C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Released C63 Carbon Hood by Revozport.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by GMP - MATTHEW
Can you name these other brands that even make a carbon hood for a C63?
I didnt make my point well enough because everyone said the same thing, so I'll try to rephrase it.

The materials in this hood are no different than the $300 VIS hood that fits perfectly on someones Integra or Civic. The difference I see is that the quantity made to make R&D $ back is much much less so the price is much higher. $500 higher...maybe. But 5x the price...nuts.

I know there are more expensive options, but they are ridiculous too. My point is, all the aftermarket parts for these cars are insanely priced, a bit because of the exclusivity and limited ability for ROI, but mostly because companies want to exploit that benz logo and as a consumer that should offend people.

Im not dissing the product, Im not talking in comparison to others on the market...my point is the entire market is skewed for this brand. ECU tunes for $2000, intakes for $3000...give me a break, whether you can afford it or not, that's just offensive. I've got a donut here, same flavor and same ingredients as the one for 69c at Dunkin Donuts, but since you pulled up in a mercedes my friend, it'll be $9.99.

FWIW for people with concern about the hood flying up, if this uses OEM hardware that should not be an issue at all.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate
Rory,

When thinking about how they are going to make their R&D money back, you also need to think about how many of these cars are actually made. Then have to figure how many of those customers are actually willing to modify them. Then figure out of those C63 owners that modify their cars, how many of them would actually by a carbon fiber hood for it. It takes a totally different type of enthusiast to even think about it. Most might do a software upgrade, maybe some wheels, Few might lower it, maybe do an intake or sport filters and stop right there. I mean depending on the color of my car I probably wouldn't even think about buying a carbon hood. I could only think of maybe 3 or so colors that I would actually put one on with.

$1500 is probably just over the cost of one car payment. People spend 4 times this amount on wheels and tires alone.

There are people out there selling 80k body kits for a 120-130k bentley GT.

Why is the C63 more than twice the price of the C350?

At the end of the day a manufacture should price their product based on cost to R&D and product the product as well as estimated units they would actually sell and also leave some room to sell it to your dealers and how many people are out there selling the same thing with same quality.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by GMP - MATTHEW
Rory,

When thinking about how they are going to make their R&D money back, you also need to think about how many of these cars are actually made. Then have to figure how many of those customers are actually willing to modify them. Then figure out of those C63 owners that modify their cars, how many of them would actually by a carbon fiber hood for it. It takes a totally different type of enthusiast to even think about it. Most might do a software upgrade, maybe some wheels, Few might lower it, maybe do an intake or sport filters and stop right there. I mean depending on the color of my car I probably wouldn't even think about buying a carbon hood. I could only think of maybe 3 or so colors that I would actually put one on with.
I agree, and I factored this in above. Again...this still does not justify the triple digit % markup. I'll give you this, the hood makes more sense than a $2200 ECU flash, thats pathetic.

$1500 is probably just over the cost of one car payment. People spend 4 times this amount on wheels and tires alone.

There are people out there selling 80k body kits for a 120-130k bentley GT.

Why is the C63 more than twice the price of the C350?
This inherently is my problem with the manufacturers and distributors that cater to this crowd. THIS is what people base their pricing on, and thats frustrating. It should be irrelevant how much the car costs that is not justification for pricing a $15 shift knob with a 2000% markup.

At the end of the day a manufacture should price their product based on cost to R&D and product the product as well as estimated units they would actually sell and also leave some room to sell it to your dealers and how many people are out there selling the same thing with same quality.
I agree and unfortunately because that last line is so ridiculous skewed in this market, we have $3500 headers and $5000 exhausts, its disgusting. If there is a manufacturer out there that can stomach not gouging their customers for well made parts, there is a market here waiting to buy your product.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Keep in mind the product mark up also includes (which I forgot to mention) subdealer margins so I can resell it wholesale to members trusted local shops.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Revozport is looking for a lighter strut for the hood but for now the stock ones work just fine. They did notice that it opens up a lot faster than the stock one so you do need to be careful while opening it.

This hood that we have one of in stock, its single sided carbon, both sides can be done in carbon fiber for a small additional charge.

The hood installs in all of its factory locations and you can retain your stock sound dampening material from your stock hood.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Still available
Old 07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I would like to make a quick comment about the high speed question. If you plan to run the mile or make any other extreme(150+) runs I would put the steel hood back on. Don't chance a beatuful car and beautiful hood for a few pounds in the mile run. Just be cautious.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Even if it was a 100% secure and no chance of coming off, I will would remove it so that I don't risk getting a rock chip in it or anything. Once it gets cracked it can never be fixed back to 100%.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I would get a full clear bra on the hood just to be on the safe side.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
We can have this clear bra done for anyone interested prior to shipping it out.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M156 and LS7
Still available?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
The one that was in stock is sold but more can be ordered an made. Takes about 2 weeks to make.