Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by benyl
I have a 2010 P30.

There are many people on this site that have 2010 P30 packaged cars.
+1, many have the P30 on the 2010.

Nick, I do have a question about your original post though? You said that you were able to track YOUR car at an AMG Academy (Track day). Did you do this during the school because I have been to many many manufacturere track days and I have never seen the manufacturer allow a student/participant take their own car out on the track?? Perhaps you did this BEFORE or AFTER the manufacturer track day. I did the Lexus ISF event at Joliet (AutoBahn) IL last year and they would absolutely NOT allow personal cars to be tracked??
Old 05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Newzchspy

Nick, I do have a question about your original post though? You said that you were able to track YOUR car at an AMG Academy (Track day). Did you do this during the school because I have been to many many manufacturere track days and I have never seen the manufacturer allow a student/participant take their own car out on the track?? Perhaps you did this BEFORE or AFTER the manufacturer track day. I did the Lexus ISF event at Joliet (AutoBahn) IL last year and they would absolutely NOT allow personal cars to be tracked??
AMG driving school may allow you to use your own car or one of their cars.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 05-12-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
AMG driving school allows you to use your own car or one of their cars.
I have not done one for MB and was not aware of this. It defies what other manufacturers are doing since none that I have attended, including BMW. Mini, Lexus, GM and even Chryco have allowed personal cars to be tracked during THEIR event.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:54 PM
APX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Very good review and you're probably true in terms of the small hp increase not being felt as much as we all hoped to. However, it is worth it to note that the reliability from the lighter/forged engine parts is another note-worthy benefit.

I don't mean to complicate things further here, but the PPP (P31) option does not come with any suspension modification. The stiffer suspension came only as part of the P30 (old performance) package.

I believe that the P30 suspension upgrade is included in the 2011 C63 APX package aka PPP in Canada which includes P31 and P30 minus LSD.

Last edited by APX; 05-12-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by APX
I believe that the P30 suspension upgrade is included in the APX package aka PPP in Canada which includes P31 and P30 minus LSD.
Mercedes/AMG dropped the "stiffer suspension" all together from the PPP (P31 package) and is not even orderable as a stand-alone option anymore on the C-Class here in the U.S. I am not sure how what the option entails in Canada, but I would guess it'd be very close the U.S. option
Old 05-12-2010, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I have not done one for MB and was not aware of this. It defies what other manufacturers are doing since none that I have attended, including BMW. Mini, Lexus, GM and even Chryco have allowed personal cars to be tracked during THEIR event.
I maybe mistaken then..... usually many of these schools follow the same rules. If all the ones you listed did not let you drive your car, I am pretty sure you won't be able to drive yours in the Mercedes event. The reason I initially said they allowed it was because I remember reading that they gave you an option to drive your car or theirs a few years ago
Old 05-12-2010, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad

It was after the tracking of their own cars, at the end of the day...I was insistant and have done this tracking with the same group in Dallas last year so they allowed me to do so. As well, I have tracked on this circuit last year with my car, so I am familiar with this course and not some one shot deal kind of guy...anyway, I will attend another one of these events again in the near future, if you have never participated in their Driving Academy, I really strongly reccomend you do, even being someone who has tracked many different cars in my past, it is priceless to get new points of view from amazing instructors.