Sponsored by:

Got keyed today at the mall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan

That kind of stuff makes me CRAZY. CRAZY I TELL YOU.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
Originally Posted by Sincity
Was it someone taking two spaces?
Yeah always happen down here.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

That kind of stuff makes me CRAZY. CRAZY I TELL YOU.
Do you feel lucky? Well do you? Go ahead make my day PUNK
Old 05-10-2010, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by ELO168
Do you feel lucky? Well do you? Go ahead make my day PUNK
Hey ELO, I was showing my Fiance what happened to you and we both feel really miserable. If you feel ok with it, PM your address, my Fiance and I would like to send you and your family a gift card to ColdStone or DairyQueen to put a smile on your faces through this mean act.

Good KARMA returns GOOD Karma...

Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 AM

c63 amg
We need to put a high voltage system that is wired to the sheet metal.

Any one touching you car with a metal object gets a 20000 volt jolt.

Just an idea...
Old 05-11-2010, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Sorry about your car. This is exactly why I don't drive it as often as others. I have a daily driver and use the C63 for special occasions.

Anyhow I hope your car gets fixed soon.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Don't what pissed me off more
Car that got keyed or you asking stupid questions
Look at all post before you make your comments

READ THIS
Was minding my own business, did not take anyones spots since there where plenty at the back. NO did not drive in any abnormal way
Not trying to **** you off more. Not a stupid question. People have reasons for everything. No matter how demented they are. Maybe they though you were acting like a big shot or a douche or something. Maybe you were driving fast. Maybe you cut them off 10 mins ago on the way to the mall and they happen to follow you. So many reasons. Many they are just total aholes who need a beat down because they are just envious of your car.

All im saying is there is 3 sides to a story. Your, Theirs and the truth.

Sorry about getting keyed though. Sucks. I got a nice ding and scratch a while back from a moron SUV that decided to park into my stall then proceed to swing his big fat door open into the side of my car. Now if he didnt realize he did that and I keyed the **** out of his car for doing it he would be on a forum like this as the victim. Ya dig?

Get it fixed and move on. Also see if the mall has cameras installed. You can possibly press criminal charges if the damage is high enough.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
The first thing I discovered is that most haters are cowards. The people who do this sort of thing, keying other people's car for example, do so by cover of night or only when no one's looking. Even BMW drivers have more guts than them. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I figure most of these types of people don't see any way that they could ever acquire some of the finer things in life, so they get their satisfaction by venting their frustration on people who can.

So anyway, the couple didn't see me approaching as they had their backs to me. When I announced my presence, they were startled. I honestly didn't see what exactly they were doing when I was still at a distance. I thought they were just admiring the engine because I had a see-through NSX-R grill over the engine rather than the solid metal cover that comes stock.

But as I got closer, I realized what they were doing, so once I realized this, I pushed the guy hard and away from my car. He wore glasses and the jolt knocked them loose and the glasses fell onto the ground. I picked them up and wouldn't give them back to him. I asked them what the hell they thought they were doing and the guy just turned beet red with embarrassment. The girlfriend said she told him not to do it, but that he wouldn't listen. I asked them why I shouldn't just go ballistic on them right there and then and it was at that point the guy apologized profusely, saying he was sorry and that he just meant it as a prank.

I told him this "prank" was going to cost him, so without going into too much detail, we settled the matter with them paying me $400 to get my car professionally detailed. His girlfriend went to get the money while I held his spectacles ransom (lol). I figure that ought to hurt him more than me giving him a bloody nose and fueling his hatred for people with more means than he has. To this day, I still get a chuckle out of that whole story.
That was a good move taking his glasses. Even if he tried to fight you, you have the upper-hand!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:01 AM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
Originally Posted by propain
Not trying to **** you off more. Not a stupid question. People have reasons for everything. No matter how demented they are. Maybe they though you were acting like a big shot or a douche or something. Maybe you were driving fast. Maybe you cut them off 10 mins ago on the way to the mall and they happen to follow you. So many reasons. Many they are just total aholes who need a beat down because they are just envious of your car.

All im saying is there is 3 sides to a story. Your, Theirs and the truth.

Sorry about getting keyed though. Sucks. I got a nice ding and scratch a while back from a moron SUV that decided to park into my stall then proceed to swing his big fat door open into the side of my car. Now if he didnt realize he did that and I keyed the **** out of his car for doing it he would be on a forum like this as the victim. Ya dig?

