C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Mod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB GLK 350 4matic(FOR SALE), 2010 C 63 AMG(FOR SALE)
First Mod?

Just got my C 63 now with about 400 miles. Have put 3M on the front, tint to follow. Next in line either the Quaife LSD or a tune? As to the tune-Tenntech, Kleemann or ?. Any suggestion from the masses? And pictures are to come.

Thanks for any input.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
I would get the quaife lsd..no doubt. The car can't put down the power it has now. Then get a tune. I've got the kleeman k1, very happy with it..my dealer did the install, so i don't have to worry about warranty issues.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:07 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Even Money
I would get the quaife lsd..no doubt. The car can't put down the power it has now. Then get a tune. I've got the kleeman k1, very happy with it..my dealer did the install, so i don't have to worry about warranty issues.
How is it that some dealers will install Kleeman and warranty the work yet others refuse ?? My dealer will not touch anything that has been tuned and he just told me the other day (the shop foreman) that they have new software that can "see" ANY code changes in the ECU....
I asked him to tell me more and he said he couldn't....that this new software just came out and they are going to start flagging modified cars with Status 8.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:11 PM

MB GLK 350 4matic(FOR SALE), 2010 C 63 AMG(FOR SALE)
The dealership I got my car from doesn't do any mods. I spoke with a dealership in NC that does Renntech mods and I was told that when done by them does not cause any warranty issues and the warranty is still valid. Heard anything different?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:17 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
MB of Buckhead in Atlanta also installs and warranties Renntech/Kleemann/Evosport and some others...
Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Did my K1 through dealership in PA and was told no issues with warranty. Even the dealer here in Czech Republic says there is no issue and know not to flash the ECU
Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
So will any of these dealers flash the ECU with an afterarket tune ?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 PM

09 C63
Originally Posted by LZH
How is it that some dealers will install Kleeman and warranty the work yet others refuse ?? My dealer will not touch anything that has been tuned and he just told me the other day (the shop foreman) that they have new software that can "see" ANY code changes in the ECU....
I asked him to tell me more and he said he couldn't....that this new software just came out and they are going to start flagging modified cars with Status 8.
i have wondered about this, if the engine hand grenades, the dealership is not going to pay for a new engine and i don't think MB will replace the engine under warranty if the ECU software has been modified - why would they? they warranty their work not third parties.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
LZH - my experience is that most simply send off the ECU for tune. That been said, several MB dealers here in Europe actually do mods as part of their business and do not only ECUs from Kleemann. MBK etc, but full blown upgrades along the lines of Brabus.
Tgibrit - MB knows full well the limits of the engine and probably has some form of informal guidelines as to what ECU flash is ok and what is not. A K1 certainly will not implode the 6.2 engine and is probably well within the performance specs of the engine. That been said if you come into the shop with Turbo or NOS unit attached to your toasted engine that is different story.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:55 PM

09 C63
Originally Posted by harrower
LZH - my experience is that most simply send off the ECU for tune. That been said, several MB dealers here in Europe actually do mods as part of their business and do not only ECUs from Kleemann. MBK etc, but full blown upgrades along the lines of Brabus.
Tgibrit - MB knows full well the limits of the engine and probably has some form of informal guidelines as to what ECU flash is ok and what is not. A K1 certainly will not implode the 6.2 engine and is probably well within the performance specs of the engine. That been said if you come into the shop with Turbo or NOS unit attached to your toasted engine that is different story.
if i could get that in writing i would be happy. when the e46 m3 and 996 engines were letting go with regularity it took a while for BMW & Porsche to honor warranty claims on those without mods. maybe MB is different, this is my first AMG and i am naturally risk averse (also known as too old) by nature.