to take any chance on the tabs breaking when I'm really hauling a$$ and air is screaming around trying to lift and pull anything and everything. I could see that it wasn't as strong as it probably should be in that area.

To be clear, I'm not bashing the product... I like mine ( which I purchased from JL also BTW so it may be different ). However, it should be known that a bit of extra work for a DIY'r or a Pro shop will be required to get the same fit as some other products that cost more.

With that said, I was very happy with the finish of the product once installed and it looks like a million bucks.

Gary, love the attitude and support for your customers! Perhaps you can try to fit one up, have a look at any problems you find and get them to correct future orders. If it was an easy bolt up, perfect fit you'd have an unbeatable product.
Thank you very much for your advice!!
My partner will be flying oversea this Sunday night.
Part of his job is to point out what needs to be fixed immediately, new projects and much more. (I feel like someone lighted a fire under my butt, I am so motivated now, I am ready to go crazy

For my other 30 diffusers just got on the boat this week, I am planning to get a C63 to my bodyshop very close by, get it fitted and see exactly what and where need to be modified... get the diffusers in our next shipment pre-fixed as much as we can to minimize the extra work our customers may have to go through.

Before this is done, I am very willing to work out with you C63 owners and my policy is flexible. Please feel free to pm or email me.

thanks!

Last edited by Suvneer; 04-07-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Vegas_AMG_C63
You are correct, in that the lip at the top is visible. I pushed as hard as I could, and realized that the tabs MAY be a bit long.

I see the point that some may not be willing to file down the tabs, but to shorten the tabs would take all of about 30 secs...most may see cost savings in doing that (a few minutes worth of work to save a few $$$).

It isn't noticable at all in person. I received a few compliments today at the garage when getting the GT PRO Double X's installed...I pointed that out to the guys, and they went close, looked, turned around and were like, "Whatever, dude, it looks great!".

If you are striving for perfection without any effort, this product is not that. However, I thought it was great for the price. And the tabs were definitely not off-kilter like somebody else mentioned. Mine were prefectly lined up.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
can anyone chime in on what they think a professional diffuser install "should" cost for the C63?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by PatSC23
can anyone chime in on what they think a professional diffuser install "should" cost for the C63?
If they charge you any more than $50, its a rip.

It is seriously a 20 min job at most...the stock diffuser was off in 3 mins, and the new one on, and tightened in 10. The longest part (for me anyway) was getting the long bolts tightened behind the bumper.

Now, if you transplant the OEM support arms, that will take a few more minutes.

I just had my x-pipes installed yesterday for $50 (about 45 min work). Guy told me "You know that most people would charge you $200 just because it's a Benz"...don't get ripped because of the car. And the best way is to stay there and watch what they do...you'll see it is a VERY quick process.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

09 CLK550
<< Still waiting when gary will make CLK Difusser
Old 04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

You can pm me a picture, BLKCLK550?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by miami1lt
If they charge you any more than $50, its a rip.

It is seriously a 20 min job at most...the stock diffuser was off in 3 mins, and the new one on, and tightened in 10. The longest part (for me anyway) was getting the long bolts tightened behind the bumper.

Now, if you transplant the OEM support arms, that will take a few more minutes.

I just had my x-pipes installed yesterday for $50 (about 45 min work). Guy told me "You know that most people would charge you $200 just because it's a Benz"...don't get ripped because of the car. And the best way is to stay there and watch what they do...you'll see it is a VERY quick process.
Yup - I got quoted 2-3 hours labor at Star in NJ - seemed crazy to me. DIY it is
Old 04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

09 CLK550
Originally Posted by Gary@Suvneer
You can pm me a picture, BLKCLK550?
PM SENT
Old 04-07-2010, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
I look forward to getting my diffuser from Gary and installing it. From my experience so far he has been open about any issues there might be with the product and installing it and has been proactive and forth-right with all buyers of the product. That is more than I can say for some others who I have bought products from on the boards.
Just as a FYI about the parts been made in China/Asia and quality of the products. I contacted a very well known brand that starts with "V" and is in Germany. Their front lip diffuser is beautiful and costs around $1.6K or so. When I talked with them I asked them if they made it in their plant. Nope, made to spec in China. Who would have guessed!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:06 PM

CLS55
There is nothing wrong with overseas parts as long as the quality is maintained. Gary seems to be pretty straight forward about this whole thing so props to him on that. Anyone who has dealt with importing and overseas manufacturing knows its trial and error, and after the problems are worked out the products... well, they get better.

I am curious about the uv coating, China isn't sooo good about that. I think If I got one of these I would get it sprayed just for piece of mind ; )
Old 04-09-2010, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
I have installed the diffuser and it looks great. The quality and finish is nothing short of spectacular. The tabs do fit in the bumper holes. It is not a perfect fit as I was not able to get a few center tabs to go in so if you were to look very close (2 feet from it), someone could see that the upper ridge is not as tucked in as the sides. It does not bother me and I am very happy with the overall look.
Gary shipped the product quickly and was always very responsive to my questions thru email. Great vendor. . I can't wait for his other products.
As far as install, maybe I am slow but this is far from a 30 minute job. It took me about 1.5 hour from start to finish. I followed the DYI posted above and this helped a lot. As stated before, the CF diffuser does not flex like the OEM so it is very hard to get the tabs to "click" and it takes a lot of elbow grease to get it right. In the center, you cannot get your hand behind the bumper so it is hard to get the CF lip to tuck in. I was also scared of breaking the diffuser if I pushed too hard. You also have to take the new diffuser off to drill the 2 side holes. This is actually a good feature as every car maybe a bit different and you drill it to fit each side. Each hole was drilled in a slightly different spot (we are talking about millimeters here).
Maybe the other higher priced diffusers fit like a glove but I refuse to pay that much for this piece.
Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-before.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-after.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-after-close-up.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-after-2.jpg  

Last edited by emericr; 04-09-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I love it!

Final installed pictures speak the loudest
Old 04-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Old 05-04-2010, 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Finally installed....

Finally got around to installing this unit. Like the others the unit took some work and muscle to get into place as the tabs were not correct. A little more work than I anticipated but I was expecting this. Overall I am pleased with the look of the unit and the quality for the price. It is not perfectly flush with the bumper but I am ok with this. This probably has more to do with the fact that I am somewhat of a hack when it comes to mods and far from good with the tools! I have other mods that I am in process of completing which compete for the $ so this unit was good for the time been.

I would like to say that my experience with Gary was very positive and he delivered on time and always responded to PMs etc. A good seller in my opinion so thanks Gary. I know there are some out there who dislike this product and have opt'd for high-end rear diffusers out there, but IMHO this is a pretty good product for the price and each of us is entitled to our opinions and spending habits...here come the flames I know
Attached Thumbnails FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-cf-diffuser.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-cf-diffuser-002.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-cf-diffuser-003.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-cf-diffuser-004.jpg   FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-cf-diffuser-005.jpg  

FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER 0 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!-cf-diffuser-006.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
I agree with harrower.
It is the center portion that is difficult to get tucked in like the OEM but it does not bother me.
Now go clean those tail pipes and make them shiny
Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
yeah, I know! Rains all the time here in Europe and the roads throw up all kinds of crap. Any recommendations on what best to use to clean the pipes?
Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Thank you very much for your support and patience, Harrower!
Looks great
Old 05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: W204 C63 CARBON FIBER 3FINS DIFFUSER $310 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN MAINLAND US!