Get it fixed and move on. Also see if the mall has cameras installed. You can possibly press criminal charges if the damage is high enough.
The is no 3 sides of this story,
Thank you for pouring salt on the wound.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
The is no 3 sides of this story,
Thank you for pouring salt on the wound.
Well im sorry to hear it then. Random violence sucks but its rarely random or without reason. Whatever the reason its just wrong to key a car.

You should again check to see if there are security cameras at the mall and pursue criminal charges.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
A couple of years ago, we had one guy up here in Vancouver who was caught red-handed after he had systematically keyed over 600 cars in the span of a couple of months. He wasn't some kid. He was in his 30s and he did it to spite the government-backed insurance company that gave him what he felt was a raw deal on his insurance claim.

I'm not making this up.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...5-c54a6ceee8b5
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
ELO you have my sympathy. That is how a miserable, envious person says "nice car, wish I had one." So you're gonna have to repaint, huh? That sucks bigtime...... I'd be livid if this happened to my C63. I've had 2 cars intentionally damaged as well, in random parking lots. The only thing that wasn't random was that my car was nice, and the perp was an empty *****hole of humanity. Hope your car is back as good-as-new soon. Maybe you can dream up some goodies the body shop can paint as well, try to turn it into something even better than before, might ease the pain.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:27 PM

c63
naw but my car looks like it got keyed, it still has scratches from my garage door being closed too earily =(
Old 05-12-2010, 07:19 PM

2002 C32 (gone), 2009 C63 K1
Sucks to see the damage. Don't forget to try a good detail with fine cut cleaner. I had my new C63 (lightly) keyed and it removed all traces.

There is a special place in Hell for a person who would key a car.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by MNL ICE
Did you ask the security if they have a camera pointed where you parked?

Anyway call Raymond from M1 Autobody in El Monte for a quote...kinda pricey but really really good highly recommended.
+1 for Raymond.

You can also try Howard at Auto Network in San Gabriel or David at DTM Autohaus in El Monte.

Alternatively, what you might be able to do is find a good detailer and have them wet sand the damaged part instead of a full body shop.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:17 PM

ML
When my family first got the 99' ML, it was keyed within a few months. Stuff like that drives me crazy. One of my buddies was telling me about a professor at ETSU college. He would key nice cars.. just because he thinks people are to caught up in "material". He just thought that people shouldn't care about nice things..so.. he'd see a nice car.. and key it. And yes, he drove an old POS.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:46 PM

c63
i need to find a good shop in southern california that doesnt, kill your wallet, im selling my car for money reasons so i can't afford much right now
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 PM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
+1 for Raymond.

You can also try Howard at Auto Network in San Gabriel or David at DTM Autohaus in El Monte.

Alternatively, what you might be able to do is find a good detailer and have them wet sand the damaged part instead of a full body shop.

Yeah I know those places, M1 and DTM have same owner
House of Imports quoted me $almost $1900
BTW if I claim insurance it will be on the carfax
So it comes down to pay myself or claim
Well can always leave it keyed
But it will hurt my eyes like hell
Old 05-12-2010, 09:28 PM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
This is what i did for now with Crayon

Need to thank you my friends daughter for the Crayon
Old 05-12-2010, 09:28 PM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
i know you can still see it, but at least it does not hurt so bad
Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 PM

2016 C300
Puente Hills mall is really not a safe place to go, one of my friend's car was stolen at puente hills mall, right outside of 24 fitness and my co-worker's car was broken into
Old 05-13-2010, 11:32 PM

A lot
You didn't answer if you took up two spaces? Even if you parked on the other side of the planet... and you felt there were 100 free parking spaces around you... did you possibly take up 2?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:03 AM

C63, C280, 2500HD, IS300
Originally Posted by SCCAForums
You didn't answer if you took up two spaces? Even if you parked on the other side of the planet... and you felt there were 100 free parking spaces around you... did you possibly take up 2?

No dude, did not double parked
I parked at the end where curb is on your left side and i park as close as possible to it so the right side would have plenty of room.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:15 AM

E CLASS
HATERS....they SUCK
Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 AM

A lot
No dude, did not double parked
I parked at the end where curb is on your left side and i park as close as possible to it so the right side would have plenty of room.
That sucks Elo... sorry to hear... usually when you hear about these things... the 'victim' takes up a couple parking spaces, even out in the middle of no-where. Sorry... it seems like you did nothing wrong, and just some dumb kids..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got keyed today at the mall