Sponsored by:

C63 OEM WHEELS AND ENGINE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
C63 OEM WHEELS AND ENGINE

I'VE BEEN TOLD FOUR DIFFERANT WHEEL OFFSETS FOR MY 2009 C63. IS THE FRONT 45 REAR 54 FOR THE 18" STAGGERED OEM WHEELS? READ THE THREADS ON THE 19" WHEELS VERSUS POT HOLES (WE HAVE MANY HERE IN ARIZONA) YET I SEE MB'S WITH 19"/20". MAYBE THEY OWN A WHEEL AND TIRE SHOP ! ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A WHEEL SUPPLIER THAT YOU'VE USED IN THE PAST ? HAD THE ECU RE-PROGRAMED TO THE 511hP SPECS ( TOLD THE ONLY DIFFERANCE BETWEEN THE TWO HORSEPOWER/TORQUE IS ECU PROGRAM AND EXHAUST HEADERS)AND HAD HIGH SPEED STALLING ISSUES, HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A LIKE ISSUE ?
Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 PM

C63 AMG
You need to calm down, or at the minimum turn off your caps lock key. It's up to you whether you want to sacrifice some ride quality for a more aggressive wheel and tire setup. There are plenty of high quality aftermarket wheel manufacturers and suppliers available for our cars. Just do a quick search here on the forums and I'm sure you'll find plenty of results. What ECU flash are you running? Just saying you had the ECU reprogrammed doesn't help shed much light on your "high speed stalling" issue.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no more AMG
Angry typer The 19 Style V's are prone to cracking if your not carefull. I haven't seen others compain about other 19" manufactures yet though.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 PM

C63 AMG
The flash was done by EVO MOTOR SPORTS here in Phoenix, Az. They are tuners all German cars
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Give EVO a call and I am sure they will do everything they can to sort out your high speed stalling issue. I am sure they want happy customers. Sometimes there may be little glitches that need working through. It is possible it is not a tune problem but you need to have it diagnosed.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 PM

C63 AMG
Regards

Originally Posted by Boost Gomez
You need to calm down, or at the minimum turn off your caps lock key. It's up to you whether you want to sacrifice some ride quality for a more aggressive wheel and tire setup. There are plenty of high quality aftermarket wheel manufacturers and suppliers available for our cars. Just do a quick search here on the forums and I'm sure you'll find plenty of results. What ECU flash are you running? Just saying you had the ECU reprogrammed doesn't help shed much light on your "high speed stalling" issue.
Thank you for your comments Your response is meaning lesss something a person that has nothing better to do then set in front of a computer and dish out correction/information that a Bubba woud respond to, you did not address my questions. How many sites do you engage in I think you are the same sign in that was asked to leave the Z06 forum. Enjoy your KIA !!!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 PM

2010 C63
Your etiquette is lacking sir. Are you 16?

Mike

Originally Posted by DR. TED
Thank you for your comments Your response is meaning lesss something a person that has nothing better to do then set in front of a computer and dish out correction/information that a Bubba woud respond to, you did not address my questions. How many sites do you engage in I think you are the same sign in that was asked to leave the Z06 forum. Enjoy your KIA !!!

Trending Topics

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by Mort
Give EVO a call and I am sure they will do everything they can to sort out your high speed stalling issue. I am sure they want happy customers. Sometimes there may be little glitches that need working through. It is possible it is not a tune problem but you need to have it diagnosed.
Good advice based on a nebulous and poorly written op

First of all, grammar? Second, what's with the tirade on a contributing member of the forum based on his thoughtful response to your unspecific rant? Third, well, damn, you're just showing your newbie-ness.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Did you know that you're cool?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
How can you be such a jerk off when the member (boostgomez) spent time trying to help you and make sense out of your jibberish??

At least show some appreciation. He asked you some questions and offered some advice... What were you looking for? Door front delivery of answers????
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
I see that you have never posted here before...

This is the general rule of posting on ANY online forum:

*** DO NOT USE CAPS! This is equivalent of shouting in our virtual world and it really hurts our eyes. So unless necessary DO NOT USE CAPS! ***
Old 05-05-2010, 03:26 AM

C63 AMG
You must be a forum troll. If not, then I am astounded at your complete lack of simple grammar and general etiquette. This is the last time I respond to any of your senseless posts. For one, I gave you an appropriate response to the jumbled mess of capital letters you posted. Secondly, I'm not even registered on a Z06 forum and I'd like to think I'm a respectable contributor of the forums I am a member of. And last but not least, I may not drive a Kia but I think a fairly diverse stable including a C63 should suffice.

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
How can you be such a jerk off when the member (boostgomez) spent time trying to help you and make sense out of your jibberish??

At least show some appreciation. He asked you some questions and offered some advice... What were you looking for? Door front delivery of answers????
Yep, that's the last time I help someone who just discovered the Internet.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
IMHO the forum should ban people who come on the boards with this type of attitude. This individual has only done 4 posts and all but one have been of flaming type. The other post was asking where they could contact details for Modulare M11 forged monoblocks which qship5 just installed. Pretty simple...ever heard of doing Google search? Guess not...here you go Dr. Ted http://www.modularewheels.com/ I would recommend you be a little nicer to forum members next time they try and help you as the outcome might be more positive
Old 05-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
I would have to agree with Boost Gomez as he was addressing your properly, and did not attack you, I would suggest to take a deep breath, and everyone calm yourselves. Should you need some advice, it would be great to preview your post before pasting it up on this forum, people around here are very helpful, however get "rustled up" if you are not using proper etiquette.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:09 PM

2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
I'VE BEEN TOLD FOUR DIFFERANT WHEEL OFFSETS FOR MY 2009 C63. IS THE FRONT 45 REAR 54 FOR THE 18" STAGGERED OEM WHEELS? READ THE THREADS ON THE 19" WHEELS VERSUS POT HOLES (WE HAVE MANY HERE IN ARIZONA) YET I SEE MB'S WITH 19"/20". MAYBE THEY OWN A WHEEL AND TIRE SHOP ! ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A WHEEL SUPPLIER THAT YOU'VE USED IN THE PAST ? HAD THE ECU RE-PROGRAMED TO THE 511hP SPECS ( TOLD THE ONLY DIFFERANCE BETWEEN THE TWO HORSEPOWER/TORQUE IS ECU PROGRAM AND EXHAUST HEADERS)AND HAD HIGH SPEED STALLING ISSUES, HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A LIKE ISSUE ?
Man, those kids drive me nuts...

Straightfoward answers:

1) I've seen even SmarCars and Mini Coopers running 19' and 20's. It's aesthetical, but risky, and yet, you'll be looking like a baller. Above all that, it WILL make the ride stiffer and there WILL be a bigger chance of getting a flat. That's a FACT. Don't be naive. There's a huge chance that you'll feel uncomfortable and a bigger chance that you'll get a flat tyre. So, don't be stubborn. If you are prone to deal with this kind of trouble, then, get the bigger wheels and be a happy baller.

2)Neither I, nor anyone here can help you with the ECU problem, unless you become a little more specific. It's impossible. It is like posting something as "I've got an itch on my as*. What can it be?". The answer can go from "hemorroids" to "go wipe your as*". So, bring us real information based on a real world, and we'll provide you good answers (if you can read them).

And shame on your grammar. I'm brazilian and I'm almost James Joyce compared to you.

Last edited by mzporto; 05-05-2010 at 01:13 PM.