Sponsored by:

Got keyed today at the mall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
What did you do is the question? People dont (normally) randomly key cars for no reason. Were you one of those *******s who parked in the middle of two spots? Did you take someones spot? Were you zipping around the parking lot obnoxiously?

Random violence does happen, but more times than not its due to an action the victim performed knowingly or obliviously.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Reminds me of Pulp Fiction:

Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ****er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: ****ing keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's ****ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of **** ****ed with it.
Lance: They should be ****ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a ****er!
Vincent: What's more chicken**** than ****ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
Man, that really sucks. I feel your pain bro... I can never understand why ppl do such a horrible thing like this!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
This is very sad to see... I always try to take a different car to the mall or gym due to this. There is also a lot of haters down here in Miami.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 PM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
Originally Posted by propain
What did you do is the question? People dont (normally) randomly key cars for no reason. Were you one of those *******s who parked in the middle of two spots? Did you take someones spot? Were you zipping around the parking lot obnoxiously?

Random violence does happen, but more times than not its due to an action the victim performed knowingly or obliviously.
Don't what pissed me off more
Car that got keyed or you asking stupid questions
Look at all post before you make your comments

READ THIS
Was minding my own business, did not take anyones spots since there where plenty at the back. NO did not drive in any abnormal way
Old 05-10-2010, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Same thing happened to mine, just paint it and it'll be fine.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
So do they re-paint the whole side or can it be airbrushed in for the front part, since is not to deep?
I know for sure the quarter panel have to be blended
Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 PM

no more AMG
Originally Posted by mzporto
Reminds me of Pulp Fiction:

Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ****er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: ****ing keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's ****ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of **** ****ed with it.
Lance: They should be ****ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a ****er!
Vincent: What's more chicken**** than ****ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.
Damn, you beat me to the quote!

That seriously sucks man... God I hate punks
Old 05-10-2010, 12:54 PM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
Originally Posted by NickZag
Damn, you beat me to the quote!

That seriously sucks man... God I hate punks
Yeap am John Travolta now
Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 PM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
Talking to the insurance now, they said it will not increase on my premium
Checking if they will report it, so it will show up on the carfax
That would sucks
Old 05-10-2010, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
I feel for you. In my previous car someone anonymously left me a smashed in front quarter panel and door. I suspect they backed up into me but they left and there was no way to track down who did it. Stuff just happens. It sucks.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:34 PM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
Marcos quoted me $1500-2000
Damn don't want to paint the whole side
Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
But anyway, when I was single and much younger, I dropped off my then-girlfriend one night at her home when I was still driving one of my NSXs. As we walked up to her apartment building front door, we passed another couple who were out walking their small dog. We smiled as we passed them and they smiled back.

After seeing my girlfriend into the building, I went back to my car only to see that same couple holding up their small dog so that it could do its business on my car. Maybe they didn't realize the car was mine, or maybe they did, but one thing's for sure - I had never seen these people before in my life and had never done anything to them. So why the hell would they do this to a car that belongs to someone they don't know, and have no vendetta against? I couldn't figure it out.
:
WTF??!!! What scumbags.....Please let us know what happened when you caught them...I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to know...

-Rob
Old 05-10-2010, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

I know how you feel, my car got keyed a few months ago but all the way down the entire right side taking off paint from rear to front

but watch that video it may brighten your day a bit haha
Old 05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by transferred
WTF??!!! What scumbags.....Please let us know what happened when you caught them...I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to know...

-Rob
The first thing I discovered is that most haters are cowards. The people who do this sort of thing, keying other people's car for example, do so by cover of night or only when no one's looking. Even BMW drivers have more guts than them. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I figure most of these types of people don't see any way that they could ever acquire some of the finer things in life, so they get their satisfaction by venting their frustration on people who can.

So anyway, the couple didn't see me approaching as they had their backs to me. When I announced my presence, they were startled. I honestly didn't see what exactly they were doing when I was still at a distance. I thought they were just admiring the engine because I had a see-through NSX-R grill over the engine rather than the solid metal cover that comes stock.

But as I got closer, I realized what they were doing, so once I realized this, I pushed the guy hard and away from my car. He wore glasses and the jolt knocked them loose and the glasses fell onto the ground. I picked them up and wouldn't give them back to him. I asked them what the hell they thought they were doing and the guy just turned beet red with embarrassment. The girlfriend said she told him not to do it, but that he wouldn't listen. I asked them why I shouldn't just go ballistic on them right there and then and it was at that point the guy apologized profusely, saying he was sorry and that he just meant it as a prank.

I told him this "prank" was going to cost him, so without going into too much detail, we settled the matter with them paying me $400 to get my car professionally detailed. His girlfriend went to get the money while I held his spectacles ransom (lol). I figure that ought to hurt him more than me giving him a bloody nose and fueling his hatred for people with more means than he has. To this day, I still get a chuckle out of that whole story.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
You should've collected and still given a beat down.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 PM

2009 C63 K1
Awful...I had a much less painful experience recently when someone let the air out of one of my tires and stole the valve cap. I wish we could round all these low-lifes up and send them to a distant island somewhere.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:29 PM

2008 C350
You sure you don't drive like a maniac? I would do the same if you cut me off or annoy me. I seen a car burned down before because they don't know how to park.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
^^^Dude, if I cut you off, feel free to cut me off back, cuss me out, whatever...touching the car...not a good response. There is no good reason for anybody to deflate tires, scratch cars, pour salt in a gas tank, etc.

Agree with most posts...there are just some haters in life. If we rounded up everybody who has ever committed an egregious act against another human, there wouldn't be anybody left.

I've had a few people tell me to "slow down" on the streets. Some probably had a point (although 55mph in an AMG is like 35mph in most other cars--ie. breaking distance, maneuverability, etc.). Others didn't. I either said, "Thanks, I'll do that", or "Mind your own business or call the cops". Either way, I don't think a car-keying is in order.

I think if I saw somebody keying the car, I'd do what Sebring did...insist they pay to compensate (on the spot), and if not, call the police...and if they ran to a car, I'd follow them. But at a point, the chase isn't worth it, and the $100 comprehensive covers that sort of damage.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Don't taser me bro!!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Originally Posted by got_thang?
You sure you don't drive like a maniac? I would do the same if you cut me off or annoy me. I seen a car burned down before because they don't know how to park.
you are a goon!
anyone with respect for cars should never key another mans (or womans) pride and joy. Hands down most immature cowardly thing anyone could do
Old 05-10-2010, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Ouch..... it was freakin painful seeing that

I hope they someone catches these guys eventually and teach them a lesson.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by soldier2304
This is very sad to see... I always try to take a different car to the mall or gym due to this. There is also a lot of haters down here in Miami.
Looking at your car list, they are all nice rides.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by got_thang?
I would do the same if you cut me off or annoy me. I seen a car burned down before because they don't know how to park.
Was it someone taking two spaces?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 PM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by miami1lt
^^^Dude, if I cut you off, feel free to cut me off back, cuss me out, whatever...touching the car...not a good response. There is no good reason for anybody to deflate tires, scratch cars, pour salt in a gas tank, etc.

Agree with most posts...there are just some haters in life. If we rounded up everybody who has ever committed an egregious act against another human, there wouldn't be anybody left.

I've had a few people tell me to "slow down" on the streets. Some probably had a point (although 55mph in an AMG is like 35mph in most other cars--ie. breaking distance, maneuverability, etc.). Others didn't. I either said, "Thanks, I'll do that", or "Mind your own business or call the cops". Either way, I don't think a car-keying is in order.

I think if I saw somebody keying the car, I'd do what Sebring did...insist they pay to compensate (on the spot), and if not, call the police...and if they ran to a car, I'd follow them. But at a point, the chase isn't worth it, and the $100 comprehensive covers that sort of damage.
Well that was just my street biker side kicking in. I get heart attacks when people cut me off on my bike.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got keyed today at the mall